DSG Software Up-date

I've heard some where, may be on Brisky, that there's a software up-date for the Fabia DSG gear Box.

I've noticed with the wife's that when starting from a stand in "D " that there's a slight hesitation before move off

" Is this Correct or am I dreaming? "

Thanks Auric

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard some where, may be on Brisky, that there's a software up-date for the Fabia DSG gear Box.

I've noticed with the wife's that when starting from a stand in "D " that there's a slight hesitation before move off

Thanks Auric

This could be the hill holder may be? If your on a slope (even a slight incline) I noticed that the hill holder does seem to come on. As far as I know there is not a DSG remap out yet they are still being developed although I could be wrong

This could be the hill holder may be? If your on a slope (even a slight incline) I noticed that the hill holder does seem to come on. As far as I know there is not a DSG remap out yet they are still being developed although I could be wrong

Not after a remap. It's an official Skoda DSG software up-date. I've heard some where that there is one

I'd also love to know if there's a software update as the delay is frustrating...you can work around it in other gears but not 1st...my wife won't pull out from a junction unless there's LOADS of time as she finds the delay quite unnerving.

I'd also love to know if there's a software update as the delay is frustrating...you can work around it in other gears but not 1st...my wife won't pull out from a junction unless there's LOADS of time as she finds the delay quite unnerving.

Ive heard this before.... but I don't understand it. I have no delay at all when moving off in my vRS, I never have (2400 miles now) I also have 2 people I'm teaching to drive in it at the moment, and they don't experiance any problems moving away either...

how are you getting a delay? as soon as you release the footbrake the clutch engages immediatley, at least it does in mine....

can you give me more information about exactly the circumstances that you experiance this delay, to shed some light on whats happening? I may be able to help :thumbup:

Edited by sharkrider

Ive heard this before.... but I don't understand it. I have no delay at all when moving off in my vRS, I never have (2400 miles now) I also have 2 people I'm teaching to drive in it at the moment, and they don't experiance any problems moving away either...

how are you getting a delay? as soon as you release the footbrake the clutch engages immediatley, at least it does in mine....

can you give me more information about exactly the circumstances that you experiance this delay, to shed some light on whats happening? I may be able to help :thumbup:

It only does it when moving off from a stand, your in " D " foot off the brake and the car creeps slowly, put your foot on the "go" pedel and press. once the "go" pedel is depressed, not a hard press, there is a momentry lapse before power is applied. It may well be me, I drive my Manual Vrs (octavia) most of the time.

Just seems a bit off putting

It only does it when moving off from a stand, your in " D " foot off the brake and the car creeps slowly, put your foot on the "go" pedel and press. once the "go" pedel is depressed, not a hard press, there is a momentry lapse before power is applied. It may well be me, I drive my Manual Vrs (octavia) most of the time.

Just seems a bit off putting

thanks for the description.... I assumed you may be doing something differnt to how I may drive it, but I have been in the situation you describe, and have suffered no delay... hhhmmm confusing... are you using 95 RON fuel?

thanks for the description.... I assumed you may be doing something differnt to how I may drive it, but I have been in the situation you describe, and have suffered no delay... hhhmmm confusing... are you using 95 RON fuel?

It runs on Super Unleaded from BP (most of the time)

98 Ron I think

It has also run on tesco and Sainsburys finest...........97 Ron

524 miles on the clock

Thanks Auric

[/quot

My car was in for its first service last week and I asked the dealer if there were any updates and they said they checked and that there none

Mine now hesitates less (after 10k miles)but I still find it frustrating particularly when joining a roundabout instead of gentle acceleration when you want it it pauses and drops to a much lower gear. I havent found using it Manually or using S improves the situation

I've only had one epic failure to pull away in mine and that was so odd I've never been able to replicate the situation.

Traffic light down hill 90 left and then straight road. I stopped at the lights, as I knew the lights I was anticipating the lights letting the car roll a bit in manual (it will do this) then tried to accelerate got nothing ended up foot flat going into drive then sport then back to drive still nothing foot off acclerator brake to a stop, foot down with some viguer and did a rediculous launch of a start.

I suspect the DSG software has some holes in it of situations that were not imagined in the building and testing of the software. But I can't say I've found the delay that bad it's slower than a manual and some blending of the clutch and accelerator but not worrying so as I've never been able to replicate the above. However to be on the safe side I just go with the stop the car wait and then plant it and let the traction control sort it out if I want to get out of a junction in a tight gap you'll usually be traveling a lot faster than the flow of traffic after you've straighened up anyway.

524 miles on it?

I doubt it's even had a chance to adapt fully to one driver yet.

mmmmmmmmm...............there might be something in that, it's driven most of the time by my Wife cos it's hers, always in "D " mode

I'll have to teach it a lesson.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

mmmmmmmmm...............there might be something in that, it's driven most of the time by my Wife cos it's hers, always in "D " mode

I'll have to teach it a lesson.

Haha I like that excuse for taking it for a spin!

"Just going to teach the DSG box, back in a bit..."

post 17 in this link states the exact smae thing. DSG becomes lazy if its driven lazy. if its driven hard, it adapts

Good Link Janner_Sy* (my bad) :thumbup:

I’m picking my RS up on Friday,

can I expect a bit of this hesitation from pulling away with a brand new car with DSG? :S

Sounds like not everyone has experienced, I wonder, it should go away after some mileage ?

Edited by JamesDensley

Intresting read, thanks for that :thumbup:

i started that as all i was reading on here and SCN was people 'mostly without' DSG saying that they hated it and wouldnt like it. So since i used the GTI forum alot, i would ask thier opinion as theres a large percentage of GTI's with DSG.

As you can see, the poll is practically fully in favour of never going back to manual again

I have had my new Fabia 1.2 TSI DSG for 2weeks and I too am having a problem with the car getting away, Particularly after approaching a roundabout on overrun.I almost caused an accident last Saturday when trying to pull away and a car coming from the right had to take action to aviod running into me.I put my foot down and almost nothing happened for at least 3 seconds (a long time when your'e being closed down). I am booked in to see a technician in just over a week. I read a piece in one of my weekend papers that there is a known problem with the DSG gearbox.I will let you know how I get on. :S

I have had my new Fabia 1.2 TSI DSG for 2weeks and I too am having a problem with the car getting away, Particularly after approaching a roundabout on overrun.I almost caused an accident last Saturday when trying to pull away and a car coming from the right had to take action to aviod running into me.I put my foot down and almost nothing happened for at least 3 seconds (a long time when your'e being closed down). I am booked in to see a technician in just over a week. I read a piece in one of my weekend papers that there is a known problem with the DSG gearbox.I will let you know how I get on. :S

Snap, mine is the same. Dangerous is one way to describe it. I now find myself waiting like a learner for a big enough gap to pull out. Then it is foot down to get away and you end up like a nodding dog as the power comes on.

I have a creaking seat and door to be looked at so the DSG will get bundled onto the problem list when I book it in. Maybe if enough people take issue then something will get done.

Its rather odd as the 2010 yeti i test drove (same engine/gearbox) was also rather dangerous and horrible in exactly the same way.

Then when i took delivery of my 2011 yeti, none of the problems with the test car were present....... its like a completely different car, almost as smooth as a real automatic, though sometimes it does get caught out in heavy traffic.

I suggest getting the update done.

Hi

I have also noticed lag on our new 1.2 Fabia DSG. Collected 24th Feb 2011. More worrying though, where we live the hills are quite steep and if you are pulling up gently to a stop in D the car will actually roll back a bit. This makes your heart miss a beat. I have had this happen stopping at traffic lights and leaving a friend's drive. - Did not notice any lag whatsoever in the vrs we test drove.

Thinking of having it checked out!