The Skoda 'Black Hole' ordering system

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I ordered my Fabia vRS this monday (14th March) from Lookers, Stockport. Was told its currently running at a maximum of 18 weeks for delivery; which means 18th July should be the very latest for me. I did spec it up alot - sat nav, climatronic air con, armrest, heated seats - and if it wasn't for the VAT free deal and a few other minor discounts I wouldn't have bothered! Hope it will be worth the painful wait.

Silv

Hi all,

I ordered my Fabia vRS this monday (14th March) from Lookers, Stockport. Was told its currently running at a maximum of 18 weeks for delivery; which means 18th July should be the very latest for me. I did spec it up alot - sat nav, climatronic air con, armrest, heated seats - and if it wasn't for the VAT free deal and a few other minor discounts I wouldn't have bothered! Hope it will be worth the painful wait.

Silv

mate at said why the long wait i said evythjnk that skoda are making whot cums out the factory is sold on most makes

he said 14 weeks it don't bother me i will save more money up ha ha pete

hi, getting bit worried about delivery delays etc.

ordered 1.2 (105) tsi elegance estate 29th Jan. got call from dealer saying build week 20 with delivery around 16th June. need car for drive from Scotland to s/w France 2nd July!! Anyone know a good hire company!!

Hmm, seems like you guys are better of then us in Sweden.

Ordered a fabia estate 105 DSG7 the 1th of october 2010. It haven't been delivered yet!

But i do know that the car has been in sweden for about three weeks now. I wonder what takes them so long. Only things for them to do is fitting mudflaps, electric engine and cabine heater, and that tow thingy (what's it called?) in the rear. Should'nt take more then a week?

Also, my mother ordered one with the same spec as mine the 20 february. Delivery date... Maybe in the beginning of august they told her.

How come they are able to deliever cars in the UK that much quicker then i sweden? Bigger market or something?

Hmm, seems like you guys are better of then us in Sweden.

Ordered a fabia estate 105 DSG7 the 1th of october 2010. It haven't been delivered yet!

But i do know that the car has been in sweden for about three weeks now. I wonder what takes them so long. Only things for them to do is fitting mudflaps, electric engine and cabine heater, and that tow thingy (what's it called?) in the rear. Should'nt take more then a week?

Also, my mother ordered one with the same spec as mine the 20 february. Delivery date... Maybe in the beginning of august they told her.

How come they are able to deliever cars in the UK that much quicker then i sweden? Bigger market or something?

All lead times for DSG are long and yours and the one quoted to your mother are typical.

Three weeks for fitting of cabin heater for engine and a couple of other items does seen long.

My car is now at the dealer and must have virtually rolled off the production line on to the transporter as arrived very quickly.

All lead times for DSG are long and yours and the one quoted to your mother are typical.

Three weeks for fitting of cabin heater for engine and a couple of other items does seen long.

My car is now at the dealer and must have virtually rolled off the production line on to the transporter as arrived very quickly.

Ordered (21 Feb 2011) Fabia Hatch SE 1.2TSi(105) + DSG plus extras. Build week (expected) :) given as week 20 = 16- 22 May with planned date for handover about 8 Jun

Ordered my Fabia GL2 about 2 weeks ago and still no build date. I know it seems they move around anyway but I'd at least like an idea of when its going to be ready. Guess I'll just have to be patient...

yeah me 2 thinking ill phone the dealer next week and see if theyve got any more news

Ordered an Elegance 105 DSG on 2 November, was given build week 11 (14 March) in January, had an e-mail on Thursday saying it had left the factory :) Should have it in 2-3 weeks.

Genuinely cannot believe the difference in order to delivery times people are experiencing. We ordered ours on 30th Jan, had a build date with delivery expected end of May early June and now dont. However there are people having ordered their car a long while after mine who are due to take delivery much sooner. I appreciate there are always going to be issues surrounding different models and body styles but surely there is an element of 1st come 1st serve in the system. From what I can tell there doesnt seem to be!

I'm new to the forum, but have a 5 year-old Fabia VRS and now a new baby so want to change to something bigger but not over the top (size-wise). So I have been seriously considering a new Roomster or Fabia VRS estate. VAT-free on both very attractive, but reading about all these delays is very offputting. Brand loyalty is one thing but I could do with a vehicle now for practical reasons, not in 4 to 6 months, especially as poor trade in offered on my VRS will be far worse then.

This is a shame, I want to stick with Skoda, but am seriously considering Zafira or C4 Picasso where some good deals also available on both and could benefit now.

Perhaps owner VAG is trying to suppress the success of its adopted child. It seems to be working, but I'm not in the market for any other VAG brand.

Simon

want to change to something bigger but not over the top
I am moving in the opposite direction from a Toyota Verso to a Roomster (so the quoted 4 month wait is no such an issue). I have always been put off the Zafira by the 2nd row bench seat which I see as a major failing in seating flexibility. Having just one child seat that needs removing every time you want to fold any part of the second row is not good design. I also looked at the C4 Picasso and having been a C4 hatch owner I think it is a lot of car for the money (but does depreciate quickly, if you want a good deal look at newcitroendeals.co.uk and get a dealer to match the prices). On paper the Verso has some of the smallest exterior dimensions for the available interior space, narrower than a C4 hatch, Pug 3008 and Mitsubishi ASX but still able to take 3 child seats in row 2 whilst the other cars can not.

Now I just have to see how long the Roomster actually takes to arrive :)

Edited by hertsnminds

I am moving in the opposite direction from a Toyota Verso to a Roomster (so the quoted 4 month wait is no such an issue). I have always been put off the Zafira by the 2nd row bench seat which I see as a major failing in seating flexibility. Having just one child seat that needs removing every time you want to fold any part of the second row is not good design. I also looked at the C4 Picasso and having been a C4 hatch owner I think it is a lot of car for the money (but does depreciate quickly, if you want a good deal look at newcitroendeals.co.uk and get a dealer to match the prices). On paper the Verso has some of the smallest exterior dimensions for the available interior space, narrower than a C4 hatch, Pug 3008 and Mitsubishi ASX but still able to take 3 child seats in row 2 whilst the other cars can not.

Now I just have to see how long the Roomster actually takes to arrive :)

Thanks. Good point about Zafira's bench seat. Hadn't appreciated that. I read that it's important to get good price on Citroen C4 mpv in order to offset heavy depreciation. I might yet talk to my Skoda dealer to get view on delivery times for Roomster or Fabia vrs estate. By the time I finish procrastinating, the wait might be over!

There seem to be a lot of poor souls waiting for a vrs (indeed its got its own thread). I've also seen the theories that diesels and dsg cars are slower to arrive.

I was just wondering if anybody has an idea of how the GL2 build times compare? I ordered mine 4th march and still haven't been given a build date (even though the dealer said he should be able to give an indication after 2 weeks or so. Are they coming through any quicker than the vrs models, does anybody know (or guess)?

There seem to be a lot of poor souls waiting for a vrs (indeed its got its own thread). I've also seen the theories that diesels and dsg cars are slower to arrive.

I was just wondering if anybody has an idea of how the GL2 build times compare? I ordered mine 4th march and still haven't been given a build date (even though the dealer said he should be able to give an indication after 2 weeks or so. Are they coming through any quicker than the vrs models, does anybody know (or guess)?

been waiting since jan 15 for a fabia se tsi dsg build week 21

was given but contact with skoda uk said nothing showing

so in my opinion an estate/dsg! is the longest wait

no wonder you dont see many estates

I got an update today, my vrs build date has been out back from week13 to week15 now with roughly a month between build and pick up at the dealers.

I got an update today, my vrs build date has been out back from week13 to week15 now with roughly a month between build and pick up at the dealers.

Exactly the same for me. Phoned Skoda direct. Was given a build week 15 which is 15th April apparently.

Edited by vulgatrendkill

been waiting since jan 15 for a fabia se tsi dsg build week 21

was given but contact with skoda uk said nothing showing

so in my opinion an estate/dsg! is the longest wait

no wonder you dont see many estates

Yes I gather estates seem to be slower. I've ordered a hatch, and the GL2s aren't dsg, but it is a diesel of course plus the fact the there are extra bits and bobs that make it differ from a standard Fabia. I'm seeing a lot about delays with vrs models but I wondered how this compares to delays with the Greenlines...

Given the lack of official information I think anecdotal evidence is the best I'm gonna get.

Ding, on 28 March 2011 - 13:30, said:

Exactly the same for me. Phoned Skoda direct. Was given a build week 15 which is 15th April apparently.

This post has been edited by vulgatrendkill: Today, 13:54

I also rang skoda direct. They are a hell of lot better than the dealers. Quick,polite and informed!