iOS 4.3

No Waiting

Me, yesterday evening, on an iPhone 3GS? Haven't noticed any changes yet apart from the change of font for Notes. I have put it back to what it was.

Haven't noticed any changes yet apart from the change of font for Notes. I have put it back to what it was.

iOS 4.3 Software Update

This update contains new features and improvements, including the following:

• Personal Hotspot*

- Share iPhone 4 mobile data connection with up to 5

devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth,

and 1 USB)

• iTunes Home Sharing

- Play music, films and TV shows from a shared iTunes

library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2)

• New AirPlay features**

- Play videos from the Photos app including the Camera

Roll album, iTunes previews, enabled third-party apps

and websites on Apple TV

- Play slideshows from Photos on Apple TV using

transitions available on Apple TV

• Faster Safari performance with Apple Nitro JavaScript

engine

• HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter***

- View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app,

Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote and enabled

third-party apps on an HDMI display

• Ping features

- Push notifications for comments and follow requests

- Post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing

screen

- Parental controls

• New Settings

- Messages setting for number of times to repeat an

alert

- iPad side switch setting to lock screen rotation or mute

audio notifications and sound effects

• Single-tap conference-call dialling with a pause to send

a passcode

• Bug fixes

Put it on the wife's iPhone4 earlier on and she's been using it ok since. Gonna see how much faster safari is over the weekend.

Still running 4.0.1 on my jailbreakme.com 3GS.... Have looked online today and a new 4.3 jailbreak is in development that should make a jailbroken phone as secure as an unjailbroken one if not more secure. Might have to update my 3GS when that one is released.

CLICKY

Cheers

Dave.

I`v just done this update. Well good, am using my netbook via my iphone as i type this. Will be handy for taking my non 3g ipad out with me now :thumbup:

Matt

So what was stopping you tether before then?? Couldn't you tether via the charging cable before??? If you read the note next to the hotspot info it says you will still be subject to operator tethering charges....

I never tethered before jailbreaking and now tether via wifi hotspot using MyWi4 so not sure how tethering was done officially before this update.

Cheers

Dave.

Not interested in the tethering option, just another way for the mobile operators to screw more money out of contract customers who already have unlimited data whilst giving free stuff to PAYG customers. I've got a 3 MiFi doodad for connecting my iPad, Netbook and iPhone when O2's signal is poor and lacking 3G - that'll be most of the time then...........

Web browsing is faster and more fluid before. Other than that, its a few little tweaks in the setup menus.

The big update will no doubt be iOS 5.x

So what was stopping you tether before then?? Couldn't you tether via the charging cable before??? If you read the note next to the hotspot info it says you will still be subject to operator tethering charges....

Never bothered on the netbook, could use USB i guess, but only just changed to a new tariff. Usb tethering isnt an option on iPad, no USB port. The netbook stays at home most of the time, but will be handy for the iPad on the move now.

Even more glad I moved to three now, "all you can east data" and they are cool with tethering while O2 have locked it out on their sim cards. :thumbup:

Matt

Never bothered on the netbook, could use USB i guess, but only just changed to a new tariff. Usb tethering isnt an option on iPad, no USB port. The netbook stays at home most of the time, but will be handy for the iPad on the move now.

Even more glad I moved to three now, "all you can east data" and they are cool with tethering while O2 have locked it out on their sim cards. :thumbup:

Matt

Ah got ya. I'm with o2 but tether via jailbreak as mentioned above so tariff isn't as issue etc...

Cheers

Dave.

Took around 40 minutes to download and then about another 5-10 minutes to install. That was on a 3meg-ish broadband connection.

Cheers

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated (required for my phone to sync with a Merc car kit) and now have 4.3.1. Phone seems faster than before, but of course I've now lost two of three very useful jailbreak programs such as LockCalendar and whichever one in is that allows you to switch wifi/3G/Bluetooth on and off quickly by swiping the top of the screen.