DSG7 faster in manual mode

Yeti-RS

I cant help but notice a big drop in power when flooring it from a standstill just as the gearbox changes to 2nd from 1st.

It makes the whole car move forwards as if the brakes were touched and it must add about 2 seconds to the 0-60 time.

No matter if i use D or S its always the same and actually twice before while doing this gearchange the gearbox seemed to miss 2nd and made a clonk noise and lost all power for about 2 seconds (like the power cut out and wasnt responding to throttle imput, no fault code shown on diagnostics both times?!) :S

But the gearbox performs perfectly almost all the time and i just had the software updated (still the same) i doubt Skoda taiwan would be interested in trying to solve the problem (i doubt they would know how).

So imagine how odd it is that yesterday i decided to give the car a proper thrashing in manual mode and discover that 1st to 2nd is as fast as lightning with no drop in power........ in a way this put my mind at ease as its obviously not a hardware fault but a software one.

Anyway has anybody else had the lag changing from 1st to 2nd or the weird clonk and loss of power when flooring it?.

:|

Edited by smellybumlove

I cant help but notice a big drop in power when flooring it from a standstill just as the gearbox changes to 2nd from 1st.

It makes the whole car move forwards as if the brakes were touched and it must add about 2 seconds to the 0-60 time.

No matter if i use D or S its always the same and actually twice before while doing this gearchange the gearbox seemed to miss 2nd and made a clonk noise and lost all power for about 2 seconds (like the power cut out and wasnt responding to throttle imput, no fault code shown on diagnostics both times?!) :S

But the gearbox performs perfectly almost all the time and i just had the software updated (still the same) i doubt Skoda taiwan would be interested in trying to solve the problem (i doubt they would know how).

So imagine how odd it is that yesterday i decided to give the car a proper thrashing in manual mode and discover that 1st to 2nd is as fast as lightning with no drop in power........ in a way this put my mind at ease as its obviously not a hardware fault but a software one.

Anyway has anybody else had the lag changing from 1st to 2nd or the weird clonk and loss of power when flooring it?.

:|

Hi smellybumlove

Sadly as the price of diesel continues to rise, I cannot afford to 'floor it' emoticon-0106-crying.gif

But I DO think its a bit quicker in 'S' mode if that answers your question.

Why is there ever any need to 'floor it'? Why do some drivers feel they have to display their (alleged) virility by overtaking everything in front of them and/or being fastest away from a standstill? Perhaps a few small blue pills would do the trick and put other road users and the environment in less peril.

Can't believe I have never noticed it before but you do have a rather odd username.

Unusual and rather unpleasant. A while ago several forum members asked the person concerned to change it - obviously without success.

Oh god, now i remember why i stopped posting :rofl:

The topic is about the DSG gearbox and my username can be taken in many different ways by PC people.

I like to think it means i love the homeless. ;)

Oh god, now i remember why i stopped posting :rofl:

The topic is about the DSG gearbox and my username can be taken in many different ways by PC people.

I like to think it means i love the homeless. ;)

Don't think anyone wants to stop hearing from you....but surely you must accept that the vast majority of English speaking people (well, those in the UK, at least) see the components of your username in three parts. That is to say 'smelly', which, according to my Collins Dictionary means :- 'having a nasty smell'. The second component is 'bum' which, according to the same source, means :- 'slang for buttocks or anus'. 'Love'..has a long definition but commences :- 'to have a great affection for a person or thing'. And, like it or not, it's difficult, for me at least, to put the three together and the conclusion isn't particularly pleasant.

I can't speak for those to whom you refer as 'PC' and indeed, am not really sure who they may, or may not, be. But nothing in your username would lead me to conclude you had sympathy for the homeless.

Anyway, what you call yourself is your business, as long as it doesn't offend. I always wince when I see it but am broadminded (or insensitive) enough not to go to the trouble of contacting the mods to complain, but I can see it could be seen as somewhat inappropriate by some.

As a Christian, I do find your use of the word 'god' [sic] as offensive....but that's just me. This is not the place to inflict my religious views on anyone here, beyond that brief mention.

Edited by oldstan

It is very easy to change one's profile name. Support the site and become a Freedom member and then you can change your profile name at will. And SBL I urge you please to do so. You might have other conotations to the name but to English first language speakers it really is offensive sorry.

It is very easy to change one's profile name. Support the site and become a Freedom member and then you can change your profile name at will. And SBL I urge you please to do so. You might have other conotations to the name but to English first language speakers it really is offensive sorry.

I hate all things "PC" but I still have a problem with your username. If you don't want to become a "Freedom Member" then just re-register under a different name and tell everybody who you are. SBL just has too many connotations. Why upset so much of Middle England when you obviously have a lot to contribute? If you are gay, fine. If you are straight, fine. No need to advertise either orientation on a motoring website. If it is just a joke then fine, but it's run its course.

I also think your user name is unusual, however, life is too short to be in any way concerned enough to make strange suggestions concerning its removal, I am not in the least bit offended by it. Just hope that I will not be castigated by all the people who do not like it.

Long live democracy, Freedom of Speech and an incurable sense of humour