Octavia SE 1.6 MPI 25% off

just picked mine up, only done a few miles, but i'm very pleased so far, its lovely to drive. not quite as much poke as my renault had, but no suprise there and its not an issue, its certainly still got enough poke for me

i'm liking the colour more than i thought i would too

imag0569.jpg

Edited by SAFC Demon
  • Like 1

just picked mine up, only done a few miles, but i'm very pleased so far, its lovely to drive. not quite as much poke as my renault had, but no suprise there and its not an issue, its certainly still got enough poke for me

i'm liking the colour more than i thought i would too

imag0569.jpg

Looks good, that colour was my next choice.

got mine (1.4tsi) well pleased... runs super smooth and v quiet, when i first got in the engine was on and i didnt even realise!!

got aqua blue in the end, and it was a good choice... i love everything about this car,

1 thing,,, there is a slight ringing/fast metallic rattling sound that seems to be coming from one rear disc brake? anyone have any ideas, car is 10mnths old..

many thanks to all

Is the 1.6mpi really as a good deal as it seems? i order a 1.2 se tsi dsg with met paint, cruise, auto mirror, rear parking,mdi, spare wheel,maxi dot and it came to a total of £14112.82

if you take away the options i could had the car for £12000

so for £1000 you get a much more effiecent engine!

1.6 MPI vs 1.2 TSI

Urban 28 mpg vs tsi 40 mpg

Extra Urban 49 mpg vs tsi 54 mpg

Combined 38 mpg vs tsi Combined 48 mpg

Road tax is

mpi £210 vs tsi £115

wouldnt take long to earn the difference back and you get a more techical advance engine just my though

Edited by tony2311

Is the 1.6mpi really as a good deal as it seems? i order a 1.2 se tsi dsg with met paint, cruise, auto mirror, rear parking,mdi, spare wheel,maxi dot and it came to a total of £14112.82

1.6 MPI vs 1.2 TSI

Road tax is

mpi £210 vs tsi £115

wouldnt take long to earn the difference back and you get a more techical advance engine just my though

Depends whether you want to wait or not, I could have had a TSI but would have had to wait 3-6 months for one to be built - the MPi was sitting in the showroom.

Yes I would have had the TSI had they been immidiately available but I wanted a car right away. I still reckon its a stonking deal at £10,999 OTR.

1.6 MPI vs 1.2 TSI

Road tax is

mpi £210 vs tsi £115

its probably a close run thing - i imagine theres a break-even point somewhere on better economy and reduced emissions/lower VED vs lower selling price.

in my case after the trouble we'd had with our old car we were desperate to buy brand new with known history (ie none!) and warranty etc... problem was we couldnt afford it. except with this 25% off deal we suddenly could - it was my absolute maximum tho, i didnt have another £1000 for the 1.2 Tsi

if all goes to plan we'll be looking to trade to a tsi or maybe back to diesel in a couple of years, but for now the MPi is the perfect car for me, i've had it a week and i'm very pleased with it

also as mentioned above, i got my car in just over 4 weeks, vs 4-6months for the tsi

Edited by SAFC Demon

Hello Friends,

I picked up my Anthracite Grey, OCtavia MPI SE Estate this afternoon.

I'm really pleased with it, having driven 80 miles this evening. Very impressed with the Skoda brand, the Octavia drives like a dream! :thumbup:

Frank.

• 2 weeks later...

hows everyone getting on with their mpg?

had mine 3 weeks today, done just over 600 miles and coming to the end of my second tank of fuel

the current tank is averaging 31.5 mpg. Now the majority of our miles are ferrying the kids to school and around the town in 30 zones etc, but to be honest i expected a bit better than what we are getting at the moment. closer to 35mpg would be nice

hopefully it'll improve when the engine is run in a bit more

in the meantime me and the wife are getting quite competitive trying to improve the mpg score on the trip computer, which is a bit of a sign of the times really!

still i've been out on my bike today, when i can have that much fun on two wheels i can afford to take it easy on 4 :D

hows everyone getting on with their mpg?

had mine 3 weeks today, done just over 600 miles and coming to the end of my second tank of fuel

the current tank is averaging 31.5 mpg. Now the majority of our miles are ferrying the kids to school and around the town in 30 zones etc, but to be honest i expected a bit better than what we are getting at the moment. closer to 35mpg would be nice

hopefully it'll improve when the engine is run in a bit more

in the meantime me and the wife are getting quite competitive trying to improve the mpg score on the trip computer, which is a bit of a sign of the times really!

still i've been out on my bike today, when i can have that much fun on two wheels i can afford to take it easy on 4 :D

Had mine 7 weeks and done 3,500 miles. Tried to work out the average mileage by filling the tank to the top each time and dividing the miles done by litres to fill up next time. If this is an accurate method I am getting about 10 miles to the litre which is about 45 mpg but this is a lot of motorway miles at a steady cruising speed of under 70mph (when I'm not stuck in a jam).

Had mine 7 weeks and done 3,500 miles. Tried to work out the average mileage by filling the tank to the top each time and dividing the miles done by litres to fill up next time. If this is an accurate method I am getting about 10 miles to the litre which is about 45 mpg but this is a lot of motorway miles at a steady cruising speed of under 70mph (when I'm not stuck in a jam).

it performs much better on the motorway for mpg, but in the time i've had mine, we've been from Darlington to leeds and back once, and its never left the town other than that.... looks like you do a fair few more miles than me

Hello Friends,

I've had my Octavia just over 2 weeks now, and I've yet to reach 400 miles in it. In 10 days time I'll be taking it for a trip to Cardiff, for its first M4 trip.

I'm a little annoyed at the way the trip computer works. Its set on the No.1 setting, I haven't changed anything yet on the dashboard. You start driving and it tells you you're doing 14mpg, then as the trip goes on, the numbers rise and settle around 36-40mpg, since as it's petrol, I don't really mind.

Because I tend to drive sensibly between 50-60mph and keep to the urban speed limits, it's a joy to see the figure reaching 45mpg.

I especially like the way I'm advised on when to change gear, and I love being able to drive in a 30mph limit, using 5th gear - that's cool!! I don't think my diesel Doblo could match that! :giggle:

Frank.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've also taken the plunge and bought one of these mpi estates to use as the day to day family hack/workhorse and keep the Fabia Monte for best.

My local dealer has sourced an Anthracite estate with the 17" wheels/sports suspension/satnav options. Also managed to negotiate a few more extras in addition so well happy and looking forward to it's arrival.

I know this thread is a bit long in the tooth now, but how is everyone getting on with their bargain octys?

I'm a little annoyed at the way the trip computer works. Its set on the No.1 setting, I haven't changed anything yet on the dashboard. You start driving and it tells you you're doing 14mpg, then as the trip goes on, the numbers rise and settle around 36-40mpg, since as it's petrol, I don't really mind.

Why do you find that annoying?

Well I've also taken the plunge and bought one of these mpi estates to use as the day to day family hack/workhorse and keep the Fabia Monte for best.

My local dealer has sourced an Anthracite estate with the 17" wheels/sports suspension/satnav options. Also managed to negotiate a few more extras in addition so well happy and looking forward to it's arrival.

I know this thread is a bit long in the tooth now, but how is everyone getting on with their bargain octys?

I've now done 5900 miles in 10 weeks. Everything still going well and wash it once a week. The large boot came in really handy when we bought 9 boxes of floor tiles from B&Q. About a week ago I started getting creaking noises from the dashboard around the glove box area so I tightened the screws (star drive) in the top of the glovebox and it sorted it straight away. No noises since.

im pretty sure its an 8v though i cant say i've investigated that far

1200 miles on mine now, its loosened up nicely and economy is improving etc

well pleased with it to be honest

Well, collected my MPI estate from the dealers after work and am very happy with it. It's got Amundsen SatNav and for info it came with 2 discs (European and UK) It has the sport suspension with 17" wheels and the ride is firm but not in anyway harsh. All in all, I doubt I would have found a loadlugger of a car anywhere else for the price. Will look at the engine tomorrow to confirm but I am pretty sure it is a 16valver. Think this is confirmed by the red 'I' in the MPI badge.

Here are a couple of pics

Octy1

Octy2

Octy3

nice looking car, like the wheels

still think the 1.6mpi is an 8v engine

1.6 MPI, 1595 cc 8v SOHC, 102 PS (75 kW; 101 bhp)

You may be correct. Skoda do 102 PS 1.6 MPI 8v SOHC and a 105 PS 1.6 MPI 16v SOHC. When googling this engine info, there doesn't seem to be a definate answer as some dealers advertise the car 102 PS and others say 105 PS. Either way, it was in my view a good purchase for a reliable everyday 'hack'

Thanks for the comments, glad I managed to get an estate with the 17" wheels :)

I've got 60 reg 1.6mpi as a loan car at the moment until my diesel scout arrives. I must say reasonably impressed with it, getting around 40 MPG driving on rural country roads and about 30 in town. But I can't get over how desperately it needs a 6th gear though!

Well, collected my MPI estate from the dealers after work and am very happy with it. It's got Amundsen SatNav and for info it came with 2 discs (European and UK) It has the sport suspension with 17" wheels and the ride is firm but not in anyway harsh. All in all, I doubt I would have found a loadlugger of a car anywhere else for the price. Will look at the engine tomorrow to confirm but I am pretty sure it is a 16valver. Think this is confirmed by the red 'I' in the MPI badge.

Lovely looking car, the wheels really set it apart. You got some good options on there - maxidot, sat nav etc, did you spec those or was it prebuilt that way? Im looking for some 17's for mine, just doens'nt look right on 15's. I have made one mod up to now - fitted front fogs, makes the front of the car look much better. Just need to get them wired up and coded in now so if anyone has a wiring diagram please get in touch.

Lovely looking car, the wheels really set it apart. You got some good options on there - maxidot, sat nav etc, did you spec those or was it prebuilt that way? Im looking for some 17's for mine, just doens'nt look right on 15's. I have made one mod up to now - fitted front fogs, makes the front of the car look much better. Just need to get them wired up and coded in now so if anyone has a wiring diagram please get in touch.

The car came from the factory like that, apparently the dealership secured 5 in total, each in a different colour. I also managed to secure quite a few other extras within the price, so overall I'm very happy.

To be honest, the 17" wheels swung it for me. I know what you mean about the fog lights but I must admit that I can't remember the last time I really had the need to switch them on in any of my previous cars! Would be nice if Skoda did a replacement corner grill with DRLs in, like the Octy VRS though :thumbup: