Beginning to wonder if owning a Wrc is any advantage ?

When I became the owner of my Wrc I was sooo chuffed and I love her , but it seems that when it comes down to brass tacks and I genuinely need to sell her befor I get laid off work even at 3k no one is even interested does that little badge actually make any difference ?? :'( I really would like her to go to a good home as she really is a stunning car that is admired everywhere she goes B) so guys an girls there we go a pointless thread but a gutted on many levels Frustration releaf :yes: Thank you :rofl:

Sign of the times i'm afraid, very high insurance costs and less than ideal mpg :(

Maybe if it was still stickered up and looked less like an ex cop car or taxi, it'll be worth more. Sorry i hate white cars and no offence is ment m8 just my honest opinon.

Guest westallc

the problem is not only is the market dead the wrc car itself was hardly a great special edition in the first place !!! now yours has 20 inch wheels and has no stickers it really is just an ex cop car/ taxi

so as it stands with the standard alloys on it really isnt worth anymore than the same vrs. as much as people crack on about it being a special edition it worth more are normally the owners of one lol

so as it stands with the standard alloys on it really isnt worth anymore than the same vrs. as much as people crack on about it being a special edition it worth more are normally the owners of one lol

It will be interesting to see what they are worth in a few years time. In the past, I've owned a few Capris. The 2.8i was one of my favourites and I've always fancied a Brooklands. The only difference was a nice set of wheels, a leather interior and some green paint - which had to be watered down according to Capri folklore as they hadn't made enough!

They go for stupid money now and really are not worth the extra cost in terms of raw materials, but the extra hundreds if not thousands seem to be due to two factors.

1. They didn't make a lot of them.

2. The people who owned them always demanded more than they were worth compared to the normal 2.8i.

Because this happened, the next one sold for a bit more, the next a bit more and before you know it we've got a ridiculously expensive Capri. I love 'em, but wouldn't pay what they ask for nowadays.

Maybe, just maybe in 20 years time, the WRC Octavia will be worth something. Who's willing to mothball one and see? :D

Can i ask how you present the for sale advert?

From my past experience, all my previous cars have sold within a day or two (my first car sold within an hour) to what i think was down to the advert. I included as many high res, close up photo's i could, also the work carried out by myself with the parts fitted etc.

Just a suggestion :), for all i know you could of allready done the above.

hope this helps, and good luck with the sale bud!

I know this has been covered off as a point already, but most buyers prefer a car that is unmolested and looks standard, especially if it is a special edition.

Some people like those wheels, but i reckon most buyers would not, and are then thinking ok, so this owner has these wheels on a special edition car, what other unusual mods or tinkering might they have carried out?

Even those who like to modify generally like to modify from standard, unless the mods already carried out are exactly what they wanted in the first place.

Other key point, when i buy i look in 3 places, ebay, autotrader and pistonheads. If you are not using at least 2 of these then you are limiting your potential buyers significantly. TBH putting on a post on a Skoda forum is mainly going to reach existing owners and a lot of VRS buyers will not have owned a Skoda previously, and so will not necessarily think of going to various Skoda 'for sale' forums.

Back to standard wheels and ebay, autotrader and pistonheads and that car will be gone in 7 days at a price of £2.5k+. good luck :thumbup:

Put the the standard alloys back on it. Looks like a Hot Wheels toy with the 20's on. People looking for special editions don't normally want a modded car.

Already is mate

As sead befor if it come all sticked up then someone looking for a Wrc would be looking for one with them.

Still a nice car.

Shame you need to sell it.

I would hold off till your piggy bank is dry.

You could sell befor and then land a good job and be gutted you sold it.

It will be interesting to see what they are worth in a few years time. In the past, I've owned a few Capris. The 2.8i was one of my favourites and I've always fancied a Brooklands. The only difference was a nice set of wheels, a leather interior and some green paint - which had to be watered down according to Capri folklore as they hadn't made enough!

They go for stupid money now and really are not worth the extra cost in terms of raw materials, but the extra hundreds if not thousands seem to be due to two factors.

1. They didn't make a lot of them.

2. The people who owned them always demanded more than they were worth compared to the normal 2.8i.

Because this happened, the next one sold for a bit more, the next a bit more and before you know it we've got a ridiculously expensive Capri. I love 'em, but wouldn't pay what they ask for nowadays.

Maybe, just maybe in 20 years time, the WRC Octavia will be worth something. Who's willing to mothball one and see? :D

Not to mention the immense hype that was around at the time of the Brooklands release. I think the final value appeared simply because the Capri always had a lot of fans (many whom had never owned one) and that the Brooklands was the very last of the Capri's. There's always more Skoda's. Let's face it, it's not exactly a revered car like the Capri is it?

Whilst the Capri had many detractors, it always had it's devout fanatics. My favourite that I had was my old '84 2.0S (The last of the S' before the tackier Lasers came in)

Whilst the 2.0's had ridiculously heavy steering, the feel of the power steering in the 2.8 was terrible. First time I drove mine I nearly threw it away off the INSIDE of a corner. :rofl:

I'd kill for a Mk I RS2600 right now.

As for the WRC, well, let's face it, it's not really that special is it. Except for the name. You're probably better off keeping quiet about the mods too.

I sympathise with the suggestion that you are being laid off, but your initial feeler ad suggested that the reason for sale was that SWMBO wouldn't drive it

That, coupled with the fact you haven't owned the car 5 minutes, might suggest to potential buyers that the car has issues

Just a thought

To get a more near asking price you are after you need to spend on getting stickers. These can be purchased from Skoda but by the time you do that you will have paid more than the extra you are asking for. There is a few places that make up a very good copy. I have seen a member on here use before.

The WRC is special because it is ltd edition and not beacause of any fancy performance or huge toys added. shame though.

It represents the change of a car manufacture becoming way more mainstream appealing to the market, and of course the WRC being entered into the rally world.

So most people if not every body seaking this type of car will want it as it was sold. The stickers represnt the difference to a normal VRS form a visual perspective. As mentioned no other part on the car are any different to a VRS apart from white wheels.

Your car has lost that appeal to poeple because of how it looks :'(

Add that to the fact folks are not as wealthy now and fuel prices to the mix, not a very good cocktail i am affraid.

In fact it is probably less appealing than a std VRS now due to it's police/taxi look. As folks know the VRS did not come in white so assume ex police.

sorry to say but true..

I would keep it , sticker it up and sell when the market may be better.

Or sell it pinching yourself badly with a reduced price....

other option is to really think about the add you use to sell , as someones metioned.

The add is the most important part. lay it on big time about the 100 edition and as they only made 100 you have the last one.. Also show a pic of a stickered up WRC and a real WRC rally one. Let the folks know what they could be getting. Not seen your add so apologise if this is what you did... :thumbup:

I sympathise with the suggestion that you are being laid off, but your initial feeler ad suggested that the reason for sale was that SWMBO wouldn't drive it

That, coupled with the fact you haven't owned the car 5 minutes, might suggest to potential buyers that the car has issues

Just a thought

Yep total poop timing all round really

I prefer them without stickers tbh, i couldnt imagine driving one all stickered up.

People dont realise its a 'special' and i think they look tacky as hell. You can get away with it on a classic or bug eye scoob, but an octavia...really?

Difficult.

I bought the WRC because it was there, and I was looking for something different.

Does seem as though 2.5K is about what they are worth. Which means mine has depreciated massively in 6 months.

Fortunately I don't need to sell and it is a second car so usage is low. What it is worth is not really an issue.

6 months ago normal Vrs' on 02/52 were circa 3-3.5K and other cars have dropped by similar amounts.

I think it is just the depression this country is in at the moment.

One sure fire thing is it will only go down in value, as petrol goes up. :S

Well after just havin had a load of japanese tourist takin pics of her I have decided one way or another she has to stay B) So thats it not for sale I am keeping her and goin to try to finish what I started job or no job why should I give up such a great car :no:

Well after just havin had a load of japanese tourist takin pics of her I have decided one way or another she has to stay B) So thats it not for sale I am keeping her and goin to try to finish what I started job or no job why should I give up such a great car :no:

Good on ya m8 get it as you want it and enjoy it. You could make it into a police car rep as it is the right colour lol :p