Fabia refurb underway, project 1.8T

Tech1e

Unit18 aren't charging me anything. I'm doing the job myself it's just Ali located me the donor car.

ahh misunderstood :p

u reckon Ali would take on engine swap? 1.4mpi - 1.8t

would love this to be a viable option for the future! besides engine cost no idea how much it wud cost!

Gave the Fabia its first proper clean this year, ended up using snow foam, two different polishes and two waxes. Also gave it a good scrub up inside, was a tip inside as my lad goes horse riding on Sundays so we normally end up bringing half the farm back with us.

27227e1b.jpg

7fb4d08b.jpg

Left my back seats at work as I needed more space for lugging tools around for this weekends work so can pop them in tomorrow before I start, think they are still clean..lol

• Like 1

Looking great Ross. Looking forward to the 1.8t :-) Bet that'll be fun.

Would a green grille surround not "fit" better? It might just be me but the black grille almost looks out of place with the green.

Other than that you've done an amazing job

• 1 month later...

Little update from the work today, it's a start.

25a6eaaa.jpg

86e213e6.jpg

And a short while later

73dc36fe.jpg

Now to strip it down and prune all the excess off that I don't need. Then clean it all up and start sourcing the parts I need.

• Like 3

b78ef820.jpg

Engine pruned down to something workable. Oddly enough despite being a 2001 model had a K03 turbo not an S but irrelevant as I'm goIng hybrid anyhow.

Just need to get it back home now so I can get it ready.

• Like 2

Should be about 250bhp ish, not going mental.

As for running gear, not sure what you mean. I will be using an 02J gearbox the same as the Octavia yes.

Sorry, ill be more specific, i meant in terms of driveshafts for instance, can you use the fabia ones or the octavia ones? Same cv joints? And also, what about mounts? Custom or oem ones?