Windscreen delamination

I've noticed that the windscreen on our 6 month old Scout is showing signs of what I guess is delamination, along the bottom edge on the driver's side.

How bad does this have to get before it's worth talking to the dealer about a replacement under warranty? I'm guessing there's a risk that the replacement might end up with things not being as neat and tidy as the original installation, and also the possibility of damage to the surrounding paintwork, etc.

On a secondary note: is there any chance that this is related the excessive condensation on the inside of the windscreen during the winter?

Mine has it all the way along but leaving it until its 3 years so I get a nice FOC windscreen!

On the last Octavia I got mine replaced under warranty at 2yrs old or so - main reason I didn't wait was the 1st owner must have had grit in his washers cos the screen was badly scored by the wipers. By time I part exed it 2 yrs later the replacement was showing signs of delaminating too.

I'm stupid what is delaminating?

Any pictures of it

Thanks

Both my screens went along the bottom edge. The edge of black border of the screen starts to turn milky white and it gradually creeps further and further up the screen.

I thought I could hold off replacing the windscreen on my wifes Renault Laguna before the Superb arrived, the delamination (parting of the glass layers) was no where as bad as that in the pictures. First harsh frost cracked the windscreen and using the car heaters to defog made the crack worse. End result new screen on the insurance for £50.

Still getting some frosts, so if this were to ahppen to me again while the car is under warrenty, I would be straight down the dealers demanding a new one. As for quality of repair, my Toyota screen was repaired when they repaired some corrosion round the screen under warrenty. The dealer mangled trim panel at the base of the screen and I refused to accept the car back until the repair was completed to the standard I expected.

My last octavia had 2 windscreens fitted under warranty due to delamination. Original screen replaced when car was one year old. Replacement had started to go after it had been in for a year, so that was replaced. The third current screen seems to be ok still after 2 years service. I understand Skoda will only replace the sreens under warranty if there's no damage and even a stone chip might mean they won't do it.

I have delamination from the year one on my Octy.

Now its 5th year and delamination is progressing slowly. Its only a thin line on the bottom of the windscreen.

Its still not so noticable so I am not planning to replace windscreen for few more years.

I didnt want to do it under warranty as I was afraid that dealer will do more damage than good.

I've noticed that the windscreen on our 6 month old Scout is showing signs of what I guess is delamination, along the bottom edge on the driver's side.

How bad does this have to get before it's worth talking to the dealer about a replacement under warranty? I'm guessing there's a risk that the replacement might end up with things not being as neat and tidy as the original installation, and also the possibility of damage to the surrounding paintwork, etc.

On a secondary note: is there any chance that this is related the excessive condensation on the inside of the windscreen during the winter?

I'm in exactly the same place. 6 months old and the idea of replacement worries me also.