Alloy Wheel size for Octavia VRS MKII

Hi I own a MK2 Octavia VRS 2008 2.0TFSI. I have just taken off my winter tyres (225/45/17) which are the same size as my summer tyres. The garage i brought the tyres off charged me 420pound balanced and fitted for the winter tyres (cooper snow master; which were excellent in the snow and cold weather). I stored the summer tyres in my shed. When i came back on thursday i was shocked to be told it wasnt free like agreed when i brought the tyres in October. So i was billed 42.50 to change from 4 winter back to 4 summer tyres with wheel change/balance. So now i am looking for a set of alloys to put my winter tyres on to avoid this 42.50 charge! I have been looking on ebay and have 3-4 shortlisted which are either VW / Audi wheel the 4 spoke ones. Obviously im sure ive read but cant find it what alloy wheels you need for the VRS. I have so far found them at 17" size alloy with 5 stud pattern. Now the question i need to find out... is that all i need to do obviously get 17" alloys and a 5 stud pattern. But is there anything else i need to check like rim width, offset?

Any help would be appreciated. I don't need to buy alloys with tyres on as i have these but if the alloys come with them im not fussed as can scrap tyres if there no good or sell on.

i live in west midlands about 15mile south of birmingham. If any one can help either with knowing someone who has some for sale or answer the above id appreciate it.

im not looking to pay 300 pound upwards as i only need alloys so around 100quid which i can find on ebay but unsure if just looking for 17" alloys and 5 stud pattern is enough?

Cheers Ryan

ok the seller said they were off an audi a4 2004 but thats all he knows so do think these will fit? cheers ryan

I recently got these off a 2003 Audi A4 7J x 16 PCD 112 ET45, I went for the 16's as the tyres will be cheaper and I think more effective as the tyre wall will be higher -

post-41023-0-39818200-1301214387_thumb.jpg

Paid £135 inc del, with 4 quality summer tyres, they fit the mk2 vRS perfect!

Cool where you just looking on eBay for a while? At the moment prices seem high for rims which need work and tyres. Ryan

Honestly????

I've been looking since November, and I got these wheels last month :o

I probably bid on 10 to 15 different sets but I wasn't prepared to go more than £150 for a set, wasn't bothered if they had tyres or not. Then after losing out on another set I was scanning through and saw the above for £110 buy it now with £25 postage, seemed to good to be true but I took the plunge. They arrived 2 days later and I was well pleased, ok the wheels aren't perfect but for winter's they are fine. I was more surprised at the tyres, Michelin Primacy HP 205/55/16 with between 5-6mm of tread on all of them. So now I can fit these while my Zeniths go in for some TLC. :thumbup:

If I was you, I would leave it a couple of months until the weather warms up, its like buying a convertible or a speed boat, if you do it out of season you are more likely to get a bargain!

One tip when buying, most state local pick up only, but Paisley Freight or Parcel2go will collect from the seller and deliver to any address in the UK for between 25-30 quid, all the seller has to do is wrap the wheels in a bin bag.

What cars are the A5 chassis that's the same as the vrs I can't remember ? Cheers Ryan

mk2 Audi A3, mk2 Seat Leon, mk5 Golf, but the choice of wheels is bigger, including A4, VW Caddy, T4, mk1 Ford Galaxy and some Mercs. As long as you get the PCD 112 and an ET of between 40-50 you can't go wrong. :thumbup:

Cool thanks for that! Really helpfull. Now I just need to search for some rims that I like are in a decent state. It's just hard eBay sellers arent including the pcd and et sizes which Is whyi wanted to know which other models in VAG range to find alloys.

vRS_Pagey do you think the alloys I listed earlier in the post will fit as all the eBay seller has told me is it's off 2004 Audi a4 and it's a 5stud. Else I'm buying something that isn't going to fit. Cheers Ryan.

Lol I'd just change the tabs from Audi to Skoda. The car is stamped as vw parts so I personally can't see any issue and it's only for using winter tyres. So if my insurance is going to charge for making my car safer then it's daft but I never phoned them last time when I had winter three on and I dont think I will this time. Cheers for the pointer though.

vRS_Pagey do you think the alloys I listed earlier in the post will fit as all the eBay seller has told me is it's off 2004 Audi a4 and it's a 5stud. Else I'm buying something that isn't going to fit. Cheers Ryan.

I would say there is a 100% chance they will fit, iirc the wheels I got were fitted to A4's as far back as 1997! And I am certain the sizes haven't changed in recent years.

Have you seen magic's link, all the info is there! The best if you are not sure and if you are close enough email the seller and ask if you can go and do a trial fit!

Smart wheels by the way, be interested to see some pic's if and when you get them on. :thumbup:

Yea it isnt close its In Yorkshire somewhere lol else he said come up to try them on. I'm sure they will fit I'm just trying make sure I dont have an expensive mistake lol. Yea I checked out both sites and they have both been very handy! I'll thanks you all when I'm at a PC and not using a moby lol. Ryan

Hi

I have just been cleaning the alloys before I put them back on when I remove the winter steelies next weekend.

The size stamped on the inside of them is 18 x 7.5J with offset of ET51. The PCD is 5 x 112.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by FatblokeVRS

I took the plunge and went for a set off a mk5 golf. The dimensions were 5x112 with et45 these will fit my mk2 octy vrs won't they? Picking them up Thursday. I ended up paying more as ones I four for £100 at car breakers were in a bad way these only have to wheels with curbing so could leave or get them touched up. I'll have to see what there like when I get them. There 10 spoke ones look real nice I think. I'll upload some pics when I have them. Ryan

I paid £145 knocked em Down from £180 with best offer lol started at £100 and went £120,£130, then £145 and the seller accepted :-) gotta go to Louth in Lincolnshire.

Nice work dude, yeah the MK5 Golf wheels are fine, decent price that, do have any pic's?

Have you asked the seller about a courier? As I mentioned before, if the seller is willing to bag them up, its about 28 quid via Parcel2go to colect from them and deliver to you, may be worth working out fuel costs to pick them up etc, although it is good to see them before you hand over the readies in case they are kak!! :thumbup:

Well I saw the photos on eBay of each wheel and they seemed ok. Two had curbing around part of the lip. The other two looked decent. I doubt they would be impresed if i turned up and then said there kak and walked lol?

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z469/Octavia_VRS/9f7bc6ad.jpg

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z469/Octavia_VRS/20c7d7e4.jpg

These shud work doin it from moby. Cheers ryan

Well I saw the photos on eBay of each wheel and they seemed ok. Two had curbing around part of the lip. The other two looked decent. I doubt they would be impresed if i turned up and then said there kak and walked lol?

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z469/Octavia_VRS/9f7bc6ad.jpg

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z469/Octavia_VRS/20c7d7e4.jpg

These shud work doin it from moby. Cheers ryan

Bl00dy 'ell mate, if I'm not mistaken they are the VW Vancouvers, you have done very well getting them for the price you did! :thumbup:

Are they 17"?