Colour HELP!

Ok,

Cars ordered,

Combi, 170 DSG, Elegance with everything, and I do mean everything thrown at it.

I can hardly wait but my problem is this. When I ordered the car I ordered Storm Blue. Lovely colour sorted. Then the dealer comes back to me and says, discontinued colour, the new blue is available but if you choose that it'll be a 20 week delivery from June! ARGH.

In my opinion, everything on the road these days is either silver black or white, so that leaves (in met finish) Rosso Brunello, Steel Grey, Latte is it? and Mocha.

I dont want the Light Latte, do like the Rosso but don't really want it, am not keen on the steel as its too much like silver and is not enough like anthracite, which leaves Mocha, which I thought was my choice.

Problem is, while I've seen hundreds of pictures of it I've not seen one in the flesh so I can bee 100%, can anyone help me here, I'm willing to travel, no dealer I've been to has a colour chip, let alone a car in that colour and I'm just worries I'm not going to like it.

My take is that its a dark greyish brown for want of a better description, my worry is its like the old BLMC Marina Brown.

Help me O-B-Wan, you're my only hope!

Cheers

Dave

Mocca is the worst color for photos. I haven't seen photo which describes it well. On most photos it looks like black, but it is very different in reality. I had same problem, and I have narrowed down to white, mocca and amethyst pruple. Than I have decided against white because I wanted beige interior, and beige doesn't look good in white cars. I've never seen Superb Mocca, but dealer showed me Yeti. On the sun it looked like it has some golden/brown tint, in shade it looked black. And it is the perfect match for beige leather.

But I have opted on the end for cover page Amethyst Purple. My friend had a theory that whole teams are working on color which will be primary for car model, and on premiere that will be featured color, and on the front of all brochures. And since it was in show room, I know what I will get so I didn't risk. But if I had chance to see Mocca Superb I am not sure that I would choose amethyst purple.

Mmm,

Forgot Amethyst, again, too much like silver, three shades of silver for the premier car theyve launched and all not much different from the other inreality. Silver, be it bright silver, dark silver of purpley silver. WTF.

Deffinitely need to see Mocha in the flesh, I'm wanting it to be as I described and most pics I've seen do lend it to look greyish brown with as you say that mild gold fleck but when dark almost black. Oh, and ive gone for ivory with wood so need to be a colour that'll complement that.

well, the hunt goes on....

Edited by Stumpi

Mmm,

Forgot Amethyst, again, too much like silver, three shades of silver for the premier car theyve launched and all not much different from the other inreality. Silver, be it bright silver, dark silver of purpley silver. WTF.

Deffinitely need to see Mocha in the flesh, I'm wanting it to be as I described and most pics I've seen do lend it to look greyish brown with as you say that mild gold fleck but when dark almost black. Oh, and ive gone for ivory with wood so need to be a colour that'll complement that.

well, the hunt goes on....

Whist I really love Rosso Brunello I am seriously struggling to keep it clean over the winter and the colour looks bad even after a short outing in the rain.

i cannot comment about the other colours except i have seen am Amethyst purple combi at a dealer near me and it looks quite good.

Whist I really love Rosso Brunello I am seriously struggling to keep it clean over the winter and the colour looks bad even after a short outing in the rain.

i cannot comment about the other colours except i have seen am Amethyst purple combi at a dealer near me and it looks quite good.

Amethyst Purple gets my vote... (surprise surpise :p )

Even though I'm looking after it... but not as much as some here (I try to wash it once a month - by han... of course!)

But I'd say Amethyst Purple is a long long way away from silver an it manages to hide the dirt & grime very well! I even sometimes think was it worth washing it! Its shinier but it doesn't "look significantly cleaner" if you know what I mean.

There is one bit that does get dirty & its got nothing to do with the colour... the door sills appear to collect all the rain & muddy bits :( it must be "blown" up when travelling and just collects there. Its annoying because when you step in & out the odds are that the back of your trousers will touch it & potentially look a mess! Not ideal if wearing a suit. However I must say that since the snow / ice / slush has disappeared the problem is less noticable.

Did I mention before.... don't get the ivory mats & consider also getting black carpets - Ivory get dirty very very easily :'(

Regards

Stef

I ordered mine in cappuccino having driven a demonstrator in that colour, it really suits the car and is, imo, more like a platinum or half way silver/gold.

I did ask my dealer about changing it once over and he said not to as the color really suits the car and hides dirt and dust very well!

For me one of the best combinations for the Superb is Mocca with Ivory (with black carpets) and Wood Decor. Perfect!

Yes, thats the combination I've opted for. I quite like the amethyst but it's just too like other silver greys about. I really do want it to look different to the std "herds" part of the reason I've gone for Superb in the first place so I'm not like the AudiBMFordVauxhall masses.

Does anyone have a Mocca I can look at in the flesh?

I'm driving up to Cheshire Monday and am in Bradford Tuesday if that helps..

Thanks for the replies guys..

MkII Combi 2.0 170CR Cappuccino / Ivory. Cappuccino does not show the dirt so much, which is just as well as the back is a dirt magnet. My Rosso Brunello needed continual cleaning to look decent.

One of the most important facts for me was how it handles dirt and door scratches. I didn't consider Rosso Brunello as I have something similar now:

Citroen%20C4.jpg

This was terrible choice for maintenance. Every single scratch is easily seen, because light lacquer appears as really visible white lines, and if it is deep it again goes to white primer. I guess it is with all darker colors. Dirt is same story, and it makes you car look so bad 10 miles after cleaning.

Cappuccino is the best color for dirt :) And all silverish colors are good for scratches. I was expecting white to be the best color for scratches, but actually they are more visible.

Originally opted for mocca brown, but decided to go with cappucino beige. Turned out that the yeti I loved in the show room was mato brown, instead as mocca brown. Was told that it was too late when I talked to the dealer, because the production slip at the factory was already written. Turned out when the car arrived that it was actually cappucino beige.

Love the color, and have never regretted it. Color looks vivid, and looks different depending on what light it`s in, from anthrasite gray to beige. It also gives the car a contemporary feel imo, and this was the reason I decided against the mocca brown.

Think the Mocca brown is an old vw passat color, and at least in Norway it was extremely popular when the passat 3c was introduced in 2006. Recon half of the passats sold in 2006 had that color, and made the color a bit played out in my opinion. My father in law had a passat in mocca, and theres also a superb in mocca where i live. In my opinion it looks great in pictures, but in real life it is way to dark.

Anyway, if you want to check out the mocca brown in real life, maybe it can be an idea to look for passats 2006 and on in mocca brown? Should be easier to come across than equally colored superbs, at least where I live.

Elias

The Amethyst Purple is nothing at all like silver, you have to see in the flesh to really appreaciate it. I have and it is a wonderful colour, like Cappucino Beige it does not show the dirt so much so it looks nicer for longer. In fact is really like a slightly darker version of Cappucino Beige which my old version 1 was.

I don't like cars that are common and the same applies to colours, there so many grey, silver, white, black and red cars around so I opted for the Amethyst, it it very distanctive but no so much so that your car could be picked out easily amongst from others, it oozes class in my opinion, just like the car itself does.

Specman

Edited by Specman

The Amethyst Purple is nothing at all like silver, you have to see in the flesh to really appreaciate it. I have and it is a wonderful colour, like Cappucino Beige it does not show the dirt so much so it looks nicer for longer. In fact is really like a slightly darker version of Cappucino Beige which my old version 1 was.

I don't like cars that are common and the same applies to colours, there so many grey, silver, white, black and red cars around so I opted for the Amethyst, it it very distanctive but no so much so that your car could be picked out easily amongst from others, it oozes class in my opinion, just like the car itself does.

Specman

+1

Specman

+1

Already said I like Amethyst-Purple (got one so I have too... but totally agree with these comments too :clap:

but don't tell everyone 'cos there aren't too many around & exclusivity is good! B)

Stef

Guys, I have ordered Amethyst Purple hoping that it will add something unique to Superb. Still waiting for car, but I am having problems explaining to friends how Amethyst Purple looks like. So each time I see Superb in this color, I show everyone "look, that is THE COLOR", hoping that everyone will finally see how great it is... and I always get almost same response "Which, that silver one?"... So I gave up at the end, and now it is silver even for me... but I think it does look nice and different from the pack...

I went for Mocca with ivory and wood, having not seen it (neither had the dealer) and was well happy with it when it arrived, the sales person at the dealer even phoned to say how good it looked!

SAM_0294.jpg

SAM_0348.jpg

pictures dont do it justice, I will be in Saffron Walden on Wednesday if you wanrt to take a look

Kensym,

Thanks for this, however I found one today Nr Manchester at a dealer and have nearly wet myself it's such a great colour.

Far better than I could have hoped.

Yes indeed it is Anthracite, in fact as was previously mentioned vw call it pearl mocca anthracite.

It's a stunning colour, very dark anthracite with a hint if godly brown in a classy way.

Have also gone ivory with wood but opted for the dark carpets to be safe.

YES! 15 weeks to go!!!

Have also gone ivory with wood but opted for the dark carpets to be safe.

YES! 15 weeks to go!!!

This is the same combination I went for too, Mocca Brown, Ivory Leather, Inox carpets, and Sunset glass on a 140hp 4x4 DSG combi. In fact there were only a few options I didn't add.

There was a Mocca Brown demo model in the showroom when I visited, and loved it. I've see one regularly on my way to work, and always like it...

I find that different colours suit the combi or hatch differently. Rosso is great on the sedan, but quite unsuited to the combi, IMO. The purpley colour is good on the combi, but not the other, etc.

But I can't wait for my car. It should be getting built this week - or at least that is the last I was told a few weeks ago. I think I'll call into the showroom this week to hassle them again.

If buildweek==thisweek, then I should have the car by mid-May. Plus approx 2 weeks to register it (new procedures in Belgium), so I should be driving around by the beginning of June. And one one of the first places I'll be heading is to Manchester to visit the sister...