My new Fabia Monte Carlo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This comparison between Monte and RS is getting silly. Both great for different reasons. The end.

I'm guessing that's the reason behind much of the fascination. Broadly speaking, one has the looks the other has the performance and many people on here think the flagship model should have both.

I'm guessing once the black pack becomes standard, then the comparisons will die down once and for all.

Theres one at my local dealer, next to a VRS and to be honest the VRS looks pants alongside the Monte.

Different story at the traffic lights though.

I think he meant that the pants of the VRS is all that you will see.

I dont think the Monte and vRS should be compared at all. The Monte in my opinion is just an SE with a bolt on body kit, different wheels and a more sporty interior. A good car but it's an interim sport model nothing more. I dont personally think it looks particularly clever in any other colour than black either, the contrast with the other colours is a bit MAX POWER.

The vRS is a proper bona-fide hot hatch, has its own unique body styling which looks great and is nicely understated, better wheel choices, stacks more power and DSG which it would appear you cant have with the Monte at all.

If I saw a monte and a vRS side by side in a car park, I know which one would be getting any sort of attention.

I also think the vRS black pack should be an option rather than standard fit, I'm concerned my car may end up with it and I might end up not liking it, annoying that its being enforced I think. Dont think theres alot wrong with the silver.

I'm with you on the black pack pipsyp, it should be an option. After all you have an option on external colour, if there are more than one you have an option on internal trim, if there is more than one you should have the option on external trim. I don't understand why it appears to be compulsory after a certain date. I have a white vRS estate on order and I'm desperately hoping that it is built before the pack becomes standard fit. The black looks ok on some colours but I really don't think it will look good on a white car with silver wheels. Obviously this is personal preference but I am getting on a bit and prefer my cars, well everything really, to be a little more understated.

Photo #6 - What does the badge say on the glovebox?

It is a warning about not using children seat because of the airbag :yes:

Thank you for all the nice comments about my car. The red Monte Carlo really get much attention from people i meet. The Fabia is known as a boring car for people that don't care about cars here in Norway, but this one is something else.

Ah! I see, does the importer in Norway put that there? Is it a legal requirement?

Yes, it is in Norwegian, and I think it is required.

Looks really smart. Not sure about the wheels tho -look really tiny especially with the black wheel arch mouldings....

Just out of interest how much does a Fab monte-carlo cost in Norway? I've heard rumours of ford focus's etc costing circa £50k with all the Norwegian tax..... :thumbdown:

Looks really smart. Not sure about the wheels tho -look really tiny especially with the black wheel arch mouldings....

Just out of interest how much does a Fab monte-carlo cost in Norway? I've heard rumours of ford focus's etc costing circa £50k with all the Norwegian tax..... :thumbdown:

About £25000 :whew:

Just ordered a white one with red int. Should be with me by the end of April.

Hmm, unless its already built and in the country how on earth could you have just ordered one and expect it to be here by the end of the month?

Hmm, unless its already built and in the country how on earth could you have just ordered one and expect it to be here by the end of the month?

Sorry, well not ex. just it was ordered on 16 March,it is one of my local dealers allocations.

Sorry, well not ex. just it was ordered on 16 March,it is one of my local dealers allocations.

Ah that explains it. Not that I'm touchy about people ordering after me and getting there's delivered first... ;)