Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

Finally have a build week of 23. Dealer reckons delivery mid to late June.

Ordered on 9th march.

Just heard from dealer, delayed to week 26 build. The Skoda ordering system strikes again!

Ordered a Monte Carlo Tech a couple of weeks ago, built last week and already in the uk, waiting for it to go through the checks before delivery to the garage. I'm hoping to collect it later this week or early next week

So much for the first week in June

Latest from $tealer is week beginning 10th June.

Ho Hum

But maybe first week in June after all.

Got a call yesterday to say car had arrived at Dealership.

Needs PDI but hoping to pick it up thursday if it's ready

SWMBO is excited!

I hope the Fabia is a good long distance traveller - we've made 4 trips to southern Spain in the Forfour :sun:

No worries on that front! My Elegance went to the Ile de Re last year, was a dream to drive. We're off to Provence in a couple of weeks, and will deffo dip the car's toes in the Med :) Well, perhaps not literally.

But maybe first week in June after all.

Got a call yesterday to say car had arrived at Dealership.

Needs PDI but hoping to pick it up thursday if it's ready

SWMBO is excited!

And it's here - or it was!

She's filled it up with petrol and she's away with it.

I expect she'll be back when it's empty!!

IMG_4871_zps2489f9f9.jpg

Just ordered my Fabia Monty Carlo Estate 1.6Tdi CR with the following specs:

Cruise control

climate control

Sat-Nav

Bluetooth

MFSW

Spare wheel

rear electric windows

parking sensors

3rd rear headrest

under seat storage

front centre armrest

Standard White paint, and interior

Told its going to be around 16 weeks.

Also been told i'm the first in the UK to place an order for the Monty Carlo Estate! (Apart from the dealership who's cars aren't even being built yet!)

Lets see how the system goes with getting my car made!

I have been told my car is at the docks in Germany and waiting in q for a boat! Any one got an idea of how long it takes from this point to delivery! I'm sick of waiting!

Hello. I'm new here. I placed the order for my new car on May 2nd. A Fabia Elegance 1.2 DSG in Corrida Red.

I've added a few options:-

Electric Sunroof, Electric rear windows, Sunset glass, MDI, Under seat storage boxes, Spare wheel and Elba wheels. I wanted a white roof but have been told this isn't possible. So I may have to see if the dealer can oblige once its delivered or get it done locally later.

On May 14th I was told that the build week for my car is 23 (1st week of June) so I'm hopeful of driving it in July. Fingers crossed.

This car will replace the Smart Forfour CDi Softouch which I've owned for 7 years and has now covered 106000 miles. This has been an excellent car and I'm hoping the Fabia is nearly as good. I hope the Fabia is a good long distance traveller - we've made 4 trips to southern Spain in the Forfour :sun:

I'll keep you informed on the progress.

I received the call today from the dealer. It sounds like mine may well be in the same queue as "thebeats19"s and waiting for a ship. The dealer thinks that they should have taken delivery by end of next week or the week after. Then the decision must be made as to whether we have the roof resprayed white. As the car will spend a good part of its life in Spain thought has been given to the fact that a light coloured roof won't retain heat.

Are there Corrida Red Fabias out there with white roofs? Perhaps you will share your thoughts or photos to help me decide.

Ordered a Fabia Hatch SE with a few extras on 13th May. Dealer gave me an estimated build week 25 (w/c 17th July), and that's exactly what's happened.

Best guess is ready to collect mid July which, at 8 weeks, is a couple of weeks sooner than I'd expected. Didn't think I'd be so excited about it...occupying most of my waking thoughts!!!

• Like 1

I must have struck lucky. Signed up for a car on Sunday afternoon and car arrived at the garage on theTuesday, ready for me to pick up tomorrow! Leaving pickup till Friday but not a bad turnaround at all!

:sun:

• Like 1

Ordered my pre-built fabia vrs on Saturday when the salesman told me the car was located at sheerness shipyard (could be wrong)? He told me the delivery time would be 10 days without a confirmed date, now I'm looming over the telephone like a praying mantis waiting for the call for either its actual delivery date or that it's been delivered!!!! Eeeeeeeeekk :-D

There had better be no delays, or someone's for the high jump!

• Like 2

Mine is a race blue vRS with dark chrome wheels. In fact I just got the call and I can likely collect it Monday :-D it will be at the dealers today but apparently still with shrink wrap on it. He asked if I wanted to go and see it, but I resisted the temptation and I'll just see it when I collect it. Super excited.

Like an excited little kid I've been reading about whether I should drive it a certain way for the first xxxx miles and what fuel I should put in it, and whether I can retrofit cruise control. Also checked out remaps but I think I'm just getting carried away.

Edited by Jay_booney
  • Like 1

lol at jay. Yes I've been looking at retrofitting the cruise control aswell. Anyway had any experience if this is worth doing?

I'm getting a White Monte Carlo Tech Diesel.

To be honest it's been a little too quick to be mega excited and I'm sorry to say that I'm just coming to terms with the fact I've bought a Skoda :think: . I know you're all skoda fans here but it's taken a bit of thought.

Having said that. I've sorted out the paperwork on my TT ready to hand it to the dealer tomorrow and am looking forward to my first drive in my sparkly car :rofl:

• Like 1

My family have had skoda fabias and octavias for years and never had anything to wrong apart from my fabia needed a new coolant temp sensor (which I fitted myself cos it was so easy). They really are super cars and the Monte Carlo is beautiful, I hope you love it to bits. You've basically bought a VW polo at a reduced price, with more extras and less of the snobbery factor ;-)

As for adding the cruise control, it seems a little bit involved and a little more expensive than having it fitted as factory standard, but there are kits available on the most popular auction website and how to guides. I would have selected it as an option but mine was pre-built. I'll see how I get on without it and gauge whether it's worth adding.

• Like 1

My family have had skoda fabias and octavias for years and never had anything to wrong apart from my fabia needed a new coolant temp sensor (which I fitted myself cos it was so easy). They really are super cars and the Monte Carlo is beautiful, I hope you love it to bits. You've basically bought a VW polo at a reduced price, with more extras and less of the snobbery factor ;-)

As for adding the cruise control, it seems a little bit involved and a little more expensive than having it fitted as factory standard, but there are kits available on the most popular auction website and how to guides. I would have selected it as an option but mine was pre-built. I'll see how I get on without it and gauge whether it's worth adding.

Yes that's what I was thinking. Drive the car for a while and see if it's worth fitting.

Getting quite excited now

Just got off the Phone with Skoda! My Car is being Built THIS WEEK!!!!  :happy:

Expected Delivery in 3 weeks!!  :rock:

Which is right on Schedule!, Thankfully before my current car needs it's next service and Road-Tax!

Just heard from dealer, delayed to week 26 build. The Skoda ordering system strikes again!

Car built last week, week 26 as promised. Showing as on its way to port in Germany.

Apparently my choice of 16" Noid wheels delayed producion according to the dealer. Hope they are worth the wait!!

I'd be pinging off the walls with excitement too if I had a VRS or Monte coming. The VRS sounds like it's amazingly fun do drive from all the feedback on here. I'm still so happy about getting a new car soon even though mine's a bit more ordinary. Hope you love em!!!

So, Tuesday I got my vRS... and I'm in love. It drives so beautifully and the DSG gearbox is silky smooth. However, when I arrived home and checked the paperwork, the dealer had put the incorrect reg plates on and I had to drive 15 miles back to the dealer to get the changed (Doh!) they also seemed to have short changed me on fuel X-(

The race blue colour is awesome and looks lustrous under most lighting conditions. Goes very nicely with the dark chrome wheels.

The performance is really good although I haven't thrashed it while it has less than about 1000 miles on the clock. I'm going to be good and keep the rpm down for a while... So no sport mode yet.

I have noticed a slight rattle coming from the passenger side... (I'll check the appropriate thread for ideas)

Overall I'm thrilled with the car, it's a stiff but precise drive and the bucket seats are very comfy. Still getting used to driving an auto, only a few lunges for a non-existent clutch...

Just ordered my Fabia Monty Carlo Estate 1.6Tdi CR with the following specs:

Cruise control

climate control

Sat-Nav

Bluetooth

MFSW

Spare wheel

rear electric windows

parking sensors

3rd rear headrest

under seat storage

front centre armrest

Standard White paint, and interior

Told its going to be around 16 weeks.

Also been told i'm the first in the UK to place an order for the Monty Carlo Estate! (Apart from the dealership who's cars aren't even being built yet!)

Lets see how the system goes with getting my car made!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got my build week yesterday, Week 34 (mid august) so delivery will be mid september.....bit of a wait but im sure its worth it in the end!