Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

I am afraid to say that my dealer has been hopeless for communication. I have had to chase for callbacks.

I know the delays are not the dealers fault, however they could at least ring whenever there is a change in the system.

I have had regular calls every 2 weeks on the dot from Vindis Cambridge. All until last week when my car went back again to week 47 from 44, guess they didn't want to tell me the bad news, as i am getting a bit impatient now. Ordered April 27th.

If you don't get updates, just call Skoda on 08457 745 745 and quote you order number. That's what i do now, as the build dates seem to change weekly. I am keeping an eye on it as i may want to add some more options, but am nervous about it pushing the build date back, however if it goes back by itself then i may aswell just do it.

I don't see any value whatsoever in being contacted regularly by the dealer when all they can say is "It's been moved back/ forward by a week" (when the build week changes so frequently anyway) or just to be told there is no news. I've emailed my dealership twice since ordering and they've responded within an hour or two to answer my questions. As it transpires my build week slot has apparently been brought forward two weeks... but there's no point me knowing that until it's actually confirmed.

Edited by Chadruharazzeb

I don't see any value whatsoever in being contacted regularly by the dealer when all they can say is "It's been moved back/ forward by a week"

buying a new car (well anything these days) is special and when your waiting as long as we have i think they need to make an effort to just let you know there doing all they can, even if that means nothing. would you buy a house and just wait for the then to tell you when its ready or would you ask questions?

up until the point of ordering they cant speak to you enough so why change once they have your deposit, oh yeah, they can then go onto the next customer

buying a new car (well anything these days) is special and when your waiting as long as we have i think they need to make an effort to just let you know there doing all they can, even if that means nothing. would you buy a house and just wait for the then to tell you when its ready or would you ask questions?

Each to their own I guess. If I was buying a house and I knew that the move date could change from day to day then no, I'd want to know when it was a definite, not a maybe.

I rang my dealer today to see where my car is. IT was at emden??? Docks 11 days ago. DEaler told me the system has been down for a few days so no dealer can track where cars are. Has anyone else rang today or heard this message? Or is my dealer fobbing me off???

I've now learned that my Fabia has a confirmed build date of week 39. It might be with my dealer by 17 October, all going well.

Would I recommend Skoda to a friend? . . on the basis of my experience so far, certainly not. I am looking forward to finally getting hold of the car and I hope it lives up to the claims.

I don't see any value whatsoever in being contacted regularly by the dealer when all they can say is "It's been moved back/ forward by a week" (when the build week changes so frequently anyway) or just to be told there is no news. I've emailed my dealership twice since ordering and they've responded within an hour or two to answer my questions. As it transpires my build week slot has apparently been brought forward two weeks... but there's no point me knowing that until it's actually confirmed.

I was originally told mine would be delivered end of May. It would have been polite to inform me that the projected time would not be made before this deadline actually passed.

I had to phone up asking for a callback from the salesmen 3 times before he eventually did phone me back just to tell me there was no build date set at all.

I have been extremely patient considering.

ordered Fabia 1.2 dsg estate 24/March/2011

rang Customer Services today,they confirmed being built this week,positive news at last.

last time I spoke with the dealer,they said that Skoda were sending two ships a week currently,anyone else heard this?

Well, I finally lost patience and cancelled the order after being told the car had been put back yet again (Ordered in early March, I'd be lucky to see it by Christmas). To be fair the dealer has been great, as for the manufacturer however that's an entirely different story. Sorry Skoda, you've just lost another customer due to your ridiculous build scheduling, it's a shame because it's great product. Meanwhile, I'm expecting to take delivery of a nice new VW Polo 1.2tsi next week, there is a real quality feel to the Polo but admittedly you don't seem to get as much for your money as the Fabia.

So long guys, best of luck for those sticking it out!

Only three weeks to go now until build week and I am filled with both excitement and dread. No idea what calamity can happen at this stage that would push it back into a next year collection. I just emailed the dealer to see if it's still on for Oct 17th birthday. :no:

I've been getting some vaguely good news for the past month or so now, but today I got proper good news.

I haven't posted before about my own order, but the whole story is as follows:

Ordered April 12th - Rallye green estate with nav and sensors, amongst other things. Given a date of "approximately 14 weeks".

Updated regularly by Farmers Leicester, when there was something to report. Heard in August that the build date was then week 50!!!

Then went back to week 48, then week 42.

Three weeks ago had a build date of week 39. Hadn't heard anything until today (now week 39), so I rang Farmers to confirm. Nice salesperson Andrea Neal said there was nothing to say otherwise on the system that morning, but she would check while I was on the phone. She came back on the phone to tell me that the car now had a chassis number, had been built and its status was now awaiting rail transportation to port. Happy days indeed. I said that I was now officially going to start getting excited.

After reading the reports recently (and this forum really has been a lifeline for the expectant owner) especially that lovely white stormtrooper estate that's appeared on here I've been itching to get hold of my car. Now I can finally see it!!!

Pooped into the Dealer last Thursday.

After ordering a vRS in the first week of April with an initial delivery of early August, then a delay to early October and yet another to late October it was confirmed the car should be on these shores mid-October.

Apparently Skoda have reduced leadtimes down to a couple of months but DSG-equipped cars are still subject to lengthy delivery times. Though it hasn't stopped Skoda posting record sales for the last couple of months.

Mine apparently is still on course for a week 42 build which, if it stays that way, will be two weeks earlier than the dealer initially estimated. This is excellent news but I'm not counting any chickens just yet. Dealer will ring me on Monday (two weeks ahead of build date) to confirm... or not.

Fingers crossed.

I waited 35 weeks and received a £300 voucher to spend at the dealers, which I will use towards servicing.

I could have had £300 of Marks and Spencer vouchers but I never go there.

how long did you have to wait for your voucher ?