Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

Progress!!! SUK called to say car will hopefully be built w/c 19/9/11 so should have it mid to late October - Spoke of £400 in M&S vouchers or accesories or servicing as compensation - Will update when I hear more...

Picking the car up later today - Just over 37 weeks from the date of the order - That doesn't seem so bad compared to some of the other people on here - WIll post again when I get my hands on it, just in case it's the wrong colour....

In case anyone is interested about what current lead times are just now, I spoke to dealer last week to see what the lead times are for order to delivery, and he quoted 5 months! :o

Hurray it's here! Almost 9 months to the day from ordering.

Racing blue with dark alloys, new black grille and darkened headlamp glass and DLRs(12 edition), MFSW + Bluetooth.

Worth the wait, drives great, looks great.

Dealer was most helpful and homoured agreed price, trade in and finance (plus compensation to come from Customer Services).

Photos and future comments to come.

Let's have fun!!

Skoda have just confirmed my vrs will be built next week, I nearly forgot id ordered it - only had a 9 month wait! Ordered 14th Feb. Hopefully just another 4 weeks to wait till its on the drive.

Edited by dickow

Picking the car up later today - Just over 37 weeks from the date of the order - That doesn't seem so bad compared to some of the other people on here - WIll post again when I get my hands on it, just in case it's the wrong colour....

Got it! All good! Gonna have to wait two months for the £400 of M&S vouchers though! Simply clever??? Simply delayed more like!!!

In case anyone is interested about what current lead times are just now, I spoke to dealer last week to see what the lead times are for order to delivery, and he quoted 5 months! :o

I hope that's wrong I ordered my Fabia vrs on 16-10-11 and the dealers said 8-12 weeks but said they have been quicker lately.It was not until I found this link that I started to worry :(

Got it! All good! Gonna have to wait two months for the £400 of M&S vouchers though! Simply clever??? Simply delayed more like!!!

Are you definitely getting £400? - I understood from Skoda Customer Services that £300 was the maximum!

I ordered Week 7, 17 February, and am still waiting.

Just had some good news (I think)I have been worried about all these delays so I phoned my dealers about the delivery time. I ordered it on the 16-10-11 and now they said i should have it in 3-4 weeks, that's only 5-6 weeks total. I just hope that's right.

Are you definitely getting £400? - I understood from Skoda Customer Services that £300 was the maximum!

I've just taken delivery of my new vRS. Prior to this I spoke to Skoda UK who confirmed I was eligble (as I had ordered at the start of April) for £300 of either Skoda or Marks & Spencer vouchers. This was verified by the supplying Dealer who had to approve the 'case' but nonetheless it will pay for two years servicing so I'm satifised with that.

Ordered my vrs at the start of Oct, originally told may get it by Christmas as the dealer had a pre booked build slot which could still be customised. Just checked the status and getting told build is now week 45, anyone know what that equates to? I figure it is either this week or next week, even dealer wasn't too sure! Hopefully get it by early Dec.

For info...

Went into the dealers today to order my Fabia Estate Greenline II.

They agreed a price only a little higher than the on-line broker, and I'm happy to pay a little more to support the local network.

Sat down and chose colour, extras, etc.

Waiting list 6 months plus!!

Dealer says "I'll just check Skoda stock to see if they have one in stock - very unlikely on this model".

He comes back 5 mins later.

"You're very lucky. There's one at the port, and it'll be here in 2 weeks. Arctic Green with maxidot. Do you want it?"

I bit his hand off. Had to pay extra for the metallic paint, but hey?

After all the trouble everyone else has had getting theirs, I almost feel guilty.

Should be here by 21st Nov.

So moral is - ask dealer to check the Skoda network. He says there are cancellations due to people giving up on the 6 month wait.

Dave

Ordered Fabia Greenline estate on 30 Jan 2011.

9 month wait, picked it up 29th Oct 2011

Red, maxi dot, rear sensors, set sun glass, free use of loan car for 6months, £300 M&S vouchers, 3 years free servicing (offer wasn't on when ordered the car) - can't complain.

I ordered Week 7, 17 February, and am still waiting.

I've been told £400 by both SUK and the dealer - Don't know if £300's the threshold for Fabias and £400 for Octavias perhaps?

So moral is - ask dealer to check the Skoda network
During my wait it turned out that some dealers had been "hiding" cars in the system. So there was one point when about 30 cars suddenly appeared from nowhere. They were all in the country just flagged as sold when they were not.

Ordered Wk41 (12/10/2011) from Skoda dealer in Darmstadt (Germany)

Production scheduled for Wk48

Delivery?

Skoda Fabia Estate Greenline

• metallic Lava (Petrol) Blue
  • Roof rails (not standard here)
  • Split rear seats (not standard here)
  • Maxi-dot computer (standard here)
  • Parking sensors
  • Sunset glass
  • Climate Control
  • Car mats ("free")
  • 15 litres of diesel (!)

Update: Production has been brought forward 2 weeks and is now scheduled for Week 46, with delivery 2-3 weeks later - i.e. 28 Nov to 9 Dec.

Edit: The car is now ready. I have finally ordered winter tyres and even have insurance sorted that would accept my wife's No Claims Bonus from the UK. But I'm not going to register the car or pick it up until the New Year.

Really have to get those winter wheels sorted now...

Edited by Igloo Vindaloo

My replacement VRS for my cancelled order (put back to week 8), has docked today in Sheerness - it was aboard the Thames Highway cargo ship.

Hopefully i will get to see it later this week and collect next week.

Rallye green VRS - black wheels, climatronic, rear electric windows, parking sensors, cruise control, armrest, storage boxes, glasses storage, rear headrest, heated front seats, safeguard paint protection.

Just had some good news (I think)I have been worried about all these delays so I phoned my dealers about the delivery time. I ordered it on the 16-10-11 and now they said i should have it in 3-4 weeks, that's only 5-6 weeks total. I just hope that's right.

Well I thought it was too good to be true, I just phoned to see if I would get the car for my birthday 28th Nov and have now been told the 3rd week in December.

I was told on 31-10-11 that it would be 3-4 weeks now it's nearer to 8 weeks.

I don't mind waiting but I wish they would not give a time that they know they can't keep.

Absolutely no idea where my car is. It was apparently built a fortnight ago but up to now I've no clue as to it's location on the earth or when I'll be getting it. My dealer has gone quiet for a week and has stopped responding to my emails. I don't feel any closer to getting it now it exists than I did three months ago.

Absolutely no idea where my car is. It was apparently built a fortnight ago but up to now I've no clue as to it's location on the earth or when I'll be getting it. My dealer has gone quiet for a week and has stopped responding to my emails. I don't feel any closer to getting it now it exists than I did three months ago.

If like me, you've got another few weeks yet. After almost 5 months the car was finally built. It has since sat at the docks in Germany for 2 weeks, 1 week on the boat and has now been sat at Grimsby docks (1 hour away) for a week, as of this afternoon still no sign of it, I was supposed to be picking it up tomorrow/Saturday!! Who knows where the hell it is?!? My wife says it doesn't really exist and someone has just been taking the **** for the past 6 months.

Hope you get yours soon!