VAG 170 PS Diesel Injector Failures - VOSA action

Hope you are right but inside

Honest John website in the 'Skoda What's bad' this is what you read at the bottom of the page :

All Vag models with the 2.0 tdi from around 2005 fitted with the Siemens injectors are subject to a recall.

Yes, it means all 2.0 TDi from around 2005 that also have Siemens injectors are subject to the recall. It does not mean all 2.0 TDi from 2005 have Siemens injectors! I know for a fact my PD140 has Bosch solenoid injectors.

JUst been for a quick spin in the Vrs after picking it up from the Stealers after having the Injectors replaced and so far so good.

It's a nicer tick over, car feels smoother when you put your foot down, more responsive, not noticed a rise in MPG but most of my jaunt was in traffic, I'll take it for a longer spin tomorrow. All in All pleased.

After the last dealer mess up I wouldn't expect anything less.....

Out of interest when did you have yours done? Mine was done on the 14th of December.

Mine were changed 27th September after going through vosa . Maybe yours are first under the recall?? No problems for me though..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

JUst been for a quick spin in the Vrs after picking it up from the Stealers after having the Injectors replaced and so far so good.

It's a nicer tick over, car feels smoother when you put your foot down, more responsive, not noticed a rise in MPG but most of my jaunt was in traffic, I'll take it for a longer spin tomorrow. All in All pleased.

After the last dealer mess up I wouldn't expect anything less.....

Where did you take it mate? I need to speak to you regarding DPF cleaner as I'm having problems.

Thought I'd report on mine since I had them done last month.

I've done over a 1000miles since having mine changed.

Car has now got better tickover and low down acceleration. Also my mpg has gone up around 3-5mpg over those miles compared to previous.

Where did you take it mate? I need to speak to you regarding DPF cleaner as I'm having problems.

Benfield in Harrogate did the work, they had the car all day and it was thre first one they had done so they took there time.

DPF Cleaner <<<<< Clicky

Since I tried it the Light has never come on and it regens every now and then. I think it works

Hello all,

I had my injectors done just before Christmas. Not noticed a change in performance, but have begun to experienced DPF issues.

Warning light has come on a couple of times, but i have managed to clear it by running the car on the motorway. Unfortunately it has come on this evening, quickly followed by glow plug warning, then engine management - the car is in 'limp mode'. Got the car booked it at a main dealer for tomorrow. Nightmare.

Anyhow, considering i did not experience DPF issues prior to the new injectors, what are my chances of Skoda UK covering the cost of sorting the car out? Mine is a 56 plate.

Any feedback much appreciated.

Send them the link to this thread to prove lots of others have experienced DPF issues as a direct result of the injector change.

They will try to convince you that the DPF fault is unrelated to the injector change. Your success in getting Skoda to cover the cost will be down to how determined you are.

Good luck.

mine has just done this aswell. dpf filter light on, as i was heading to motorway to warm up the dpf and start the regen the glow warning light started flashing and now left with 20% power :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Edited by miller

Update on post #628

Another 485 miles have passed without any problems. Most of this mileage has been shorter journeys or city driving with the longest being three 36 mile round trips mostly 'B' roads and country lanes. No issues seen with DPF light or regens just very smooth power delivery and excellent fuel consumption. The last 2 mornings cold starts have seen no issues in fact this morning drove away at -5deg after clearing the windows and 36 miles later arrived back home after an interesting journey on some icy country roads with an indicated 64mpg on readout - I could not ask for better!

I think this shows that if the injector change etc. is done well [many thanks Ross] it can give fantastic results.

I think that for those who have experienced problems it's not necessarily down to the way the injectors were fitted.

To me it is more likely that the improved performance of the new injectors is having a knock-on effect on other related components which then exposes any weaknesses.

I think that for those who have experienced problems it's not necessarily down to the way the injectors were fitted.

To me it is more likely that the improved performance of the new injectors is having a knock-on effect on other related components which then exposes any weaknesses.

Have you got your Wheels back yet Silver ?

Up to now mines flawless. (so far)

Picked it up this morning.

No joy :'(

They've had it three times now and still can't find a fault. To be honest I think they just keep hooking it up to the diagnostics in the hope of finding a fault code.

It's in again next week for its second turbo in as many weeks. If they can't find what’s causing the cold start issues I'll be on the phone to Skoda UK or taking it somewhere that employs mechanics rather than parts fitters.

Fancy swapping cars Goldfinger? :giggle:

mine has just done this aswell. dpf filter light on, as i was heading to motorway to warm up the dpf and start the regen the glow warning light started flashing and now left with 20% power :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Sorry to read this Miller!

Skoda dealer didnt get the chance to look at mine on Saturday, so awaiting feedback tomorrow. Did have a very interesting chat with Shark Performance. Considering removing DPF. Was worried about MOT implications, but have been reassured that no car they have removed DPF has experienced problems passing. With removal and remap in region of 700 quid and replacment 1000 + seems like a no brainer. Am i missing something (other than likely increase in insurance premium)?

Hi All

I also get my injectors replaced on 28 th December and since then I do have problem with DPF sounds bit different when is in 1 st stage of regen and is more often than use to be I put this down to ECU software upgrade is there any chance to put old software back on ECU ??

Hi All

I also get my injectors replaced on 28 th December and since then I do have problem with DPF sounds bit different when is in 1 st stage of regen and is more often than use to be I put this down to ECU software upgrade is there any chance to put old software back on ECU ??

Does the ECU have to be told that new Injectors have been fitted, i.e.:- different software??

Just to add to this and update my DPF problems..

Had the codes cleared at a DSB Bulwell(local indy) which allowed me to regen.

DPF was at 236% which had coil light and EML on

Within 10mins of regen the coil light dissaperead at 60% and at 10% the DPF light extinguished.

So in my case its thought that i did not regen it quickly enough when the DPF light first appeared.

It is interesting how quickly the DPF regens once the process is underway.

So.....regen as soon as you see the DPF light......the ECU showed mine was regen'ing every 5hours or 700km's prior to this. SO even of the DPF light isnt on it may be worth every 2nd tank of fuel to drive a constant 37mph with revs between 2k-2.5k for 5mins or more. Well thats going to be my plan of attack!

Edited by miller

Picked it up this morning.

No joy :'(

They've had it three times now and still can't find a fault. To be honest I think they just keep hooking it up to the diagnostics in the hope of finding a fault code.

It's in again next week for its second turbo in as many weeks. If they can't find what’s causing the cold start issues I'll be on the phone to Skoda UK or taking it somewhere that employs mechanics rather than parts fitters.

Fancy swapping cars Goldfinger? :giggle:

Cold starting, turbos going, is your oil getting pushed around as it should be?

Take it the oil not too thick/dirty which would cause harder cold starting.

Worth checking the oil filter and putting a new one in just to make sure it's not blocking up.

I have seen some where they've been a bit of a state when they've done about 10k miles, never mind the full 18.5k, but they were all a certain revision number and made in a certain country.

The other ones have been fine.

Certainly a DIY oil change with the right oil and a new filter (If you have a pela pump or similar) wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for the advice cheezemonkhai,

It's in tomorrow for the new turbo and for them to (attemept to) diagnose the cold starting.

It was last serviced at 33,000 miles in September and will be due again in a few months (43,000 miles).

I've suggested all sorts to them, battery, glow plugs, cam sensor, fuel filter, they just keep coming back to me saying they don't know.

They told me that they have rechecked the injectors and all is well. No fault codes either.

Got Skoda UK involved now. They are going to speak with the dealer to see if Skoda's technical support team can help.

I'll know more tomorrow night. Fingers still crossed :giggle:

Is this a recall or just a customer care letter to owners?

You need to go back a few pages as this has already been answered.

This is now an official recall. Assuming Skoda have you down as the owner on their database and your address is also up to date you should recieve a letter in the post.