VAG 170 PS Diesel Injector Failures - VOSA action

So glad I found this thread. I have a PD VRS estate 07 plate, gave Jewsons Skoda a ring in Oxford. No problem sir, they say, drop it in and we'l sort it. 2 days later, new injectors and wiring loom. Result!

So glad I found this thread. I have a PD VRS estate 07 plate, gave Jewsons Skoda a ring in Oxford. No problem sir, they say, drop it in and we'l sort it. 2 days later, new injectors and wiring loom. Result!

How's it driving since the new injectors are done? Mines booked in next Monday for the recall,

How's it driving since the new injectors are done? Mines booked in next Monday for the recall,

To be honest I cant feel any difference. They were only replaced as a precaution but were working perfectly well. On a side note the electronic stability control light has now come on so there's a big bill for the ABS module :os

just a quick one guys,iv just dropped the car in this morning for the recall on injectors,its a 2007 vrs tdi,anyway the garage rang me an hour later to tell me the car had one replaced before and they were only going to replace 3 as it has one new one fitted already,they also told me that the wiring loom needs replacing but i had to pay €89.00 for the new loom is this true?

just a quick one guys,iv just dropped the car in this morning for the recall on injectors,its a 2007 vrs tdi,anyway the garage rang me an hour later to tell me the car had one replaced before and they were only going to replace 3 as it has one new one fitted already,they also told me that the wiring loom needs replacing but i had to pay €89.00 for the new loom is this true?

Injectors and a loom are a recall so it should free, I'd also argue the fact that all 4 need to be changed not just three.

Ring Skoda Customer services and tell them your not happy

Injectors and a loom are a recall so it should free, I'd also argue the fact that all 4 need to be changed not just three.

Ring Skoda Customer services and tell them your not happy

they said it got a new injector last year so no need to replace the new one again,they said the loom had damage from the last injector change and needed to be replaced now but i had to pay for the loom,maybe they fitted a new loom last time but im not sure.

they said it got a new injector last year so no need to replace the new one again,they said the loom had damage from the last injector change and needed to be replaced now but i had to pay for the loom,maybe they fitted a new loom last time but im not sure.

Well it sounds to me like they damaged the loom when they fitted the one injector so they should replace it F O C and I'd still push for all the injectors to be replaced, then there all new together.

If it helps Phone Dan Latta in Skoda UK customer Services

08457 745 745. ( uk number )

Tell him your not happy

Well it sounds to me like they damaged the loom when they fitted the one injector so they should replace it F O C and I'd still push for all the injectors to be replaced, then there all new together.

If it helps Phone Dan Latta in Skoda UK customer Services

08457 745 745. ( uk number )

Tell him your not happy

im in ireland and they were onto skoda and were told if there was one replaced already ur not intitaled to an other new one,the new one has the same part number as the recall ones so thats how they noticed.they said in ireland the recall was for injectors only not the loom,im lost and iv to pick up the car in 2 hours.

I was led to believe that the looms would get damaged whilst fitting new injectors so they must be replaced FOC ( under the recall) regardless of how many were changed. Whats the point of fitting new stuff to old when it's a known problem

Maybe Skada UK is different to Skoda Ireland

Goldfinger is right, you need to speak to customer services at Skoda UK as soon as possible.

Your dealer is either misguided, misinformed, on the fiddle or all three.

The recall includes the loom. You shouldn't be paying for anything.

Recall does include the loom, no reason the old one should be damaged though. There is a special tool for removing the plugs on the injectors.

And to clarify the recall is to check the injectors and replace as required. If they already have the correct part numbered injectors because one or more has already been changed they do not need replacing again. Any injectors returned with the new part number get billed to the dealer, and I've been fitting the new style injectors for about a year now.

Recall does include the loom, no reason the old one should be damaged though. There is a special tool for removing the plugs on the injectors.

And to clarify the recall is to check the injectors and replace as required. If they already have the correct part numbered injectors because one or more has already been changed they do not need replacing again. Any injectors returned with the new part number get billed to the dealer, and I've been fitting the new style injectors for about a year now.

I was meaning that if all four were replaced at the same time as opposed to just three then they would be all the same, ie:- wear etc etc. to me that makes sense than fitting them in bits, if you see what I mean.

I looked into it with skoda and the car got a loom before so won't get an other one, they gave me great discount on service parts so I didn't mind paying for the loom.hopefully I have no cold start issues now :)

I was meaning that if all four were replaced at the same time as opposed to just three then they would be all the same, ie:- wear etc etc. to me that makes sense than fitting them in bits, if you see what I mean.

I know what you mean. But as they dont wear and the modified injectors are sorted then replacing a perfectly good injector isnt required.

I looked into it with skoda and the car got a loom before so won't get an other one, they gave me great discount on service parts so I didn't mind paying for the loom.hopefully I have no cold start issues now :)

Good news then, as long as you are happy, that's what counts in the end :thumbup:

If the injector change doesn't cure the cold starting issue (or like me and several others where it has actually made it worse - see linked thread) please update the thread below as I'm keen to get my problem sorted. Having others confirm they too are seeing the same issue adds weight to the concerns I am currently communicating back to Skoda UK.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/189502-cold-start-problems-with-a-pd-tdi-170/

Good news then, as long as you are happy, that's what counts in the end :thumbup:

If the injector change doesn't cure the cold starting issue (or like me and several others where it has actually made it worse - see linked thread) please update the thread below as I'm keen to get my problem sorted. Having others confirm they too are seeing the same issue adds weight to the concerns I am currently communicating back to Skoda UK.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/189502-cold-start-problems-with-a-pd-tdi-170/

I have not had any cold start issues , I just hope I don't now after the new injectors,only problems I'm having is dpf coming on every 2-3 weeks.

When ur dpf light comes on sometimes I have engine light come on too is this normal ?

http://briskoda.net/...h-a-pd-tdi-170/

Mine struggled a bit the other day but it was really cold but it fires up first turn.

Do you think it " IS " the Injectors Silver, They are not seared correctly?

Strange, some have problems some don't.......

I could nip into my dealers and ask a few questions for you ( I pass every day) about this but mine is the only Vrs thats had this work carried out there.................but mines fine..........[so far]

Mine struggled a bit the other day but it was really cold but it fires up first turn.

Strange, some have problems some don't.......

I could nip into my dealers and ask a few questions for you if you like about this but mine is the only Vrs thats had this work carried out there, but mines fine..........[so far]

I'm not sure if it matters but the mechanic that fitted mine also fitted new seal washers which he said is not on the recall but he fitted them for me anyway.

To be honest I don't know any more!

Did the problem get worse after the injectors were changed? Yes.

Was the problem there before and been made worse by the injector change? Possibly.

Is it actually the injectors causing the problem? Who knows!

I expect a slightly slower engine start in extreme temepratures but 3-4 seconds of cranking/spluttering isn't right.

The annoying thing is that there are others out there suffering this same issue.

After first fitting the new injectors they have been out on a number of different occasions to be checked and re-checked so I can only assume that they are happy that they are fitted and are working correctly. The saga continues!

Has anyone on here (sorry i haven't read all 38 pages!) had an issue with diesel leaking? Only one of swmbo's friend (so details are a little sketchy!) has a 2.0tdi golf (presume that it is a 105 or 140 as it isn't a GTD) and has been in for a recall and she states that it was leaking diesel slightly before it went in and now it is leaking more oil since the injectors have been changed?!

The dealer didn't seem to think it was an issue with her driving it until i told her that it was a major fire risk....a quick call to VW UK and it was recovered within 10mins of the call by the RAC to the dealer for further investigation.......So either they are covering themselves or they know something/spoken to the dealer and realised they've messed something up!

Thought i would post on here just to see if anyone has had diesel leak issues!

Has anyone on here (sorry i haven't read all 38 pages!) had an issue with diesel leaking? Only one of swmbo's friend (so details are a little sketchy!) has a 2.0tdi golf (presume that it is a 105 or 140 as it isn't a GTD) and has been in for a recall and she states that it was leaking diesel slightly before it went in and now it is leaking more oil since the injectors have been changed?!

The dealer didn't seem to think it was an issue with her driving it until i told her that it was a major fire risk....a quick call to VW UK and it was recovered within 10mins of the call by the RAC to the dealer for further investigation.......So either they are covering themselves or they know something/spoken to the dealer and realised they've messed something up!

Thought i would post on here just to see if anyone has had diesel leak issues!

If I remember someone one Briskoda said that the Oil in there engine was increasing due to diesel leaking in to the engine due to the injectors leaking diesel

I believe that the Injectors on a PD engine are bathed in oil so this may be the case

Worth a thought.