Whats missing from the boot?

I have a 2006 VRS Estate.

My boot has the spare wheel and a little polystyrene thing in it with the jack. What else should be in there?

Also inside the cubby hole on the left in the book, I presume there should be something as I have empty straps?

Does anyone have a photo of their boot with all the bits intact!?

Thanks

Sam

Hi Sam,

You will have gaps as some equipment is not required for the UK market. So the straps are for a fire extinuisher. Also we don't have to have a warning triangle etc...

In the Spare wheel set you should have a jack, spanner and alloy wheel adaptor. There is also a loop of wire for removing the wheel bolt caps, although there is a better option of a plastic set of tweasers on older cars.

One thing that did go AWOL a while ago was the hatch/door on the left handside cubby hole. Tesco's used to do a nice black felt boot tidy that is a good fit here so makes the car look finished (about £5 when I bought one last summer). Do a search for boot tidy.

I hope the above helps.

Simon

thanks Simon, any idea on part numbers and prices for the extinguisher, triangle and presumably a first aid kit? I dont like thinks which look missing :giggle:

Nope, as personally I would source them from somewhere else (cheaper). If you really want to go 100% OEM download the sales literature as a PDF from the skoda website. Follow the link below.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/GBR/Documents/Brochures/Accessories/accessories_octavia.pdf

Simon

Edited by SBirch

thanks Simon, any idea on part numbers and prices for the extinguisher, triangle and presumably a first aid kit? I dont like thinks which look missing :giggle:

The fire extinguisher that is supplied in Europe is there only to meet legal requirements, I doubt it would be useful in a fire. If you want a useful extinguisher buy a decent 2lt foam or 2kg powder one online and hope you never have to use it. The triangle and first aid kit are the same and, IMO, are even less useful.

If it's just for OCD purposes though, the Skoda accessories pricelist is your friend.

Just regarding the triangle, i had to buy one a few years back for driving in france, got a cheap one in halfords and it fits in no probs (never been used) :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

Both Ald and Lidl occasionally have European spec in car First Aid kits in store for about £6.00 or £7.00, both in a hard and soft case option, they exactly fit the recess on the right hand side of the boot where the webbing trap with a quick release clip is. They have about a 3 year shelf life and are very similar to many more expensive kits out there.

Or, from the Skoda accessories website: First Aid (hard pack) or First Aid Kit (soft pack)

Hope this helps, Ed.

Edited by Ed-Preston

So the straps are for a fire extinguisher

Simon

Thanks from me too, I always carry a fire extinguisher and, up until now it's sat quite nicely in the passenger door pocket but now sits even better where it's supposed to sit, plus it's left the inside space looking much tidier :thumbup:

• 10 months later...

My new 1.8TSi does not have a warning triangle I will buy one but does it fit in the two rubber straps below the boot lip, also I dont like the spare oil container velcroed to the boot side where will it fit without dripping.

With my new Octavia, I got a soft pack that fits nicely in the offside boot compartment with a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, high viz jacket, gloves and a kneeling mat and the strap holds it in place, also a warning triangle that fits in the other strap.

Also got another pack with, wash and polish liquids, glass cleaner, cloths, alloy wheel cleaner and wheel brush. :happy: :happy:

And........ a can of tyre repair gunk, :no: not that I want it with a full size steel spare wheel.

With my new Octavia, I got a soft pack that fits nicely in the offside boot compartment with a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, high viz jacket, gloves and a kneeling mat and the strap holds it in place, also a warning triangle that fits in the other strap.

Also got another pack with, wash and polish liquids, glass cleaner, cloths, alloy wheel cleaner and wheel brush. :happy: :happy:

And........ a can of tyre repair gunk, :no: not that I want it with a full size steel spare wheel.

any pics of this or the other kits that fit in the side gap in boot.

ps high vis vest if your darting about EU in most countries has to be within the reach of the driver from his seated position.

any pics of this or the other kits that fit in the side gap in boot.

ps high vis vest if your darting about EU in most countries has to be within the reach of the driver from his seated position.

Already have two high viz vests in door pocket, put them on before getting out of car, well in EU.

Offside: Emergency kit and warning triangle.

IMG_2303.jpg

Nearside: Spare ltr. of oil.

Deicer and jump leads also fit in

IMG_2302.jpg

Boot: Plastic tweezers to get covers of wheel studs, wheel stud lock socket, Jack and handle, towing eye.

IMG_2305.jpg

Already have two high viz vests in door pocket, put them on before getting out of car, well in EU.

Offside: Emergency kit and warning triangle.

IMG_2303.jpg

Nearside: Spare ltr. of oil.

Deicer and jump leads also fit in

IMG_2302.jpg

Boot: Plastic tweezers to get covers of wheel studs, wheel stud lock socket, Jack and handle, towing eye.

IMG_2305.jpg

Cheers for pics :( mine is a 2011 and its different I have no door on offside and my warning triangle goes in centre of boot where it opens.

Cheers for pics :( mine is a 2011 and its different I have no door on offside and my warning triangle goes in centre of boot where it opens.

That is because your is a hatchback, the warning triangle lays flat near your knees (when stood behind the car).

The layout in the estate is slightly different.

I got a triangle from Amazon and first aid kit from Boots - both of which fit well in the compartment. Don't think it's worth the money to get the 'official' first aid kit - most of the contents expires after a couple of years, so might as well get something better value and easy to replace.

I've also got a fire extinguisher, a litre of Castrol Edge and a towrope - being a Scout I like to be prepared.

Incidentally, changed my wheels back to the summer Proteus and Dunlop SP01s and was impressed with the quality of the jack and kit in general. My jack is marked as OEM for the Touran - don't know whether Scouts come with a different jack to normal.

Edited by London Les

That is because your is a hatchback, the warning triangle lays flat near your knees (when stood behind the car).

The layout in the estate is slightly different.

Yea just noticed that it was an estate in pics as you replied lol I feel less let down now!

Loads of this tese on fleabay - search for "VW First Aid Kit"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Safety-Kit-Warning-Triangle-First-Aid-Kit-Vest-/400282302991?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item5d32af3a0f

Warning triangle in a nice little purpose made hardcase which sits in the provided straps in the boot.

The sooner they make this standard kit along wiht a fire extinguisher in UK cars the better.

For the fire extinguisher try Lidl - they have them for £7 sometimes or try fleabay again

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-B-C-FIRE-EXTINGUISHER-POWDER-1KG-CAR-TAXI-BOAT-CARAVAN-MOTORHOME-WORK-HOME-NEW-/290682973448?pt=UK_Fire_Extinguishers&hash=item43ae0e2d08

I would also spring for one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-Q5-Q7-VW-SEAT-SKODA-AIR-COMPRESSOR-PUMP-3-5-BAR-/320873709303?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab5903ef7

Hope this helps :-)

PS: the bent bit of wire is for removing the sidelight bulbs in the facelift model...........