Latest on Mdi cable

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For that particular item I think he just sells full USB an iPod - though when you commit to buy, you have to message him to let him know.

I bought a full USB one for my USB stick

For that particular item I think he just sells full USB an iPod - though when you commit to buy, you have to message him to let him know.

I bought a full USB one for my USB stick

Nice one. I think I'll just buy one off him and see if I get one with the car and can always sell it. Can't be bothered with the hassle for the sake of £6.50 !

As above, the Dealer asked me which cable I'd like and they would order it in. Gone for Mini USB to use with a Seagate portable hard disc.

my dealer 1st tried to sell me one "thats extra, doesn't come with the car" and when I told him that was incorrect according to the brochure, he then said I need to speak to the lad on the parts desk. I did that and he said he "wouldn't go above the salesmans head to order one. you'll have to speak to your salesman." It may seem like a small thing but after spending out on a car, i'm furious they are still pushing that one! :wonder:

If you have paid for MDI as extra or its standard with the car then cable is free. You must make sure the dealer orders one with the car or he will have to ordered it after the event that normally takes a week or so.

My one was forgotten with the car (as suspected) but the dealer quite rightly said no its a free item as car has MDI so ordered the Ipod cable which he posted to me about 8 days later.

Anyone having any trouble refer the dealer back to the website or current brochures which list the cable as part of the MDI spec, just make sure maybe a week or two before your car arrives phone the dealer and confirm which cable you want - this should at least be with the car then.

Any dealers saying that its 'extra' are not making themselves look very good :thumbdown:

although I was adamant I knew what Ipod I had, he said "there are so many models, you need to bring it in so we can make sure we order the right cable for you." I said that not nessessary as I knew exactly down to model no. etc he cast that aside and refused until he sees what Ipod I have. as a result I won't have the cable for when I pick up the car......

Annoying, but ultimately, its just a blooming cable....

although I was adamant I knew what Ipod I had, he said "there are so many models, you need to bring it in so we can make sure we order the right cable for you." I said that not nessessary as I knew exactly down to model no. etc he cast that aside and refused until he sees what Ipod I have. as a result I won't have the cable for when I pick up the car......

Sorry to hear that but your dealer is being a total T++T. Surely he should order the standard Ipod Cable and it will fit fine. He is going out of his way to add a little bit of idiotics, which may slightly spoil the pick up of your new car.

I hope the rest of it goes fine for you.

finally a result! he admitted he was incorrect and a "standard" MDI has been ordered. I don't thik it was malicious, just maybe he wasn't quite up to speed on the spec. Anyway all sorted! Can't wait to drive it away! :rofl:B)

Which iPod you have will make zero difference as to what cable they order as all of the iDevices use an identical connector.

Although I suspect he may have been looking to see if it was a 1st or 2nd generation because if my memory serves me they dont support being controlled through the interface, although giving you a different cable wouldnt help that unless he planned on telling you to use the Aux in port.

Edit: Sorry the first and second generation ipods used a firewire interface however still did not have remote control support

Edited by LewJo

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my vRS yesterday :thumbup:

Even though I had already asked and been assured the cables where in stock, when I asked for mine I was told it comes direct from Skoda and now the car as been registered it will come direct to my house :wonder:

How do they know which cable I want? :doh:

phone call to Skoda UK me thinks

I agree with Ding - they are talking rubbish. I simply told the dealer I had an iPod touch (3rd gen) and he ordered me up the correct cable before I picked up the car last week. It works well, charging the ipod when the ignition is on. Sounds really good as well.

• 1 month later...

Haha, buyer 1, dealer Nil, just found out via this forum that our car should have come with the lead for the iPhone, phoned up The sales person at farmers skoda in Nottingham, he said they don't come with them, I said I'm sorry but I beg to differ he said nope deffo don't come with, we've sold loads of these cars but havent supplied any leads, I said try page 11 of your brochure under equipment supplied as standard (info off the forum lol) he went oh yeah erm leave it with me I will get one posted to u lol xxxx

1-0 for buyers rights

Nick

Haha, buyer 1, dealer Nil, just found out via this forum that our car should have come with the lead for the iPhone, phoned up The sales person at farmers skoda in Nottingham, he said they don't come with them, I said I'm sorry but I beg to differ he said nope deffo don't come with, we've sold loads of these cars but havent supplied any leads, I said try page 11 of your brochure under equipment supplied as standard (info off the forum lol) he went oh yeah erm leave it with me I will get one posted to u lol xxxx

1-0 for buyers rights

Nick

never got one with my car paid £30 i think

never got one with my car paid £30 i think

so did I.... they got the right one, though, and held them in stock :)

I got USB, and I've got a nice 250gig freeagent harddrive on it.. 100gig of music so far!

Edited by sharkrider

I asked if it came with it and I got one for free.

Does the ipod drain the car battery if you leave it plugged into the Mdi?

you could leave it plugged in for a weeks without it draining the battery.....

batterys are typically 300-500 W/H, that means average 400 watts for 1 hour, or 1 watt for 400 hours, an ipods would use maybe a few hundred milliwatts at most, so could be connected without the car running for weeks, easy...

put it this way, when i last went camping I took one of those "emergancy start" battery thingys with a 12V lighter socket to power things, without charging it all week, it charged our mobiles, ipods, and ran a 7inch colour screen DVD player and high wattage lamp for hours every night, and its about half what a car battery is in relation to storage capacity.... :thumbup: was about half charged after a week...

Edited by sharkrider