VRS Hatch rear mud flaps fitting

Got my mud flaps today in the post and wacked them on was putting it off most of the day having read a good bit on here about being best to take rear wheels off etc but I have freakishly large hands and I fitted both in 35 min blind start all screws back in their correct holes and the new one in place! I just used some pointy pliers to hold the mud flaps inner lip and pull in the direction of the hole to make sure it found it easily worked a treat!

Tools used = 1x T25 torx bit (no handle) and thin nosed pliers (used them to grip the T25 bit sideways too)

Love the mud flaps they should protect the back of the blue monster nicely have my long drive across 6 diff countries tomorrow PERFECT timing well pleased and for my next mod remap me thinks B) :p

Got my mud flaps today in the post and wacked them on was putting it off most of the day having read a good bit on here about being best to take rear wheels off etc but I have freakishly large hands and I fitted both in 35 min blind start all screws back in their correct holes and the new one in place! I just used some pointy pliers to hold the mud flaps inner lip and pull in the direction of the hole to make sure it found it easily worked a treat!

Tools used = 1x T25 torx bit (no handle) and thin nosed pliers (used them to grip the T25 bit sideways too)

Love the mud flaps they should protect the back of the blue monster nicely have my long drive across 6 diff countries tomorrow PERFECT timing well pleased and for my next mod remap me thinks B) :p

Sounds like a worth while purchase. As there not an option for the vRS I didnt think you could get any for it. Any chance of a pic & details of where to get them from. I must admit it's always nice to see you rear end clear of any muck, if you know what I mean.

Happy driving tomorrow. At least you can do it in style & comfort ! Enjoy

P.S. Nice car, I've got exactly the same model/colour on route from Germany as we speak, can't come quick enough 4me.

Edited by HWMBO - Mark

where is cheapest to order the mud flaps from?

cheers

I got them from some Skoda dealers in Mansfield selling via Ebay for £21.98 inc delivery the right gear SKODA parts and grabbed a touch up paint set for it too (its only a matter of time) they were very helpful and FAST!! here is their shop on Ebay The Skoda Parts Shop

and link for rear flaps Octavia II FL Hatch Rear Flaps

Sounds like a worth while purchase. As there not an option for the vRS I didnt think you could get any for it. Any chance of a pic & details of where to get them from. I must admit it's always nice to see you rear end clear of any muck, if you know what I mean.

Happy driving tomorrow. At least you can do it in style & comfort ! Enjoy

P.S. Nice car, I've got exactly the same model/colour on route from Germany as we speak, can't come quick enough 4me.

I asked dealer I got my car from 6 weeks ago ish to put mud flaps on all round got there he said they couldn't get rear ones on as they do not fit at all! I used to work in a main dealers and just about every car I PDI'ed wanted mud flaps (gurr) so I am used to it if a lil rusty but they are easy enough wheels off would make it easier to fit but ..... that involves taking wheels off and I am too lazy :p link above for where I got mine was cheaper than main dealers I got car from they wanted £60 for front and another £60 for back inc fitting .... :o

will get some pics on later if I can get them in the light !

Aye, the dealers need to quit this crap about them not fitting, they fit fine. I took my rear wheels off to fit mine, after the dealer told me they wouldn't fit. All done in about an hour.

sorry I forgot all been busy busy busy as close to a perfect fit as I got by just sticking them straight on but 1000 miles in a few days since I did it and they are still there inc 1 car wash :D

img20110513184028.jpg

img20110513184108.jpg

Ordered mine today from the Skoda parts shop, Kaj how are you finding the Uniroyal tires????

how much were they on there ?? im sure I saw them on there ages ago for same price I paid ish

I think Kaj may have got some 'Rallyflapz'. I went with these as I didn't think the Skoda ones, particularly the front, were big enough to do what it says on the tin. There's lots of c****y lanes around here and I wanted something to do the job. That said, the rears are rather large. What I didn't like at all were the stickers that came with them - Faj's are green, mine had red and chrome in them too. I used instead some brake calliper decals which imho tone them down a bit. Piccies in this thread.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/195629-march-yorkshire-meet-pics-thread/page__st__80

I got them from some Skoda dealers in Mansfield selling via Ebay for £21.98 inc delivery the right gear SKODA parts and grabbed a touch up paint set for it too (its only a matter of time) they were very helpful and FAST!! here is their shop on Ebay The Skoda Parts Shop

and link for rear flaps Octavia II FL Hatch Rear Flaps

I asked dealer I got my car from 6 weeks ago ish to put mud flaps on all round got there he said they couldn't get rear ones on as they do not fit at all! I used to work in a main dealers and just about every car I PDI'ed wanted mud flaps (gurr) so I am used to it if a lil rusty but they are easy enough wheels off would make it easier to fit but ..... that involves taking wheels off and I am too lazy :p link above for where I got mine was cheaper than main dealers I got car from they wanted £60 for front and another £60 for back inc fitting .... :o

will get some pics on later if I can get them in the light !

Just ordered some front and rears for mine seeing as they insist on laying this tarry grit down everywhere....My car is covered in tar!

Will let you know how i get on :thumbup:

Ordered mine today from the Skoda parts shop, Kaj how are you finding the Uniroyal tires????

Tyres are pretty good and had very good results on the EVO mag test. Get them from Camskill.

I think Kaj may have got some 'Rallyflapz'. I went with these as I didn't think the Skoda ones, particularly the front, were big enough to do what it says on the tin. There's lots of c****y lanes around here and I wanted something to do the job. That said, the rears are rather large. What I didn't like at all were the stickers that came with them - Faj's are green, mine had red and chrome in them too. I used instead some brake calliper decals which imho tone them down a bit. Piccies in this thread.

They are not 'Rallyflapz' mate. I bought pukka Kaylan material and made them myself using s/steel fastners and Rivnuts in the original hole posns on the rear and similarly on the front. Does the job perfectly.Protects the sills and doors from being sandblasted on our crumbling roads.

The Skoda ones are 3" short of being useful and look stupid IMHO.

They are not 'Rallyflapz' mate. I bought pukka Kaylan material and made them myself using s/steel fastners and Rivnuts in the original hole posns on the rear and similarly on the front. Does the job perfectly.Protects the sills and doors from being sandblasted on our crumbling roads.

The Skoda ones are 3" short of being useful and look stupid IMHO.

Apologies Kaj. They do look about the same shape. Certainly agree about their effectiveness compared to Skoda ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a sert with my car when I bought it new last October.. never got round to try fitting them but decided to have a look today.

Did not bother taking the wheels off.

Removed the three screws offered up the mudflap

started with the bottom screw and after a bit of wiggling around all 3 screws lined up and tightened perfectley

then added the 4th screw on the inner of the flap

perfect

Time ?? about 20 minutes emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted my rears today. The middle screws (out of the original 3) on both sides didn't line up with the holes so i just self tapped a hole into the flap to line up with the arch hole.

They don't fit perfectly as there are a couple of gaps on the outside where it moulds around the bumper. These hopefully will pass and ease off with time though.

But i can conirm that they do fit!

I took the wheels off as i had only got screwdriver attachments so couldn't get in with the wheel on! Got the fronts on fine with the wheel on though.

Fitted my rears today. The middle screws (out of the original 3) on both sides didn't line up with the holes so i just self tapped a hole into the flap to line up with the arch hole.

They don't fit perfectly as there are a couple of gaps on the outside where it moulds around the bumper. These hopefully will pass and ease off with time though.

I took the wheels off as i had only got screwdriver attachments so couldn't get in with the wheel on! Got the fronts on fine with the wheel on though.

Fitted rears to mine, but as you say some slight gaps, so used a bit of black silcone sealer from Screwfix to fill gaps.

post-61934-0-89918500-1308320643_thumb.jpg

Fitted rears to mine, but as you say some slight gaps, so used a bit of black silcone sealer from Screwfix to fill gaps.

Not too noticeable - i will see how they bed down before making a mess with silicone!

Nice one cheers for posting back as I said in mine with pics as close to perfect fit as I could get shows the lil gaps youve got too my gaps are still there 3000 miles later but I got that middle screw in by gripping the mud flap just above the hole with a leatherman and pulling it towards inside of wheel arch (back of it) making it sit over hole then put screw in a couple of turns let go and tightened up.

I am happy enough with the lil gap id rather that than not have them at all and its a close inspection thing to really notice it I very much doubt I will fill it with anything !!! JCB360 you've done a great job there but I have used that stuff before im not so neat so will leave it as is on mine great effort though :thumbup: