Black pack or nothing.......

Hi,

Original build week was 12 ( ordered on 15th Jan ) then as of 27th March was week 18. Now they say there is no build date but will be a MY12 car.

WE WANT CHROME WE WANT CHROME WE WANT

CHROME WE WANT CHROME ( PLASTIC ) ;)

Looks like your going to be disappointed as lots of stuff coming of as standard, Monte's and vrs will use the same bllack pack so no silver chrome, sorry lads

I've kicked up a stink because I'm not getting the black pack and mine is build week 21 (1 week shy or MY2012).

The dealer has been to SUK a few times and they can't do anything about it. I'm going to have to buy all the parts separately.

I will gladly swap the parts with someone who wants the chrome because I really don't!!

I've kicked up a stink because I'm not getting the black pack and mine is build week 21 (1 week shy or MY2012).

The dealer has been to SUK a few times and they can't do anything about it. I'm going to have to buy all the parts separately.

I will gladly swap the parts with someone who wants the chrome because I really don't!!

yeah, kinda in the same boat as you mate, dont think i will be getting the upgraded sat nav either :'(

yeah, kinda in the same boat as you mate, dont think i will be getting the upgraded sat nav either :'(

I'm very disappointed really. The car I have opted for is fully loaded with the exception of the Sunroof & Smokers pack. I'm having the Amundsen and all the other toys.

For the sake of one week I'm being royally shafted! The dealers try to blag that it was because I had the VAT offer which I have pointed out is BS because there are others that ordered upto the 31st March that are being built after this week and are getting the updated spec. Then I pointed out that that is not treating customers fairly, not is it treating them the same.

I'm really annoyed and am seriously considering cancelling my order because of it. I will end up with a car that is the 'old model' the week after it is brand new and, in my opinion, looks nowhere near as good as what the new one does. This brochure: http://www.skoda-auto.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/Catalogue/NewFabia/FL/20_FabiaRS_Catalogue_ENG.pdf has an image of what the new spec vRS looks like and it is lush!

From what I can gather the MY2012 model includes a Short Roof Whip Aerial and Black Pack (headlights, foglights & grille). The Amundsen+ Nav Unit appears to include Western & Central Europe pre-installed (points to a HDD being built in) and full 7 digit postcode recognition.

My generous dealer are now looking into costings of all the parts for me to see what they can do - brill, extra expense. Might just cancel and get my deposit back and leave them in schtuck with a fully loaded brand new vRS that won't actually be brand new and that they can't do the VAT free offer on.

Has nobody been told the same as me regarding the black pack? My dealer tells me with some conviction that if the car was MY11 with chrome when I ordered... (March 14th)... then that is what I will get regardless of the build week. I hope he's wrong mind as I have just seen the green with the BP and its niiiice :)

Has nobody been told the same as me regarding the black pack? My dealer tells me with some conviction that if the car was MY11 with chrome when I ordered... (March 14th)... then that is what I will get regardless of the build week. I hope he's wrong mind as I have just seen the green with the BP and its niiiice :)

I've been told by the dealer (and have read on here) that it's basically down to the 'build week' that the car is built on. Like I said, I ordered on 8th March and it was put through on the 10th and got 21 :( so I believe so with any luck you'll get the 2012 model - keep your fingers crossed and ask what week you've got. That said though, there seems to be no logic whatsoever between the dates that the cars were ordered and the dates they're due to be built on - some get theirs sooner than others.

I'm very disappointed really. The car I have opted for is fully loaded with the exception of the Sunroof & Smokers pack. I'm having the Amundsen and all the other toys.

For the sake of one week I'm being royally shafted! The dealers try to blag that it was because I had the VAT offer which I have pointed out is BS because there are others that ordered upto the 31st March that are being built after this week and are getting the updated spec. Then I pointed out that that is not treating customers fairly, not is it treating them the same.

I'm really annoyed and am seriously considering cancelling my order because of it. I will end up with a car that is the 'old model' the week after it is brand new and, in my opinion, looks nowhere near as good as what the new one does. This brochure: http://www.skoda-auto.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/Catalogue/NewFabia/FL/20_FabiaRS_Catalogue_ENG.pdf has an image of what the new spec vRS looks like and it is lush!

From what I can gather the MY2012 model includes a Short Roof Whip Aerial and Black Pack (headlights, foglights & grille). The Amundsen+ Nav Unit appears to include Western & Central Europe pre-installed (points to a HDD being built in) and full 7 digit postcode recognition.

My generous dealer are now looking into costings of all the parts for me to see what they can do - brill, extra expense. Might just cancel and get my deposit back and leave them in schtuck with a fully loaded brand new vRS that won't actually be brand new and that they can't do the VAT free offer on.

just had a look at the catalogue an imo i think the black pack actually looks prety decent which winds me up even more knowing im not getting the 2012 model :( youll have to let me knowwhat you do b3ats as will be interesting to see what the dealer offersd you

Dont know if this has any bearing in this thread, but I looked at a Monte Carlo in my dealers and noticed that it doesnt have a main beam bulb like my wife's Fabia, prefering the bi-halogen unit...There is merely a side light bulb where the main beam bulb goes in her car.

Her last car (Fabia Sport) had a bi-halogen unit and it was dreadful. Light scatter everywhere and despite upgrading to a brighter bulb, output was the worst Ive experienced in years!!

My car just arrived and is a week 18 build (MY 11), not particularly bothered its not a MY 12. VAG group always make changes like this so its to be expected and car looks decent black pack or not....fortunately think I prefer the chrome anyway.

At the end of the day we've saved 20% on the car, got a couple of freebees thrown in and have wangled 3 years free servicing. I certainly wouldnt have risked loosing that level of saving and free servicing just for the sake of the black pack, aerial and different badges.

In any case those that are worried about the Amundsen, you can get a firmware update to enable 7 digit postcode searches now, probably will come on the last of the MY 11 cars anyway. Given the car has MDI anyway its not a big deal having to leave an SD card in it for the maps is it?

Yesterday the Dealer confirmed my vRS will be a 2012 MY so will have the Black Pack and other slight revisions but I still haven't been given a build week.

I would love for my car to turn up with the Black Pack on it but it got built last week and I can guarentee that it won't have it. It's just one of those things. I might just see about getting the grill wrapped and price headlights from the Monte (if they fit that is). Either way, i've got a couple of other mods I quite fancy throwing on first (different aerial/bulbs for headlights and indicators etc.) and i'm sure when I'm sitting in the car, i'm not often going to see the grille anyways :D

Slightly confused on the PDF Vrs it says the Black Pack is "optional" I thought it was standard after Week 22?

As i understand, the black pack is standard in UK but an option in some European countries - that brochure being a Euro one.

just had a look at the catalogue an imo i think the black pack actually looks prety decent which winds me up even more knowing im not getting the 2012 model :( youll have to let me knowwhat you do b3ats as will be interesting to see what the dealer offersd you

The dealer has told me that they will supply me the parts for £150. The reckon that they come in about £300 at cost and are willing to throw in £150 towards the deal to make me happier. Cheeky sods want extra for fitting them though so they can get stuffed - I'll do it myself! They're also chucking in a set of mats too (that was another option that I didn't take) because they know that they'll be stuck with a car that they'll struggle to sell.

The dealer has told me that they will supply me the parts for £150. The reckon that they come in about £300 at cost and are willing to throw in £150 towards the deal to make me happier. Cheeky sods want extra for fitting them though so they can get stuffed - I'll do it myself! They're also chucking in a set of mats too (that was another option that I didn't take) because they know that they'll be stuck with a car that they'll struggle to sell.

is the £150 for grill and lights.

so what is the official stance on this from skoda going forward.

UK spec VRS's all include black pack (being headlights and grill)?

So if I order today, thats what I get? (in probably 4 months lol)

Ok... interesting, I like the black pack, but dont mind the chrome either, so its a win win for me.

looks like you got a very good deal there mate, wish my dealer would do the same. maybe its worth a phone call? if you dont mind me asking, what are you getting for the £150? is it the grill, lights an ariel?

looks like you got a very good deal there mate, wish my dealer would do the same. maybe its worth a phone call? if you dont mind me asking, what are you getting for the £150? is it the grill, lights an ariel?

the grill itself is £50 so if this dealer is giving you the light and antenna its a bargain

the grill itself is £50 so if this dealer is giving you the light and antenna its a bargain

2 weeks ago I ordered the two parts of the grill in black £70 all but a few pence, the top bit has come but the bit that goes round the grill is on back order.

I'm not sure if it includes the aerial but it's definitely the styling cues to make it look 'black' from the front (so lights and grille) but I will probably push for the aerial too - they're lucky I'm not going for the Amundsen+ too :p

I'll have been waiting about 3.25 months when I collect my car. I'm not sure what it is that's causing all the delays but it is a joke.

If you order today you will get the Black Pack and other MY2012 tweaks (whatever they may be). Skoda still haven't updated the brochure yet or even the website, which is very silly considering they know full well that build week 22 starts today and all new cars get it.