Forum Rants

Leodhasach

How about:

"Here's a really really cool pic of MY car to tide you over.".....or any other flippin excuse to post pics of their bloomin own car irrespective of the thread subject...!

Like this? :p

FabiaApril2011002.jpg

I'm sorry, had to be done :rofl:

How about:

"Here's a really really cool pic of MY car to tide you over.".....or any other flippin excuse to post pics of their bloomin own car irrespective of the thread subject...!

You think they'd just join the photo challenge.

Then they can post a picture of their car every few days! :D

One of my current gripes is when a newbie posts on the Introduce Yourself! sub forum with a genuine question for help (OK so it might not be the best place to ask a question) and a number of people reply with just "Welcome to Briskoda" I mean do they really need to increase their post count that much?? if you can't answer their question then don't post anything :wall:

You think they'd just join the photo challenge.

Then they can post a picture of their car every few days! :D

LOL......PMSL @ that :dull:

Mite go on that thread l8er :rofl:

Referring to dealers as stealers and their employees as monkeys grates on me.

Sadly many are 'stealers', and seem to rip punters off left, right & centre, especially if the customer happens to be female. They do not justify their over the top labour rates, and most have 'lack of customer service' departments with poorly trained staff. Ford dealers seem to be some of the worst for this, closely followed by Vauxhall and often cannot find faults even if highlighted with a 6ft neon sign!(just like the chimps in the engineering dept at work!) That has happened to me and members of my family, but then the car has been taken to a local 'back street mechanic' who found faults almost straight away, and repaired them for a fraction of what a main 'stealer' would charge. 2 big franchise dealers failed to find a fault with my dad's Fiesta's exhaust, which had been incorrectly fitted when the car was built, and was thunking on the underside of the car. Took the local indy garage less than 15 mins to sort, and cost my dad £25...Don't even think the Ford dealers bothered to even look at it to be honest, as they probably knew they wouldn't make any money on the job as the car was still under warranty.

Also parts prices are often rip offs, and identical parts in the part manufacturers boxes are often cheaper at local motor factors (Hella lights are a prime example). That is why they get called 'stealers'.

As always it's the minority on which opinions are based. The manufacturers have alot to do with the pricing structure at the dealers, they set the retail price for the parts, insist on a level of dealer standards for buildings, training, equipment and administrative procedures to such an extent that the dealer has to employ someone whose sole job is to ensure that the standards are complied with. All this has to be paid for, ultimately by the customer.

Also each department has to make a profit, the technicians want to earn a bonus which leads to no workshop freebies given away by the sales department and if a job looks too involved the technicians don't like it.

If you don't like the price quote from a dealer there are usually choices when having a car repaired, main dealer, independent or DIY.

Took the local indy garage less than 15 mins to sort, and cost my dad £25.

So he was happy to pay a pro rata hourly rate of £100 at a local independent and didn't feel ripped off?

So he was happy to pay a pro rata hourly rate of £100 at a local independent and didn't feel ripped off?

He probably felt more ripped off by having taken it to two 'official' dealers and coming away with the problem still there? :S

Sadly many are 'stealers', and seem to rip punters off left......

<snip>

As always it's the minority on which opinions are based. The manufacturers have......

<snip>

He probably felt more ripped off ......

<snip>

People who go off topic in threads about another subject? :D

Edited by sdenny

The overuse of the quote thing for me too. Especially quoting entire immediately previous post when a simple reply would suffice or an edit to quote just the part of a previous post you are referring to.

Not just here - see it on a lot of forums.

People who quote posts and don't reply to them at all, like the above.

Normally they write their reply in the next post, but I've just seen someone post the quote only, Totally pointless!

People who quote posts and don't reply to them at all, like the above.

Normally they write their reply in the next post, but I've just seen someone post the quote only, Totally pointless!

I agree with the whole of this quote.....drives me :@ !!!

How about people who reply to an answer in a thread but only say a little bit..eg then someone is wanting to know how to fix/remove/change something....the poster just says "yeah take that off, remove bit underneath and fit replacement".....when in reality its a bit more involved than that, and requires about 20 lines of descriptive dismantling. And because the poster doesn't do that, the person seeking the answer tries to follow the original short desciption and really FUBARS things....and is then on thread again back at square one!!! AAAGGGHHHH!!! :wall:

People who get "curbing" mixed up with "kerbing".

One is stopping/restraining something, one is hitting/catching a kerb.

Although perhaps hitting a kerb could be classed as stopping the car :wonder:

What about all the instances where the wrong spelling (or mis-spelling) of a word is used and it then totally transforms the meaning plus don't get me going about incorrect grammar. :S

Where - we're - were

Pair - pear - par - pare

Heat - eat

Feat -feet

There - they're - their

One - won

Bear - bare

To - too - two

Here's - (ears!) some more (sum moor) to digest.

Religion...

By which I mean:

Apple/Android/Vauxhall/Sony/Microsoft/Skoda/Vag/BMW/Audi/Tea/Coffee* etc are Brilliant/infallible/fantastic/the dog's etc

But

Apple/Android/Vauxhall/Sony/Microsoft/Skoda/Vag/BMW/Audi/Tea/Coffee* etc are rubbish/useless/dangerous/spawn of the devil etc.

*delete as applicable

Religion...

By which I mean:

Apple/Android/Vauxhall/Sony/Microsoft/Skoda/Vag/BMW/Audi/Tea/Coffee* etc are Brilliant/infallible/fantastic/the dog's etc

But

Apple/Android/Vauxhall/Sony/Microsoft/Skoda/Vag/BMW/Audi/Tea/Coffee* etc are rubbish/useless/dangerous/spawn of the devil etc.

*delete as applicable

You missed out Canon/Nikon :)

And I agree with all the above, especially people who ask what the orange light that came on on their dashboard means, because posting a question is SO much easier than finding and reading the manual. But I am one of the seemingly few people in the world who does actually read the owner's manual.

Phil

And I agree with all the above, especially people who ask what the orange light that came on their dashboard means, because posting a question is SO much easier than finding and reading the manual.

Phil, after carefully and completely reading through my manual, I can't seem to find any orange lights at all - let alone a dashboard.

Can you please solve my problem as I might want to have an orange light as well? ;)

Phil, after carefully and completely reading through my manual, I can't seem to find any orange lights at all - let alone a dashboard.

Can you please solve my problem as I might want to have an orange light as well? ;)

:rofl::rofl:

How about this type of post...

I'll tell you what I've got on my car...it's these round black rubber things....tyres.....I think????...what psi do I inflate them to and which type and size to I get????

Answer:

:swear: well do a search....look in the fuel filler cap or manual :swear::finger::wall::@

How did you get a driving licence???!!

:rofl::rofl:

How about this type of post...

I'll tell you what I've got on my car...it's these round black rubber things....tyres.....I think????...what psi do I inflate them to and which type and size to I get????

Answer:

:swear: well do a search....look in the fuel filler cap or manual :swear::finger::wall::@

How did you get a driving licence???!!

Harsh but fair :clap: :clap: