Boot Liner

andyspan

Hi, I'm looking to buy a boot liner/protector and wonder if any of you knowledgeable lot on here have come across a good one, I like the semi-rigid ones with the raised ledge around the edge. I would need it to fit the raised (spare wheel) floor. I've looked online but none seem to state what level floor they fit so I assume it is the standard low one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

I have the rubber boot liner (like the floor mats but fits the boot.

It's good but not a 100% perfect fit, but Kitten and I can live with that. :yes:

Hi

the rigid ones is for the non spare vehicle. The rubber mats fit the non spare one as well, but are a little big for the raised boot floor. The only mat that fits the spare wheel floor properly is the textile one.

I have no spare and the rubber one fits fine. Main use for the boot is to house the dog (I also have the Skoda dog guard fitted). Rubber liner great, easy to take out and hose down if dog is muddy when he jumps in.

I have the textile boot liner as I have a spare wheel and it fits great !

Likewise......or rather it did until I took out the raised floor bitemoticon-0136-giggle.gif now I use the rubber mat.

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to find a semi-rigid boot liner with raised edges suitable for spare wheel equipped Yeti on ebay, it costs £33.92 inc postage and sold by Towequipe. I await it's arrival with a little trepidation but hopefully be ok. Will let you know what it's like, perhaps someone has already got one and will shoot me down in flames :(

I have the Towequipe one too - not ultimate quality but does the job - came in a very useful polypropylene sack :thumbup:

You can relax, I think?

I have the Towequipe one too - not ultimate quality but does the job - came in a very useful polypropylene sack :thumbup:

You can relax, I think?

Aw thanks, makes me feel a lot better, I think!:) As long as it does the job that's fine with me

Aw thanks, makes me feel a lot better, I think!:) As long as it does the job that's fine with me

I bought one of these and I have to admit I took it to the tip (I didn't want to inflict it on another Yeti owner)!

If I'm correct, they have two types, one for the spare wheel and one for sans spare wheel, but it's not obvious which is which on the website.

I guess I bought the wrong one as it slid around the boot like Torville and Dean and I got into a silly argument with Towequipe.

Perhaps adding something grippy to the underside would improve matters (some 2" self-adhesive hook Velcro for instance).

Towequipe told me the Yeti comes with a choice of spare wheels; the full size and a skinny spare, which is ******** as far as I know.

I bought the Skoda rubber mat which is just dandy, although I would ideally like raised edges along the back and sides.

I hope your boot tray fits the bill :yes:

Well, the Towequipe boot liner turned up today and I must say my first impression was christ that looks cheap and nasty but after letting it regain it's shape (it's delivered rolled up) it started looking a lot better. I'm delighted to say it's fitted the boot like a glove so I'm well pleased. Overall not a bad buy.And as Merlinman said the sack it came in is a very useful size and will come in very handy for taking garden waste to the tip etc.:)

I ordered something from Towequipe via Amazon on Wednesday afternoon, and it was delivered Thursday morning LESS than 24hrs after the order was placed on the Amazon website. :yes:

Now THAT'S what I call service................. emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

http://www.boot-buddy.com/boot-liner-products.asp

This really look the business. It has a price to match, but I suspect you get what you pay for.

I am very tempted.

I'd make it non slip will the rolls of sticky rubber you can buy for as little £3-4.

I have used these successfully for several years in my Caddy van.

http://www.boot-budd...er-products.asp

This really look the business. It has a price to match, but I suspect you get what you pay for.

I am very tempted.

I'd make it non slip will the rolls of sticky rubber you can buy for as little £3-4.

I have used these successfully for several years in my Caddy van.

That looks interesting, as it looks like it protects my Gobi leather armrest/back of seat....emoticon-0148-yes.gif but at £100 almost emoticon-0149-no.gif

Mike

Fancy boot liners - what a load of tosh. Get a bin liner, split it down a seam and line your boot with that. Replace when soiled. I also bought from Lidl a liner carpet at £3.99 and cut to fit. ( I bought a second one just in case, a year in and it is still in its wrapping) During the winter my boot carries bags of coal and, for the whole year, rubbish bags and other messy items. I change my bin liner as needed.

A boot is a working space - get real out there.:doh:

Fancy boot liners - what a load of tosh. Get a bin liner, split it down a seam and line your boot with that. Replace when soiled. I also bought from Lidl a liner carpet at £3.99 and cut to fit. ( I bought a second one just in case, a year in and it is still in its wrapping) During the winter my boot carries bags of coal and, for the whole year, rubbish bags and other messy items. I change my bin liner as needed.

A boot is a working space - get real out there.:doh:

Rock on - alternative is a cheap tarpaulin cut to suitable size - lidl do em regularly for peanuts!

Rock on - alternative is a cheap tarpaulin cut to suitable size - lidl do em regularly for peanuts!

Oh hoh commohn!;) Yeah I thought of all the cheaper alternatives but I wanted it to look befitting of the car when opening the boot in public :) It will mostly get used for the weekly shop and with the raised edges it hopefully will contain any liquid spillages that may occur. I'll use the lovely sack it came in for the rubbish :thumbup:

Oh hoh commohn!;) Yeah I thought of all the cheaper alternatives but I wanted it to look befitting of the car when opening the boot in public :) It will mostly get used for the weekly shop and with the raised edges it hopefully will contain any liquid spillages that may occur. I'll use the lovely sack it came in for the rubbish :thumbup:

Poseur. Why do you want a boot that looks like a tart's boudoir? If you want a tray to contain any possible spillages, go to the nearest garden centre and buy a large potting tray.

Or is this a "Southern thing"?

Poseur. Why do you want a boot that looks like a tart's boudoir? If you want a tray to contain any possible spillages, go to the nearest garden centre and buy a large potting tray.

Or is this a "Southern thing"?

So what's wrong with a tart's boudoir? I would love to be in oneemoticon-0144-nod.gif Yes, I suppose it is a southern thing, we like to do things proper down ere, not like the ethens urp norfemoticon-0100-smile.gif

Be careful what you say about us up north sometimes we can get offended :giggle:

Classy boot liner embossed with 'Yeti' in the back of mine.

You have to remember (like us in Cumbria) that compatred to some your a Northerner, compared to others (especially if you're South of the Tyne) you might as well be a Cockney!

:giggle:........ :D :D...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: