VOTE for your favorite SMOC design

CFB

80 members have voted

1. 1. which design do you like best

• Number 1
    • Number 2
    • Number 3

hope nobody minds but we have to vote at some point and i think we've got there.

so, from the 3 options below, vote for your favourite and then we can ask the designer of the winning choice if they would be good enough to sort out cost and delivery etc.

many thanks to dds and aharrold

poll will close at midnight on friday 3/6/11

No 1 below

BRI_SMOC.png

No 2 below

smoc_foot.png

No 3 below

smoc_circle.png

Edited by YetiClive

Phew!......I knew that AV would come in handy.:giggle:

That's an interesting point ... are we going 'first past the post', in which case in theory 2/3 of us could get our least favourite design, or can we 'rank order' our choices so we get an AV type result. I've voted for Number 3, but would be almost equally happy with Number 2. I'd be significantly less keen on Number 1 (though I would accept it if that was the favourite overall).

Can I add my thanks to those (DDS anbd AHarrold) who have done all the hard work on mock ups (and put up with the criticism of their efforts by the rest of us).

That's an interesting point ... are we going 'first past the post', in which case in theory 2/3 of us could get our least favourite design, or can we 'rank order' our choices so we get an AV type result. I've voted for Number 3, but would be almost equally happy with Number 2. I'd be significantly less keen on Number 1 (though I would accept it if that was the favourite overall).

Can I add my thanks to those (DDS anbd AHarrold) who have done all the hard work on mock ups (and put up with the criticism of their efforts by the rest of us).

Maybe we should have another vote to decide the best voting system. :giggle:

Gives everyone a chance to use the "No to AV" posters again...

No problem. Hopefully between the two of us we have came up with a logo that we will all be proud to display.

When we finally see stickers on cars it'll make it all the criticism worthwhile. :giggle:

Not seen image No.1 before but very taken by it's Yeti like simplicity of line and font, so has my vote :thumbup:

Thanks to all the artists and others who have put time and effort into this, there all very good and is much appreciated :)

Regards,

TP

For those of us who have not been in on the design, is the grey background going to stay, or will it be transparent?

DDS said the grey areas will be transparent.

#1 from a graphic design standpoint - clean, simple and recognizeable. The other two have too many graphic elements and #3 tries unnecessarily to incorporate the Skoda emblem.

Edited by Agerbundsen

#1 from a graphic design standpoint - clean, simple and recognizeable. The other two have too many graphic elements and #3 tries unnecessarily to incorporate the Skoda emblem.

+ 1 totally agree, voted for number 1 myself. :-)

Would also look the best next to a boot mounted 'nurbergring' sticker :rofl:

Thanks for spending the time coming up with three great ideas. :thumbup:

They have all had a heck of a lot of work put into them for which we should all be grateful :thumbup:

No 1 for me but only by a whisker!

Since not the member of the SMOC yet, I did not vote.

In my personal opinion the third option seems feel better.

A small suggestion is to put the text on the outer circle to make printing size more compact.

;)

Regards

Edited by XueRen

I think No 1 has the most impact because of its simplicity. Also, it will look just as good on any body colour.

But, I think the "@" symbol looks strange. Can it be more like the symbol on keyboards and printers?

I think No 1 has the most impact because of its simplicity. Also, it will look just as good on any body colour.

But, I think the "@" symbol looks strange. Can it be more like the symbol on keyboards and printers?

Have a look at the briskoda.net logo at the top of the page.. :smirk:

Sorry, wrong again. I think the long, long wait for my Yeti (due in July, or so I am now told) is getting to me.

Just voted for number 1; I like the simplicity.

One aspect of this is that it will be easily produced in a variety of colours; black will be good for use as a 'boot' sticker on the bodywork or silver for use on rear (sunset privacy) windows.

Just voted for number 1; I like the simplicity.

One aspect of this is that it will be easily produced in a variety of colours; black will be good for use as a 'boot' sticker on the bodywork or silver for use on rear (sunset privacy) windows.

Design 1 would be available in 12 different colours. Black, White, Yellow, Soft Pink, Pink, Pastel Orange, Purple, Red, Light Green, Brilliant Blue, Silver Grey, Matte Black. Either internal window mounted or external paintwork mount.

Design 1 would be available in 12 different colours. Black, White, Yellow, Soft Pink, Pink, Pastel Orange, Purple, Red, Light Green, Brilliant Blue, Silver Grey, Matte Black. Either internal window mounted or external paintwork mount.

wow - 24 versions......

Designs 2 and 3 will be available in any colour you like.....as long as it's white & green! :rofl:

I wonder how many of those who've voted for 2 (which looks least popular) would go for 3 as their second choice?