Expedition Fender Flares

PALIMAN

The part number is 5L0071069 and it doesn't mention a different version for vehicles with or without Park Assist.

I can email you a PDF of the fitting instructions.

The part number is 5L0071069 and it doesn't mention a different version for vehicles with or without Park Assist.

I can email you a PDF of the fitting instructions.

Thanks James, a copy of the fitting instructions would be great. Only asking the question about park assist as the Superskoda site seems to imply it won't work with park assist equipped Yeti. I presume that the front piece must be different to cater for the parking sensor.

Hi, there are two types on sale on Super Skoda's website.

One is their own and the other is the Skoda part. Mine is fitted with the Skoda part and the main difference, as far as I can see, is that the front is seperated into two parts with the Skoda part and the Super Skoda's is one piece, it might be easier to fit, but I do not know.

You would need to buy glue kit from Skoda as well. I would recommend getting them fitted by dealer, as one of my front pieces fell off after 2 months and they replaced it.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/199296-oh-no-plastic-wheel-arch-fallen-off/page__p__2364513__hl__wheel+arches__fromsearch__1#entry2364513

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/186879-wheel-arches-fitted/page__st__20__p__2274183__hl__wheel+arches+fitted__fromsearch__1#entry2274183

As per what Rockhopper said, it would not fit Park Assist vehicles as the front sensors would be "blinded" by the arches, similarly, you cannot fit factory front mudflaps as the side is now wider.

Edited by My_Yeti

• 2 years later...

Hello folks, I need some glue for my flares , but can't find it anywhere, where can you get it ? ( I'm in Sweden ) or what kind of glue would do ? Thankful for any tips regarding the fitting of these "boys" as well.

Let me shed some light as I have them fitted on all arches.

To begin with,Superskoda had a much cheaper set (and yet of very good quality indeed, I have them fitted)and are no longer on sale.

So you can always opt for the cheaper sets,once located.

True,they all come without a hole drilled where the parking sensors are (one on each side at the front) but that can easily be overcome by drilling a hole yourself.

Also,if you want to install them you must give up the front mudflaps.I have only rear mudflaps fitted.

In all , they are great and give the Yeti a very distinctive look indeed.

As for adhesive,I have mine fitted with original black strips of VELCRO (sticky on both male and female sides) distributed in 5 or 6 points , each about an inch square, they are holding extremely well for over a year now,and as I check the hold from time to time-they seem to be holding even tighter!

Go ahead and get some flares.They look great ,in good taste,and wont make the Yeti look like a pimpmobile.On the contrary.

Edited by oriki
  • Like 1

Oriki, the cheaper ones are still available for sale at SSkoda (YET-FFEX-TP 139.99 Euro) these are made by K1-R and as far as I know these are not OME.Looks like SSkoda have dropped the official Skoda ones which were a lot more expensive. Correct me if I,m wrong as this is just an observation from their Site.

Tony

Oriki, the cheaper ones are still available for sale at SSkoda (YET-FFEX-TP 139.99 Euro) these are made by K1-R and as far as I know these are not OME.Looks like SSkoda have dropped the official Skoda ones which were a lot more expensive. Correct me if I,m wrong as this is just an observation from their Site.

Tony

Thanks Tony (manxskoda) for the update.For some reason or other I was under the impression

SSkoda stopped marketing them.

Im glad to hear they are still available.

Also,if you want to install them you must give up the front mudflaps.I have only rear mudflaps fitted.

I

If you remove the front mudflaps before fitting the arches the all you have to do after fitting is re-shape the flaps a little and refit them. That is what I did.

Norry

I suspect the hole you need to "drill" into the flares will have to be too big so that it is invisible to the parking measuring eye. That eye is NOT a parking distance sensor AFAIK but only functions to measure the parking space for the Park Assist. So if you cut a hole that is not big enough this eye will constantly "see" the flare and mess up the PA system... Cutting a bigger hole will mean there is little flare left - hence the flares are not PA compatible. Everyone always says "just make a hole for it" but I've yet to come across a single person that have actually done it.

Many people (in other threads) have said that with a bit of adjustment the mudflaps fit fine front and back if you fit them AFTER the flares.

I suspect the hole you need to "drill" into the flares will have to be too big so that it is invisible to the parking measuring eye. That eye is NOT a parking distance sensor AFAIK but only functions to measure the parking space for the Park Assist. So if you cut a hole that is not big enough this eye will constantly "see" the flare and mess up the PA system... Cutting a bigger hole will mean there is little flare left - hence the flares are not PA compatible. Everyone always says "just make a hole for it" but I've yet to come across a single person that have actually done it.

Many people (in other threads) have said that with a bit of adjustment the mudflaps fit fine front and back if you fit them AFTER the flares.

i HAVE DONE IT.

yOU SEEM TO BE OF A SUPICIOUS CHARACTER , JOHANN.

i HAVE DONE IT.

yOU SEEM TO BE OF A SUPICIOUS CHARACTER , JOHANN.

I stand corrected then. :rofl: And I imagine your PA still works? Any photos of how big this cut hole is?

I stand corrected then. :rofl: And I imagine your PA still works? Any photos of how big this cut hole is?

Park assist works perfectly.

Next time i go to my Yeti Ill post a pic on this thread.A bit later today. Hole drilled exact diameter of eye,possibly a small fraction larger,well see in the pic.

Edited by oriki

I went out and took these:

Thank you! Proof is in the pudding and now I believe it is possible. :giggle:

I forgot however that the eye will be body colour! LOL So you need to get two eyes from a BLACK Yeti! :giggle:

How did you "drill" the holes if I may ask?

I have a friend

Thank you! Proof is in the pudding and now I believe it is possible. :giggle:

I forgot however that the eye will be body colour! LOL So you need to get two eyes from a BLACK Yeti! :giggle:

How did you "drill" the holes if I may ask?

I have a friend who works with metals and he has a large standing drill in his workshop with drilling bits of all sizes.It took him a few minutes to drill the two front flares (Before being stuck on the bodywork,of course!)

I think it could be done by heating a piece of round piping and burning through the plastic,which is not very thick.

As for the colour of the eyes....not much can be done but it does not show unless one kneels down and checks.

Edited by oriki

I have a friendI have a friend who works with metals and he has a large standing drill in his workshop with drilling bits of all sizes.It took him a few minutes to drill the two front flares (Before being stuck on the bodywork,of course!)

I think it could be done by heating a piece of round piping and burning through the plastic,which is not very thick.

Ah, explains why it is so neatly chamfered.

Ah, explains why it is so neatly chamfered.

Johann, You can get a bit for a home drill anywhere.You probably know those "cup" bits with a serrated saw on the top and a small leader drill in the middle?

They come in all sizes and are moderately priced.That should do the job easily too , dont you think?

Johann, You can get a bit for a home drill anywhere.You probably know those "cup" bits with a serrated saw on the top and a small leader drill in the middle?

They come in all sizes and are moderately priced.That should do the job easily too , dont you think?

Yes I realise that! But I don't want these for my current Yeti. It is too dark for the contrast to work and have all this faff. It might be for a future white Yeti! :rofl:

Hello , I bought the original skoda ones from SuperSkoda and will give it a try with the Velcro , Only thing is during winter , as over here in Sweden it can be super cold and wet and maybe the Velcro can't handle it. We will see........

Thanks again for the replies....

Hello , I bought the original skoda ones from SuperSkoda and will give it a try with the Velcro , Only thing is during winter , as over here in Sweden it can be super cold and wet and maybe the Velcro can't handle it. We will see........

The velcro will hold well in any weather even extreme.Just make sure the surfaces are completely dry before you stick the velcro. Edited by oriki
  • Like 1

I've decided to to go with original Skoda ones, received a small parking ding on one of the arch rims recently, so these will hide it and add some further protection. I like the look also and figured the Skoda parts might be a better long term investment.

Bickerton Skoda offers a discount on these parts: YETI OFF ROAD WHEEL ARCH KIT 2010-2013 Item Number 5L0071069 £184.0. Adhesive HHA381014 (Quantity 3) £37.80. Primer HHA381016 £9.00. Total 230.85 if you are close enough to collect or add another £15.00 for shipping.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 16/06/2013 at 00:17, ken nothin said:

how did they hold ?