most pointless factory extra , which one

If I'd gone for the hatch I wouldn't have had the armrest. It normally gets in the way especially with fishing rods. But with it being and estate the rods fit easily and the armrest won't get in the way too much as it will either be changing gear itself or I'll be using the paddles.

Great thread Turbo Dezzel zz :thumbup:

I think it shows that it's good that manufacturers offer so many options on their cars so that you can tailor the car to suit your own personal needs or taste.

Most pointless for me are:

Smokers pack - I don't smoke and don't understand those that would in a new car :S

Third Headrest - I've got 2 kids and I don't think the fabia is big enough for three adults in the back (agree with pipsyp on this one)

Satellite Navigation - I already own a portable unit and so couldn't justify the cost.

I like heated seats as I have to get in the car at 5am for work in the winter, also SWMBO suffers from back pain and says the heat from heated seats really helps her :)

I like my armrest too and don't find it that obstructive, it does make the handbrake a little awkward, but with DSG and paddle shift its not a problem once on the move.

@javerhammer, wrong wrong wrong. centre headrests dont have the same level of adjustment as the outer ones, wouldnt protect an adults neck in an accident. Also I think youre scenario of someone becoming a paraplegic or dying after a rear end shunt like that is a bit overdramatic, yes they may get severe whiplash or if unlucky some sort of neck injury but dont think they'd end up dead or in a chair

Oh yes it does have the same level adjustment. In my car the third is exactly the same as the two others.

Maybe he wont be paralyzed, but he will suffer some serious pain afterwards...

To be honest I find the centre armrest fantastic. Sure, when I need to put my handbrake on I have to reach around it (which can grow tiresome) but overall it's very supportive and is much used - especially so now I don't have a manual gearbox to tinker with ;) .

Can heated seats be retrofitted to the standard VRS seats?

Should be doable, I can just speak off how the heating looks in a Volvo but it's only a 2mm thick foam-piece with wireing in it that heats up the seat.

Shouldn't be different on most other cars...

@javerhammer fair shout, headrest isnt as adjustable on my MK6 Golf or on our old Polo, perhaps Skoda do things differently just assumed being VAG group they'd be the same

To be honest I find the centre armrest fantastic. Sure, when I need to put my handbrake on I have to reach around it (which can grow tiresome) but overall it's very supportive and is much used - especially so now I don't have a manual gearbox to tinker with ;) .

Same here, i think the centre armrest is bob on.

TPM is a waste of money....

TPM is standard on vRS and i think this is one of the better options on the fabia for me the smoker`s pack is a waste of money

Reference the smokers pack, if you don't order it, do you still get a 12v socket for plugging in sat nav or other chargeable devices?

In the Golf do you have to lift the armrest each time you use the handbrake. I'm used to an armrest in the Megane and C4, but i haven't specced one in the Fabia.

Worst option for me is those silly boxes under the seats. They're free on the C4 and i've never known what they're for. I hate clutter in a car and don't even use the door pockets.

left it abit l8 , never lift the arm rest only to clean underneath lol

Oh yes it does have the same level adjustment. In my car the third is exactly the same as the two others.

Maybe he wont be paralyzed, but he will suffer some serious pain afterwards...

Save yourself a problem and make sure your mate in the middles a midget! :) ... or take someone elses car if your THAT worried about turning your mate into a cripple? :rofl: