Cost of Rear Discs & Pads

I need to repalce my rear discs and pads soon so emailed Skoda for the cost of rear discs and pads, the parts manager came back with £67.25 (including vat and discount), apparently they should cost £90!. It seems overly expensive for the rears, I had thought they'd cost about £40 max. My dad just replaced the rear discs and pads on a 1.2 polo (02 plate) and it only cost him £30 from a local stockist, are the vRS rear brakes the same set up or is the price actually genuine?

Cheers

http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=96

http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=360

A Bit more realistic!

You could get them cheaper still!

We changed the brakes on my uncles Allroad on Saturday, Parts sourced from TPS, Fr. pads were Pagids the rears were TRW's!

I need to repalce my rear discs and pads soon so emailed Skoda for the cost of rear discs and pads, the parts manager came back with £67.25 (including vat and discount), apparently they should cost £90!. It seems overly expensive for the rears, I had thought they'd cost about £40 max. My dad just replaced the rear discs and pads on a 1.2 polo (02 plate) and it only cost him £30 from a local stockist, are the vRS rear brakes the same set up or is the price actually genuine?

Cheers

Jorily has an OEM disc and pad set (by Febi) for £45. Carriage might be another £10 on top though.

http://www.jorily.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=823

J.

I hope the boxes had the Mintex hologram seal, some really dodgy brake parts parts on Flea Bay

My uncle bought a full set of discs off ebay 6 months ago, within 3 weeks they were completely ruined! Dont fancy risking it tbh

As long as you do a bit of background work like ring the place ask how long they've been trading, check they have got lots of positive feedback, powerseller you'll be fine. Dad works for the local motorfactors and confirmed mine were genuine!

As long as you do a bit of background work like ring the place ask how long they've been trading, check they have got lots of positive feedback, powerseller you'll be fine. Dad works for the local motorfactors and confirmed mine were genuine!

Which power seller was it? Would be nice to have a more confident basis for dealing with folk/organisations on eBay.

You can buy OEM parts from EUROCARPARTS

They are doing 30% off at the moment too, if you use the discount code

SERVICE30

Free delivery too

I'm using Pagid pads and discs from ECP, work well, fitted myself, piece of cake actually

We sell O.E.M too, please follow the link below:

Fabia O.E.M Discs/Pads

ALSO ENTER : BRISKODA10 at checkout for 10% discount

Looking to buy a set but why are they cheaper here? It's the same photo -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270725403978&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I'm Scottish so as tight as a duck's arse :rofl: .

Edited by Wee Bri

The ones on ebay are not O.E.M, they are budget Discs and pads, but still very good.

Cheers :thumbup: .

I've just ordered a set of O.E.M. from you online - not 100% the transaction went through (as the final page wouldn't display) - if not, I'll re-order when I get home from work tonight.

You can buy OEM parts from EUROCARPARTS

They are doing 30% off at the moment too, if you use the discount code

SERVICE30

Free delivery too

I'm using Pagid pads and discs from ECP, work well, fitted myself, piece of cake actually

THANK YOU for that code! That's just saved me £27 B)

Gotta love this forum! (lets hope its still active tomorrow when i get paid!)