Yeti Faulty AC?

Elcano

Air conditioning not working!?

Yes, that's it, right today I've discovered the Air Conditioning isn't cooling the air at all!

and on the opposite, warm air is generated.

I've tried to switch the AC on and off a few times, selected different temperatures, activated the dual mode but ...nothing. It looks like a I have a faulty AC.

My Yeti is sept. 2009, so everything should be on warranty, but I've to say I'm rather disappointed .

I've contacted a skoda dealer and in a few days it'll be checked.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Thank you Everyone

Sounds like low gas really , but the question is how have you had any damage to the car or anything that may have disrupted the pipework or the compressor.

The aircon high and low pressure pipes are at the front of the engine behind the inner edge of the o/s headlamp.

Peter

I had exactly that from my last Skoda - an Octavia VRS MK2 so fundamentally a very similar car. I had a leak right at the front of the engine bay (as indicated above) and had no pressure in the system as a result. It was all done under warranty but as you say, its the inconvenience.

Yes, a broken belt is also very much possible, like in my experience on a one month old 1.2 Yeti.

BUT, this should put at least one red light on the dashboard.

Hello everybody,

first I wish to thank you all for your comments, unfortunately I still know nothing about what went wrong, only in the next days Skoda Service will have a look under the hood.

The points you have suggested are all possible to me.

My Yeti (for the time being) hasn't got a scratch, anyway I gave a look in the engine bay, but everything seems to be in order. Even if a loose pipe and a leak is always possible.

Another good chance could be a broken belt (...there is always a belt somewhere), but I agree with VD-ST a warning light should have lit (and I have none).

We'll see, as soon as I'll know better, I'll post more info, about my yeti's small mishap

good day

Hi there,I had the same issue with my Yeti an few months ago, no cooling, no warning lights. Had the dealers check it and ended up having the compressor replaced (under warrenty). Strangely, I had the same thing happen with a 2.0 TDi A6, years ago.Tony

Hi there,I had the same issue with my Yeti an few months ago, no cooling, no warning lights. Had the dealers check it and ended up having the compressor replaced (under warrenty). Strangely, I had the same thing happen with a 2.0 TDi A6, years ago.Tony

Yes, because Yeti AC uses same part of GOLF V, as probably did A6 time ago. Been told about problematic AC on Golf V and the fact Yeti uses the same one. WAG standardisation...

Hello I've some more info to add regarding my AC fault.

Today at the skoda service, a faulty AC compressor has been diagnosed.

What's worst is that apparently they cannot tell me when the new spare part will be available.

It seems the part should come from the WV main center in Verona, but nobody knows when!

I've also heard by the mechanichs that the spare part code has been changed,

the item they were looking for has now been redirected to a different code.

In a few days I'll be informed of any developement.

What kind of logistic do they have? is a similar situation likely?

What's the story if you need a spare in your own country?

Greatings

Update from Skoda Service:

AC compressor, possibly available by mid-July, but more realistically by the end of the month (or even later)

...what can I say?

greetings

I read somewhere that AC needs to be used regularly, otherwise it becomes less efficient. emoticon-0143-smirk.gif

Correct. Should be used at least once a week as this moves the fluid around and lubricates everything. A lot of people think AC is only for summer use, but because it dries the air it is great in the winter in helping to clear the screen.

My old Freelander was good because when you put the fan on and the distribution to screen it turned the AC on automatically.

Correct. Should be used at least once a week as this moves the fluid around and lubricates everything. A lot of people think AC is only for summer use, but because it dries the air it is great in the winter in helping to clear the screen.

My old Freelander was good because when you put the fan on and the distribution to screen it turned the AC on automatically.

Not everybody realises the advantages of AC in producing DRY air. I have used the AC to dry soggy kids (plus self on occasions) and it is very effective.

We will now get a lot of posts about waste of fuel, polluting the planet etc. etc.

Thanks everyone for your comments, but in any of my previous posts I wrote, I don’t use the Air conditioning.

On the contrary its a 'device' i personally use constantly. Living in northern Italy I have to use it in both the cold climate to ease the humidity in the car’s cabin and with the warm weather too. From May on temperatures goes easily above 20 degrees (…it’d be silly not to use the AC)

No, the point is another one, it's the time it takes to receive this spare part (& the reliability of the parts itself)

I hope in the UK delivery time for a spare is better.

Good Day

• 1 month later...

If traveling you see a Yeti with a thin layer of Ice on the (inner) side of the windscreen that's me, testing the New AC compressor replaced yesterday by Skoda Service. At last The Air conditioning appears to be back to normal working order. (dual mode too!)

It has taken from the 28th of June (fault day) to 23rd July when Informed by skoda Italy the part had arrived. A few days later my local service called for appointment

...but i was on vacation ...then they had their vacation time, so the job could only be scheduled a couple of days ago.

excluding the vacation it's really a lot of time, 25 days for a spare.

does any one know if I'm eligible for any form of compensation (a discount on a next maintence or similar) rules could be different among countries of course but I'like to know if this happens in your place.

Funny as soon the AC works, the temperatures have fallen 5 degres. Today only 27º

Cheers

[/size][/size][/size]

It has really taken a lot of time to be fixed due to lack of spare part.

From 28th june I've been informed from Skoda Italy the part had arrived on 23rd of July

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Same problem diagnosed with my Yeti in India. Took it in for first service at around 12 K Kms and 11 months of usage. It has been diagnosed with a faulty compressor and the new part is awaited (so far been one week) - lets see how soon they are able to change the part.