Seat light on dash?

Just noticed a red light flicker on every now and again on the dash. It's in between the fuel and temp gauges, it looks like a 3 door car front seat folded forward with an arrow showing movement. Never seen this before in my life! And it's not even in the manual!? And none of the seats do this on any fabia's as they are all 5 door? Well and truly stumped! Can anyone help?

Cheers Jason

Just noticed a red light flicker on every now and again on the dash. It's in between the fuel and temp gauges, it looks like a 3 door car front seat folded forward with an arrow showing movement. Never seen this before in my life! And it's not even in the manual!? And none of the seats do this on any fabia's as they are all 5 door? Well and truly stumped! Can anyone help?

Cheers Jason

Same problem as this thread?

Cheers Jason

Sounds like the lock indicator for the back seats. I would check to see that both back seat backs are fully upright and locked. You normally see this for a while when you fold down the back seats, though it will go out if you leave the back seats folded down for a while.

Paul.

Correct. It's the rear seat back warning. Check that they're fully in place. I'd just flick the backs forwards and then firmly replace them.

The feature only came along later in the production run, from vehicles June 2004 I believe, when the centre rear lap belt was replaced with a proper centre seatbelt. As this is mounted on the seatback it then became vital that the seat back is properly secured, for the belt to work properly. Hence this warning system being added. Don't think they changed the print run for the manuals though, to include info about it!

And that would explain why it's red! Cheers! I haven't folded the back seats down since I've had it so will fold them and then lock them back into place, good to know it's nothing serious. Nice of skoda to let their customers know of a new light......

Mine has come on for about 5 seconds every time I start up since I had cruise fitted. But I've never noticed any switch or trigger by the seats when their folded as it's never come on

On the three Fab vRSes I've had, only one was late enough for the revised belt and this system. And on that one, I personally couldn't see anything different in the seat locking system, or any sensor/catch.

And that would explain why it's red! Cheers! I haven't folded the back seats down since I've had it so will fold them and then lock them back into place, good to know it's nothing serious. Nice of skoda to let their customers know of a new light......

I'd imagine it's in the owners manual if you had RTFM.

I'd imagine it's in the owners manual if you had RTFM.

I believe he had. And if you check the owner's manual yourself, you'll find it's not listed as a warning light.

If you can find it, there's a prize in it for you.

It's not in the book, nor was it fitted after a certain point. It was fitted (maybe 2004) then they stopped fitting it. 2 07 plates I know of don't have it, but my mates 54 plate does

Matt

Can't think why they'd stop fitting it, as you need to be sure that the rear backrests are secure.

I believe he had. And if you check the owner's manual yourself, you'll find it's not listed as a warning light.

If you can find it, there's a prize in it for you.

Oops, you're right. After I'd written that post I've just been looking in the downloadable manual for the explanation of that light and can't find it. I has the old style dash and not the one in the vRS and face-lifted models.

It's not in the book, nor was it fitted after a certain point. It was fitted (maybe 2004) then they stopped fitting it. 2 07 plates I know of don't have it, but my mates 54 plate does

Matt

My 05 has it, so it definitely isnt something they got rid of during the facelift.

Stephen

My 2004 04 vRS has this light, it has a 3 point centre belt. Our 2003 53 (non-vRS) does not, but it only have a lap-belt centre belt.

I never said it was, just that it was only added for a while then they didnt bother any more. There was a whole thread on it a while back when my mates SE (obviously with 3rd seat belt) didnt have it, he was wondering why, along with another late fabia i know that doesnt have it, so i`m 100% sure it was taken off after a while and not just down to if you have a 3 point rear belt.

Matt

• 7 years later...
4 hours ago, BOBDOGS said:

All well and good but where is the switch?

Incorporated into the seat backrest latches. Item 22 here...

backrest_switch_unit.png

backrest_lock_unit_2.png

Edited by TMB

On 07/07/2011 at 15:20, Tech1e said:

Besides if they put everything in the manual in the right place and in the right language then we would have nothing to do.

It's in the user manual . I know as I don't like red lights on dash. Most times ,on mine, it's because Swimbo has not made sure the rear seats are locked down.