Leon Cupra vs VRS

Hi All,

Been lurking around for a while since taking a shine to the Octy VRS - I currently drive an Ibiza FR which I will soon need to change.Keeping it in the VAG family, the options im looking at are the Octavia Vrs or a Leon (FR or Cupra)- Having Test driven both an Octy and the Leon im swaying towards the Skoda.

Looking at an Early MkII (2006-2008) what kind of options were availiable on the car that are worth looking out for, and what was as standard? so far I understand that the Sat-Nav was optional, what else?

Cheers

Andy

Cant answer your question mate.

BUT. I am really liking the FR and Cupra....Has yours been reliable???

My Ibiza FR has really been a beaut, had absolutly no problems what-so-ever in the just under 4 years I've owned it! Semi-tempted to keep hold of it but my desire for something bigger is getting the better of me

I had an Ibiza FR Diesel.

Nice car and handled well, but the ride is absolutely shocking!

Honestly, I'd plump for a Fabia vRS over the Ibiza every day of the week.

Got to agree with Gorebrush. The ride on my mates Leon FR is horrible compared to the Octy. Very crashy over every tiny bump and made me feel car sick for the first time in 20 years since I went in the rear of a Capri!

leon looks better buthas a diabolical and has stiff suspension to make teenagers think its really sporty, its also a seat so dealer netwrok is woeful at best.

The octavia has a softer approach with the handling and comfort, although handles just as well, and the interior is light years ahead. plus skoda are renowned for having a very well respected dealer network

The Octy is the better bet although I've no problem with the Leon FR - good handling, plenty of grunt, but on the downside, shocking ride (as has been said) and a cheap interior (see Nick's comment above). Pre 58's don't have the jumbo box (storage between the front seats), MP3 Stream, 18's and dual climate control. Seen this on page 4 ?

http://www.niddriemotorcompany.co.uk/680/niddrie_stocklist.htm

Edited by Paul007

The Leon looks like an egg on wheels and has an interior that makes a Chinese car look good.

I'm well impressed with the interior of my Toledo, which is presumably the same as a Mk1 Leon - probably as good a quality as my Octavia

Looking at an Early MkII (2006-2008) what kind of options were availiable on the car that are worth looking out for, and what was as standard? so far I understand that the Sat-Nav was optional, what else?

The option pack that became standard of 18" wheels, rear electric windows, climate control and jumbo box is worth looking out for and became standard from early 2007 on.

The maxi-dot display is worth having too as it allows quite a few things to be configured on the car and is also essential if you want to install OEM bluetooth.

Other than that, rear parking sensors are worth having (in hatch and estate) as rear visibility isn't great, sunset glass looks nice but can be retro fitted and obviously xenons and auto lights are a nice to have.

However, none of those are more important than condition of car.

I'm well impressed with the interior of my Toledo, which is presumably the same as a Mk1 Leon - probably as good a quality as my Octavia

The mk1 was ok, but the mk2 dash board is kak, absolutely no comparison to the Octy imo. As mentioned the ride on the Leon FR is incredible harsh, ironically it is much better on the Cupra.

All these things put me off, and we ended up with a mkv Golf GT. :thumbup:

Thanks for your comments guys,

Some food for thought while looking for a new motor.

I did see that Octavia linked by Paul007, but being just south of Glasgow, its a bit too far for me (I'm on the Surrey/Hampshire border)

leon looks better buthas a diabolical and has stiff suspension to make teenagers think its really sporty, its also a seat so dealer netwrok is woeful at best.

The octavia has a softer approach with the handling and comfort, although handles just as well, and the interior is light years ahead. plus skoda are renowned for having a very well respected dealer network

With regards to Dealers (Just my thoughts locally ofc) but My local Seat Dealer - Wiltshere & Sons @ Farnham, have been nothing short of fantastic during my ownership of the Ibiza, whereas my experience at Garland Skoda @ Aldershot wasn't so great. Thankfully Wiltsheres have reduced themselves to being Seat Approved for aftersales rather than be a full on Seat main dealer and therefore with any luck I might be able to source my Octy through them

Thanks for your comments guys,

Some food for thought while looking for a new motor.

I did see that Octavia linked by Paul007, but being just south of Glasgow, its a bit too far for me (I'm on the Surrey/Hampshire border)

With regards to Dealers (Just my thoughts locally ofc) but My local Seat Dealer - Wiltshere & Sons @ Farnham, have been nothing short of fantastic during my ownership of the Ibiza, whereas my experience at Garland Skoda @ Aldershot wasn't so great. Thankfully Wiltsheres have reduced themselves to being Seat Approved for aftersales rather than be a full on Seat main dealer and therefore with any luck I might be able to source my Octy through them

Yeah, noticed that after I'd posted.