induction kit yes or no or normal filter

I run a K&N panel filter in a de-finned/smoothed standard airbox and have run a 75mm cold air intake from behind the front bumper, then cut away the bumper trim "diamonds" to increase the airflow.

On the airbox end I enlarged the standard air intake hole to take the 75mm hose then bonded it in place.

I used a smooth bore dark coloured hose which runs behind the battery and enters the airbox in the standard position, on the front end it goes down behind the N/S headlight and sits roughly adjacent to the horn, and at first glance you'd think it's factory fit.

All the performance advantages of a CAI but without the loud induction roar, plus no fear of the filter getting soaked in the great British summer!

best thing to do is leave the standard airbox in place do not defin it and fit a 3 inch cold air feed to the box but make sure you cut out the grill diamonds to allow air flow through it.

if you have money to throw away then get an abd unit looks very nice in the engine bay.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

don't bother with it - total and utter waste of money

if you wanna throw money away chuck it my way :rofl:

like others have said if you want more power put it towards a remap, if you not fussed put it towards service spares (a new VAG paper filter will always make your car chirpier!) :p

You block off the end of the pipe with a small cone filter that normally cones with the kit, or the metal pipe has a slot to plug in the SAI pipe

here is a pick of mine before i removed the whole SAI system.

RockyHorror2010081.jpg

how about 1 of the ebay ones for £39 with the chrome cia pipe

ebay number 200524749911

There ok, just swap the filter for a better cone. ie k&n etc (not pipercross there garbage)

I ran an eBay one with a k&n cone for a year before I swapped to a modified airbox and it was fine :thumbup:

Hi. I've got a CAI kit that I took off my MK1 TDI Octavia like (but not the same make) the one Bodders1 shows in his photo's post 21. If anyone wants it PM me an offer.

You block off the end of the pipe with a small cone filter that normally cones with the kit, or the metal pipe has a slot to plug in the SAI pipe

here is a pick of mine before i removed the whole SAI system.

RockyHorror2010081.jpg

Hmm ive got the option to have a little filter on the end, but ive also got the option to feed it straight back into the CAI chrome pipe before the MAF.

does it matter which way around?

Hmm ive got the option to have a little filter on the end, but ive also got the option to feed it straight back into the CAI chrome pipe before the MAF.

does it matter which way around?

If you have the option on the metal pipe then do it that way, as that is what that hole is used for. I had no option on mine so needed the additional filter.

I always liked the Carbonio....they was stunning

Did the job , also sounded supeb with a Forge 007P on too

oh the old days......

But I know Awesome don`t do them anymore.....shame

But I do know that there are a couple of second hand ones for sale on other forum

Oh wow , nothing nicer than the sound of them two together......

Sarah

what other forum

Have tried: Ebay CAI, K&N Induction Kit, Green Panel Filter, BMC CDA & standard paper.

The only aftermarket one that didn't seem to lose power was the BMC, which also sounded superb. The K&N made the engine feel a little lacklustre, as did the Ebay jobbie. The Green wasn't much better.

BMC or standard would be my choice.

Have tried: Ebay CAI, K&N Induction Kit, Green Panel Filter, BMC CDA & standard paper.

The only aftermarket one that didn't seem to lose power was the BMC, which also sounded superb. The K&N made the engine feel a little lacklustre, as did the Ebay jobbie. The Green wasn't much better.

Thread jack... sorry...

But I am really interested in the BMC CDA, was it an improvement over the standard set up, or just the alteration that didnt mess things up!?

Definately thought it was an improvement. Really noticed the difference once it was removed. One of my old Corrado VR6s made 7bhp with one (before and after dyno plots at Stealth).

Hmmm, sounds good!

Thanks.

if the bmc cda worked for you do you think the bmc panel filter would work aswell as i dont really want to spend over 200pounds when i could just spend about 40pounds and would work the same ?

thanks all

if the bmc cda worked for you do you think the bmc panel filter would work aswell as i dont really want to spend over 200pounds when i could just spend about 40pounds and would work the same ?

thanks all

lol at this !!! why would someone pay 200 if the 40 version worked the same ???

but imo the best filter to go with is either standard or a uprated panel filter

there mostly a gimic it will not be noticable atall and only really makes sense to upgrade to higher flowing inlets when running big bhp say 400+

lol at this !!! why would someone pay 200 if the 40 version worked the same ???

but imo the best filter to go with is either standard or a uprated panel filter

there mostly a gimic it will not be noticable atall and only really makes sense to upgrade to higher flowing inlets when running big bhp say 400+

sorry couldnt think of how to word the first top sentance right and fair enough just trying to get the right info atm so will leave it all for now just get a remap and an exhaust system when my standard system starts to rot and when i can afford to.

thanks all

Well i stick by my comments for ABD intake.. Costly but i don't care. And it DID improve my state of tune over std air filter/panel and other makes i have used previously. So I am happy :thumbup:

if you got the money and have the attitude like us mark that you want it to sound and look the best then hands down the abd is the best

but we are a special breed and when they are worried about cost then they need to re think about modding imo

The BMC panel is a completely different design/idea to the Carbon Dynamic Airbox. The CDA has curved fins inside that channel the air etc- take a look at their website. None of the other filters I have used (and I've used loads) have had such a noticeable, positive effect. I've used the same one on the vRS, Corrado VR6 and Honda Prelude 2.2 VTI. Noticeable improvement on all of them + a good, measured improvement on the VR6. Look out for them second hand on Ebay- they do pop up from time to time. Got mine for under £50.

Am i the only one with a jabba kit :giggle:

Big fan and no regrets, the look, the noise, ive not seemed to have ran into any probs yet :smirk: even being a fool on hot days it seems to do me proud

I just stand by jabbasport as oober awesome folk lol :rofl:

3939c0cf.jpg

Not a pure shot of the kit but it seem i only have engine bay pics

phone2009029.jpg

I'll try remember a better view

Jabbajabba ;)

• 1 year later...

I run a K&N panel filter in a de-finned/smoothed standard airbox and have run a 75mm cold air intake from behind the front bumper, then cut away the bumper trim "diamonds" to increase the airflow.

On the airbox end I enlarged the standard air intake hole to take the 75mm hose then bonded it in place.

I used a smooth bore dark coloured hose which runs behind the battery and enters the airbox in the standard position, on the front end it goes down behind the N/S headlight and sits roughly adjacent to the horn, and at first glance you'd think it's factory fit.

All the performance advantages of a CAI but without the loud induction roar, plus no fear of the filter getting soaked in the great British summer!

Have you got any pics of this, please?