Delivery Date extended, AGAIN!

Received a phone call from work today about my Fabia Vrs Estate delivery.

Had a date of 15th August given me a few week back, now its been kicked all the way back to MARCH 2012!

Its crazy, an excuse of a shortage of DSG gearboxes due to a microchip shortage from Japan.

Am I being jerked around? I've emailed Skoda UK, no reply as yet. Can anyone help me out?

when did you order? as was it bog standard or with extra's?

ive been waiting since march yet others have theirs already, very hit&miss system imho

there seems to be a compensation scheme running but i dont know who instigates this, dealer or slowda themselves.

all depends if your willing to wait

Received a phone call from work today about my Fabia Vrs Estate delivery.

Had a date of 15th August given me a few week back, now its been kicked all the way back to MARCH 2012!

Its crazy, an excuse of a shortage of DSG gearboxes due to a microchip shortage from Japan.

Am I being jerked around? I've emailed Skoda UK, no reply as yet. Can anyone help me out?

Sorry to hear that but that sounds stupid. I would ask to cancel and get deposit back or look for a demo or cancelled order or something and get a bigger discount. I know the car is good but an 8 month extension to your order !

when did you order? as was it bog standard or with extra's?

ive been waiting since march yet others have theirs already, very hit&miss system imho

there seems to be a compensation scheme running but i dont know who instigates this, dealer or slowda themselves.

all depends if your willing to wait

Not a bog standard unfortunatley, had a few options: standard red Corrida paint work, heated seats, climate control, cruise control, Gigaro alloys and Curve projector lights.

The order went in March too, hopefully talk to skoda uk tomorrow. If its March 2012 then I'm thinking about cancelling the order, absolutely gutting, looked forward to this car!

Sorry to hear that but that sounds stupid. I would ask to cancel and get deposit back or look for a demo or cancelled order or something and get a bigger discount. I know the car is good but an 8 month extension to your order !

Hopefully Skoda UK can clarify, 8 months is ridiculous! If it is that long, may have to look for alternatives which im not looking forward too

Hopefully Skoda UK can clarify, 8 months is ridiculous! If it is that long, may have to look for alternatives which im not looking forward too

I ordered my vRS with plenty of options on 5th June, was told by dealer & Skoda UK Customer services that it would be 5 months at the very latest. Got a confusing email from the dealer today saying expecting around January next year. Need to clarify, but 8 months is madness, I will have to reconider my order. A real shame because I don't know what else to go for

Around eight months seems to be the norm I'm afraid.

I ordered a Race Blue vRS with just cruise control and parking sensors as options, everything else standard, at the start of April. I was initially quoted a delivery of early August (meaning now!) but about a month ago I got an update from the selling dealer that delivery would now be early October (with a build week of mid-September) due to a lack of DSG 'boxes.

The main concern I had was that my part-ex price would be honoured but thankfully the Dealer confirmed this would be kept. If nothing else it gives me two extra months to save some more but still not good for a mass-produced car. A friend who works for Rolls Royce said I should have ordered a Phantom as I would have had it delivered by now, even if I'd gone for some crazy (read: individualistic) options!

Around eight months seems to be the norm I'm afraid.

I ordered a Race Blue vRS with just cruise control and parking sensors as options, everything else standard, at the start of April. I was initially quoted a delivery of early August (meaning now!) but about a month ago I got an update from the selling dealer that delivery would now be early October (with a build week of mid-September) due to a lack of DSG 'boxes.

The main concern I had was that my part-ex price would be honoured but thankfully the Dealer confirmed this would be kept. If nothing else it gives me two extra months to save some more but still not good for a mass-produced car. A friend who works for Rolls Royce said I should have ordered a Phantom as I would have had it delivered by now, even if I'd gone for some crazy (read: individualistic) options!

The problem for me is, the order was placed march 3rd, meaning i'll have waited 12months for mine if the quoted delivery time of March 2012 is correct. Like you said, for a mass produced car, its seems completely mad. I'm sure the Polo gti orders will be getting the priority DSG gearboxes too!

This system is crazy there appears to be no rhyme no reason to it. I’ve just looked on the black hole thread and some people who ordered their cars before me still have not received them. Looking back I was incredibly lucky. I ordered mine VRS hatch 1st April and received it mid-june which is incredible by Skoda standards. It wasn’t packed with extras but it had a few black wheels and roof, climate and cruse.

I wasn’t the only one either a lot of people who ordered VRS around late march early April seemed to somehow jump the queue and got their cars in June. If they can deliver our cars in 10 weeks why not every ones.

A guy I work with ordered a top of the range Volvo about 4 weeks after I ordered the VRS. They told him the next day the date it would arrive at the dealers and it arrived exactly on time. Just over 7 weeks from order to receiving the car and this wasn’t a car that was ready built waiting in another dealer it was built from new to his spec.

If Volvo can turn a car round that quick why not Skoda.

This system is crazy there appears to be no rhyme no reason to it. I’ve just looked on the black hole thread and some people who ordered their cars before me still have not received them. Looking back I was incredibly lucky. I ordered mine VRS hatch 1st April and received it mid-june which is incredible by Skoda standards. It wasn’t packed with extras but it had a few black wheels and roof, climate and cruse.

I wasn’t the only one either a lot of people who ordered VRS around late march early April seemed to somehow jump the queue and got their cars in June. If they can deliver our cars in 10 weeks why not every ones.

A guy I work with ordered a top of the range Volvo about 4 weeks after I ordered the VRS. They told him the next day the date it would arrive at the dealers and it arrived exactly on time. Just over 7 weeks from order to receiving the car and this wasn’t a car that was ready built waiting in another dealer it was built from new to his spec.

If Volvo can turn a car round that quick why not Skoda.

Agreed, if Skoda can't keep pace with their competitors customer service (which skoda were meant to be renowned for) then they are going to start losing custom. I was/am looking forward to my skoda, as I've heard great things about the Vrs, loved the test drive i've had, and cannot find a similar spec/powered car that has the practicality of the estate (which i need) for the price!

If it really is true about the DSG boxes being the cause of the delay then it must be down to VW nicking them for their cars. Looking at the Scirocco forum for example, people ordering the same engine/gearbox combo as the vRS are getting them in less than 12 weeks.

One guy even complained that he would be getting it delivered in 6 weeks instead of the 5 months originally estimated! :rofl:

I don't know what the real problem is with Skoda ATM, but if it is down to VW calling dibs on the DSG's.................

It may be more down to the comparitive small size of skoda dealers. Someone I know in the trade when they worked for a big dealer group would pre book build slots of high selling cars confident they could sell them. My guess is that the smaller dealers arent able to do this. On Holiday in the highlands two weeks ago almost every hire car was a Fabia SE so dont think factory rates are limited.I wonder if all the build slots are taken by either big fleet sales or bog standard cars and there isnt much room/ incentive for custom builds.

I ordered my vRS with plenty of options on 5th June, was told by dealer & Skoda UK Customer services that it would be 5 months at the very latest. Got a confusing email from the dealer today saying expecting around January next year. Need to clarify, but 8 months is madness, I will have to reconider my order. A real shame because I don't know what else to go for

Just had the dealer clarify, they are sticking to the 5 month wait. Have to wait and see I suppose!!

father-in-law ordered a VW Jetta 20tdi sport DSG should have got it in June then July then Aug and now Sept so this may be true about the DSG.

the order was placed march 3rd
Same day as I placed my DSG Roomster order. My car was delivered 21 weeks to the day on 28/7.

Just a couple of points:

Read the Skoda and VAG annual reports production of cars for Europe is down in favour of developing Asian markets (specifically China and India), this is a board level policy decision.

The 18 week compensation payment was discontinued for all orders placed in 2011, at the moment it is believed (but not confirmed) that there is still a 25 week compensation payment of £300. Payment of this seems to vary on a case by case basis.

The 18 week compensation payment was discontinued for all orders placed in 2011, at the moment it is believed (but not confirmed) that there is still a 25 week compensation payment of £300. Payment of this seems to vary on a case by case basis.

When was this decided? I've seen nothing about it, and had confirmation that there was 18 week compensation avalible just a month or two back...

Can anyone else confirm this?

Blimey, I waited seven months for my vrs and thought that was bad. When I picked it up (July) I asked the dealer if the delays had improved. He was pretty glum and said if anything they'd got worse. Tsunami after effects he said - microchips for DSG,and even a pigment in (I think) Rosso brunello (?)red. Whilst waiting, couldn't help overhearing a sales guy at the other side of the showroom on the phone to a customer telling them of another delay, so long in fact they wouldn't be able to hold the price of the incoming PX .......

Maybe I was lucky !!

My provisional build date is next week. Haven't heard nothing from the dealer so far. Was hoping it to turn up in September time.By the sounds of it anytime before Christmas would be a bonus. If I get given dates in 2012 I'd be thinking of cancelling but then what do I buy instead?