Centre armrest

I test drove a vrs with an armrest. Didn't like it. Got in the way of the hand brake.

I do agree with you, but with auto you do not use the handbrake as much, you can raise it; there are various positions for it which make things easier, but on a long journey it is perfectly positioned for relaxing motoring.

Don't forget the handy storage too.

Regards

Tony :)

I do agree with you, but with auto you do not use the handbrake as much, you can raise it; there are various positions for it which make things easier, but on a long journey it is perfectly positioned for relaxing motoring.

Don't forget the handy storage too.

Regards

Tony :)

That's true. The design of the armrest maybe be bizarre for a manual box as it totally gets in the way. But for DSG owners it's very practical. The only time it can get in the way, it is when securing or letting loose the handbrake, which I do by passing my hand from the side of the armrest, so for me, the armrest is always in position. Another plus of the DSG! :rofl:

• 1 year later...

Hi,

i know it is way past your post but i am looking at getting one as well for my greenline 2 and found this one on ebay, item number - 370608351277.

I am also looking at the armster one as well as these seem popular as an aftermarket item,

Cheers,

Andy

I've ordered one of these on my vRS that will be arriving shortly and I'm glad I did.

It's a bit disappointing that there isn't a REAR centre armrest,either standard or as an option...but that's another story!!

the armrest being in the way of the hand brake is a minor problem in relation to the benefit of the armrest and to the way it adds to the look of the interior.

I soon got used to it being in the way of the hand brake and can now apply hand brake with no problem.

Picked my Vrs up on Saturday with a factory fitted armrest, agree with it being in the road of the handbrake but in a few days I have got used to it. Really glad I got it fitted as its handy to rest your left arm on it as not required to change gear.

• 1 year later...