Totenham riots - isolated incident or indicitive event?

lol-lol

This has got to stop now.

4 nights of this boll*cks !

These kids don't know they are born. They're all housed, well-fed and clothed, with money to spend arming themselves and time on their hands which they've decided to use deliberately getting in other peoples' faces and curtailing their right to a good life. Sod 'em. They've just relinquished their right to be treated as reasonable human beings.

Get the army in, declare martial law, impose a dusk to dawn curfew. Shoot anybody on the streets. Start with rubber bullets to start off with (To show good intent - you can't run far when your legs been broken by a rubber bullet).

Spray the little bast*rds with dye and then get everybody in the community (Whom they have just severely d'ssed) to boycott them - shops, banks, hospitals. social security and council offices etc etc. Better still build some stocks and lock 'em in for the duration so that the community can exact its retribution.

Particularly target the adult looters.

Natural justice.

Everybodys' having a tough time at the moment. Things ain't going to be changed by a minority of 18-25 year olds throwing their toys out of the pram.

Nick

Crumbs, you're usually one of the first to defend people who are deprived, so to see you this angry about it, really shows how bad it's got.

I don't actually know what to say, but the stocks seem like a great starting point. That plus filling in pot holes and doing hard labour as part of their prison sentences.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the F*** is the army?

Thank you for calling the British Army

We are unable to answer your call as we are either in a warzone or reading our redundancy notices or both at the same time.

Thank SDSR

Thank you for calling the British Army

We are unable to answer your call as we are either in a warzone or reading our redundancy notices or both at the same time.

Thank SDSR

There's 100,000 odd army personnel on the payroll and only 9,000 in Afghanistan, and say 5,000 at any one time on exercise or at other outposts of ex-empire.

Now that Iraq's long gone, I think there's a bit of slack there to do a bit of occasional civil order back-up ? - there certainly was when it came to the Foot and mouth outbreak, a few years back.

When some of the tribesmen at home need a bit of re-assurance, who are we to deny them ?

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick

Crumbs, you're usually one of the first to defend people who are deprived, so to see you this angry about it, really shows how bad it's got.

I don't actually know what to say, but the stocks seem like a great starting point. That plus filling in pot holes and doing hard labour as part of their prison sentences.

Sorry, with the reports on the level of organisation that these disturbances have, this has got all the hallmarks of foreign powers stirring-up disaffected f*ckwits with crim tendencies and the police taking their opportunity to exact revenge on HMG for the forthcoming cuts.

I wouldn't have thought that fencing bent 50" plasma TVs would necessarily help further career progression of most recipeints of Educational Maintenance Allowance. I don't think the perpetrators are genuinely deprived. They are all out on the street with £100 trainers and hoodies to match - wish I could afford that. Its the OAP living on cat food on the same estate who is the genuine case.

I noticed that Russia Today was giving it large last weekend about the protests in Israel. What a co-incidence that the start of these should follow so hotly on the heels of the Arab spring in Eygypt, Syria and Libya. I think the same is being done here.

Address your complaints to the well-known Trade delegation in Highgate.

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick

I live about 4 miles from Manchester city centre and about 2 miles from Salford. Not scared yet, but I don't think I will sleep very well. Very upsetting :( I am off tomorrow to Cardiff for the Wales game and I must admit to being very nervous about that one, as I have been on a couple of games where violence broke out and cars and trucks damaged. If it happens this time, I fear the worst.

I am off tomorrow to Cardiff for the Wales game and I must admit to being very nervous about that one, as I have been on a couple of games where violence broke out and cars and trucks damaged. If it happens this time, I fear the worst.

All quiet down here, few rumours flying around but nothing confirmed yet, mind the police have big prescence out and about.

Any trouble give me shout lol :dull:

All quiet down here, few rumours flying around but nothing confirmed yet, mind the police have big prescence out and about.

Any trouble give me shout lol :dull:

Will do. I hope you have a really big stick!

Mind you, with hindsight, if Brimma sees the above line..................... :(

Edited by Lady Elanore

I've an idea, if all the honest folks all wear a white shirt and cram into the shopping areas tonight it should stop looting, like a non violent ring of steel that has the backing of the law...To mod this, have the police on the front backed up by the citizens, all citizens should wear a cycle helmet minimum to protect their heads from potential rock thrower's...

I'll be in if I'm called.

Civil Defence Teams AKA Kick the **** out of a rioter!

Sounds like a good nights entertainment. I'm in! :thumbup::giggle:

I hope everyone joins me in hoping that the poor Police emerge unscathed from all this. Brave men and women, all of them and I don't envy them at all. I certainly couldn't do what they are doing.

I also am puzzled by the fact that much is being made of Mark Duggan not firing a shot. Yet it has also been established that he was carrying a real gun. I don't see why the police are being judged as being in the wrong. Guns surely are the most serious of all weapons and as such merit the most serious of responses.

I also am puzzled by the fact that much is being made of Mark Duggan not firing a shot. Yet it has also been established that he was carrying a real gun. I don't see why the police are being judged as being in the wrong. Guns surely are the most serious of all weapons and as such merit the most serious of responses. [/color]

Totally agree,

If they guy had a real gun, then he was without question a real threat.

Nobody in their right mind is going to wait until they or somebody else is shot before they shoot a guy with a gun.

I can only guess that the lodged bullet was a ricochet and that there is a very lucky officer.

As I said earlier though, "he'd never shoot an armed copper" is not the same as "he'd never carry a gun/shoot anyone".

A lot quieter in London yesterday, but still not as quiet as the news suggested.

Think they got out early due to the expected police presence yesterday and made the most of the late morning/early afternoon.

Interesting I've not seen many (if any?) mentions of Stratford over the past few days.

Makes me wonder if there is a media blackout to avoid scaring off the Olympic visitors next year.

10yrs hard labour for all involved irrespective of age! Old enough to do the crime, old enough to do the time! And bang up the parents too, they should have controlled them in the first place!

Build more prisons and staff them - more jobs, boost the economy!

Totally agree,

If they guy had a real gun, then he was without question a real threat.

Nobody in their right mind is going to wait until they or somebody else is shot before they shoot a guy with a gun.

Correct. I had a demo by a Florida deputy a few years ago, I held a gun facing him, he had a gun by his side facing the ground (both empty) he somehow rotated the gun in his hand in a split second & it went click, I would have got the bullet. I had questioned their policy of anyone having a gun & they shoot first, the demo convinced me, they have to face it every day & wont risk their lives.

His kit for night patrol consisted of a Bullet proof vest, baton, Pump action in the boot, std issue side arm & a small gun strapped to his ankle in case he went down, He was also 20 stone of Muscle, perhaps we need a few of those on the streets.

They had no belts in the back of the cars at that time & a steel mesh screen between the front & rear of the car. Anyone being gobby whilst being taken in was treated to the imaginary dog running out at high speed needing a swift & firm aplication of the brakes, aparently they had it off to a fine art & could time it just right for their head to "tap" the mesh at some velocity.

Edited by Stuart_J

There's London's favourite idiot, Boris Johnson, on Radio 4 saying we can't go back to the Policing of the 1950's. Liberal dinner-party nit-wit.

If you don't sanction the police to impose discipline Boris, in the face of an unchallenged threat to the lives, liberty and property of the general populace, the people will impose their own form of justice. How do like a few beheadings on the streets of London ?

'Cause, if that's what you want that's what will happen. Stupid git.

The Tories are the ones that have been telling everybody to stand on your own two feet and be self-sufficient, and when people, in all innocence, try to follow this model (usually in cicumstances where they have no other option) they get bankrupted two ways by an out-of-control banking system and similarly disposed kids.

Ordinary working people of this country have been systematically shafted over the last 30 years by the political establishment, the city of london, social workers, lawyers and the now the *ffing kids". Enough is enough. Surprisingly, rolling-up your sleeves for PR opportunities and coining a few catch phrases ("We all in it together") doesn't do the business of real government, on the very few occasions its needed.

Where did the rot originate ? With the wealthy of the immediate post-war boom in 1960s. Where did the drug problem originate and gain tacit approval. With middle class parents politicians, lawyers, medicos turning a "Blind 'un" to their errant (Bored) offspring. Where's the real trouble ? at the top as usual.

Some of these kids were interviewed on Radio 4 this morning. They admitted they didn't need the stuff they were looting. They were just doing it because they could get away with it.

The sooner "Call-me-Dave", Boris's, Cloggy and Miss Harman's properties are trashed and their lives wrecked the better. The sooner we might get some action.

How about that for incitement ?

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick

Anyone who is trying to be an apologist for these nasty group of thieving scum should watch this video http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424

The two girls interviewed here don't even sound sure who the current government actually is. So for anyone to think that this maybe politically motivated must be on another planet. I've got to say though also that these rioters seem to have more money than I do and have expensive trainers,phones etc. I've been working since I left college and I've never owned a blackberry nor have I owned an expensive pair of trainers.I was made redundant in october and since then have been trying very hard to find work even volunteer work. I have used the time while out of work to get more qualifications and now am working towards a Cisco CCNA.I did all this with my own savings and lots of study and not relying on anyone else.I'm 33 years old and I live in Bexley, nearly half an hour away from Lewisham. You don't see me going rioting. Why? because I was brought up very well by strict parents and I know the difference between right and wrong.

Correct. I had a demo by a Florida deputy a few years ago, I held a gun facing him, he had a gun by his side facing the ground (both empty) he somehow rotated the gun in his hand in a split second & it went click, I would have got the bullet. I had questioned their policy of anyone having a gun & they shoot first, the demo convinced me, they have to face it every day & wont risk their lives.

His kit for night patrol consisted of a Bullet proof vest, baton, Pump action in the boot, std issue side arm & a small gun strapped to his ankle in case he went down, He was also 20 stone of Muscle, perhaps we need a few of those on the streets.

They had no belts in the back of the cars at that time & a steel mesh screen between the front & rear of the car. Anyone being gobby whilst being taken in was treated to the imaginary dog running out at high speed needing a swift & firm aplication of the brakes, aparently they had it off to a fine art & could time it just right for their head to "tap" the mesh at some velocity.

You've only get to see the reaction of people in France to the cops, especially the national constabulary. There's no messing, you do what they say and show due deference. Although, even there, their omnipresence of 30 years ago has diminished.

If you got a load on unruly peasants to control, that's what you need.

Nick

What worries me is that obviously the parents of these kids cant control them or they themselves dont give a damn.

So these kids in next year or too... maybe longer... will prob will get someone pregnant and the next generation will be even worse.

The answers not nice but... leave it to your imagination.

Im quite a liberal person but enoughs enough, human rights act needs to be adjusted, we need compulsory weekly lessons in school teaching respect, dignity and social awareness and also bring back the cane.

Sadly i think the government actually will see this as a green light for more surveillance and maybe even chipping people one day. Hello 1984.

Those of us who are law abiding will suffer in the long run and liberties taken away and if the police are too scared to act because of their past behaviour and mistakes then camerons image of people power will mean more vigilantes.

Also i suspect the police with low morale and threats of cuts in numbers really dont feel like taking action, and as a I said there wary of being taken to court themselves if seen to be too heavy handed.

So these kids in next year or too... maybe longer... will prob will get someone pregnant and the next generation will be even worse.

I can't remember where it was, Holland possibly, but they stopped the practice of giving teenage mums flats. They had to live with their relatives for a number of years before getting put on the list. Result - teenage pregnancies dropped dramatically.

Why are people who have never worked being given money? Give them food stamps, clothing vouchers (charity shops), pens, paper, envelopes and stamps.

Give them compulsory education, it should be illegal to be illiterate. Do nothing get nothing. Prisons should double as proper drug treatment centres. A prisoner should never be released with a physical addiction.

Save a bit of money on the scumbags and there will be more to help people who have worked but have fallen on bad times. At the moment if you've worked for 20yr and you are made redundant you're thrown to the dogs with mortgage payments etc. Feckin country is set up to punish you for doing well.

Edited by Aspman