How long does OEM exhaust typically last? 1.8t

they will prob last longer thatn the car lol, The hangers go and the middle bracket go regular and the middle spot weld snaps easily, that was the reason I had mine remade. Also mine developed a rattle which turned out to be a stone stuck in the shield lol.

Oh well

Mine's the original at about 130k miles and 9.5yrs.

The cat heatshield rear fixings corroded through though, causing it to hang down, so that's been removed. The centre mount broke off once, so had it welded back on, then it fell off again a few years later, so it's now held on with a large jubilee clip. I've also replaced all the hangers.

Not sure how much longer the old girl will hang out, as the corrosion on the pipe from the backbox to cat is pretty bad.

Mines on the original too. 52 plate, and 53k on the clock. Backbox looks perfect, but the rest of the system looks pretty corroded. Heatshield is held on by a massive jubilee clip round the cat. Rear hanger went too, so has a big cable tie to assist it now lol.

the broken centre bracket sounds common....apparently mine is broken too (according the the "health check" done by Skoda while the car was in to have the coil packs checked).

Is it an MOT issue?

I can't hear any knocks or bangs when driving, so I'm wondering if it's actually worth worrying about or even getting underneath to have a look?

nope dont think so mate as it doesnt leak, prob just get an observation for it.

wont fail I wouldnt of thought as it cant fall off the car so is not dangerouse.

Not an MOT tester tho but most if not all the MOT is just commmon sence and safety.

nope dont think so mate as it doesnt leak, prob just get an observation for it.

wont fail I wouldnt of thought as it cant fall off the car so is not dangerouse.

Not an MOT tester tho but most if not all the MOT is just commmon sence and safety.

Agreed; there's a body brace that passes under the exhaust and will support it clear of the road.