Yeti Delivery Time

Ben1812

Ordered my Yeti 4x4 TDi 110bhp with Pan sunroof,spare wheel and O/R button on 22nd May :currently got an unconfirmed build week 46. :wonder:

Now moved to week 47 :'( Now week 48, dealer confesses he's afraid to look as each time he does build time gets longer! :(

Edited by yoda47

Ordered my Yeti 4x4 TDi 110bhp with Pan sunroof,spare wheel and O/R button on 22nd May :currently got an unconfirmed build week 46. :wonder:

Now moved to week 47 :'(

My first post on this Forum following much research particularly wrt delivery. So far I haven't had a good experience. I ordered a 2.0 TDI CR 140PS 4x4 DSG DPF in Black / Onyx with Towbar Prep, Rough Road Pack and Park Assist at the end of December 2010. I was given a delivery date of 28 April 2011. From my research I thought this was highly ambitious, but the supplier was adamant. However a few days before 28/4 they contacted me to say that they would have to cancel the order because they could now not deliver until April 2012. After some discussion they returned my deposit, but the order stays in place (or so they would have me believe). I then hunted around for a new supplier who offered delivery within 6/7 months which was stated as being the pessimistic position (it should bbe sooner). I placed an order for the same model on 27/5/11. The order confirmation had a delivery date of Mid December, which puts it in line with the latter estimate of the quote. Apparently I would have a build date within 5 weeks (ie early July), however by 21/7 still no news and dealer says we are still on target. Confirmation received on 8/8, mid December is wholly realistic, but on 12/8 was informed vehicle now expected at Dealers mid January, so I expect delivery will be 3rd week.

I appreciate the Yeti is a desirable car (that is why I want one!) but it is beyond me to understand how it seems impossible to give any proper information. Dealers blame Skoda, and Skoda blames Dealers. Having dug around I understand that each Dealer is allocated a certain number of vehicles each month with a weighting towards March and September. It would only be human nature for a Dealer to juggle his orders. For instance he could "sell" more than his allocation and the have to manipulate the excess, spreading them into future allocations. Since the customer never gets to see any proper data, we are left at the mercy of possible sleight of hand.

Could the system be better? Is it possible to get order confirmations from Skoda? Or am I missing the point completely?

Anyway I hope I will perhaps get my Yeti during 2012. On the other hand I might win the lottery and can afford to buy one of the upmarket models!

Having dug around I understand that each Dealer is allocated a certain number of vehicles each month with a weighting towards March and September. It would only be human nature for a Dealer to juggle his orders. For instance he could "sell" more than his allocation and the have to manipulate the excess, spreading them into future allocations. Since the customer never gets to see any proper data, we are left at the mercy of possible sleight of hand.

Could the system be better? Is it possible to get order confirmations from Skoda? Or am I missing the point completely?

Anyway I hope I will perhaps get my Yeti during 2012. On the other hand I might win the lottery and can afford to buy one of the upmarket models!

I think this all depends on your dealer. I first started asking my local dealer about lead times back in February and he explained the quota system saying how far ahead he had already used up his allocation and was totally up front about how long it would be before he could even officially place an order.

Just Joined. My yeti order from Jan 2011 not yet fulfilled. Well yes and No. Ordered a red greenline with extras. back in Jan 2011 because dealer advised delivery was Sept 2011. I was due to change company car in Sept2011 from a QashQai, and wanted back to Skoda after many years of reliable octavias.

Last week in March, The Red yeti turned up at dealer who had no warning, no build date or delivery date advised by Skoda. It just turned up. my boss refused to accept as we were still paying for the "cash & carry". sadly the red yeti was re sold and re ordered. Then in June the Qashqai died. unexplained cam belt failure at 103K ( changed at 70k) after Clutch went @ 87k and now Air con completely corroded. Over £ 3k spent was Skoda telling me something ? Just had word from Dealer Skoda cannot tell when order will be fulfilled 8 weeks -16 weeks who knows? Skoda have a steelGrey Greenline cancelled order available week 38 build. I have had to accept this order change (as I want rid of the Nissan Now with 120K.)

unfortunately with no extras and build order cannot be changed. why cannot the factory give some decent indicators to dealers when an order will be processed. I thought they worked 3 months firm 3 months tenetative?

My first post on this Forum following much research particularly wrt delivery. So far I haven't had a good experience. I ordered a 2.0 TDI CR 140PS 4x4 DSG DPF in Black / Onyx with Towbar Prep, Rough Road Pack and Park Assist at the end of December 2010. I was given a delivery date of 28 April 2011. From my research I thought this was highly ambitious, but the supplier was adamant. However a few days before 28/4 they contacted me to say that they would have to cancel the order because they could now not deliver until April 2012. After some discussion they returned my deposit, but the order stays in place (or so they would have me believe). I then hunted around for a new supplier who offered delivery within 6/7 months which was stated as being the pessimistic position (it should be sooner). I placed an order for the same model on 27/5/11.

Hi YetiGirl,

I have made a similar order to yours on 6 May 2011 from UK Car Discounts. I telephoned this week; they say delivery is still due mid December... but they do not have a build date. I said in that case can I add the Rough Road Package, they said yes, but I have not had conformation yet...

Peter

Ordered April - Wk 15

Told Build Wk 36

Two weeks ago phoned SUK - it moved to Wk 38

Today - Wk 42

(All unconfirmed dates)

That makes it third week of October for build week and goodness knows how long for it to find it's way to UK and up to Cumbria.

Maybe the Winter Tyres I have just purchased was me being a tad bit outrageously optimistic!!?

Am I also being too optimistic to think I'll get the 'Good Will' payment?

I lifted this from my input to "delay payment" thread , but is relevant to this thread

"We ordered on the 24 April , and to be fair were told of the long delay “ about 26 weeks “, but then silence , we gave it a while then prompted the dealer on more than 1 occasion for some feed back on order acceptance ,a return call each time was promised , but nothing .

We went into the dealership after about 6 weeks , and low and behold the order had been accepted the week before . then silence again A visit about 3 weeks ago to see if any updates were available ,a call was again promised . STILL WAITING "

I have just had a terse conversation with the dealer (13 SEP) , and am now given wk 2 as a build week ,

So much for getting car for summer hols in July, Half term this coming October , Ready for winter , who knows when that will start? :(

I made it VERY clear I expect the part exchange offer on the Passat to be honoured , and fully expect the delay payment

Second thoughts ? yes very much , my Brother did not have to wait this long for his bespoke Aston Martin DB9

For what it's worth, VW dealers can be just as bad as Skoda dealers! You'd never think the economy was stagnating and car production falling!

I ordered a Golf Plus at the end of July, and was eager to get the discount and interest-free loan being promised up to the end of September, despite my belief that orders were taking 3 months or so. The Sales Manager was contemptuous about that forecast and said the car would be in my hands by mid-September. I asked if having a DSG gearbox or sunroof would delay it and was told there were no delays dependant on chosen options. So I placed my order, with written confirmation that I would get an interest-free loan even if they couldn't deliver the car before the end of September.

Despite promises to phone me every few weeks regarding the progress of my order, I have had to phone them each time. When I phoned today, I was told they had been putting off phoning me as the provisional build week had gone out to mid-January 2012 - as "DSG cars were slotted into gaps in the production of manual gearbox cars"! But then I was told that recently the build week had been moving forward again, and was now confirmed at week 42 (mid-October). But the handover would now take 5 or 6 weeks and not the 2 weeks thet had quoted when I ordered!

Clearly, some sales teams will say anything they want to get an order and their commission, and just sit on our deposits in the meantime. At least I've got a written P/X valuation and the interest-free loan still, even if the car will arrive 6 weeks later than I was assured by the rotund sales manager. His credibility is shot now, and I'd be very wary about recommending friends to go there but VW have things tied up by stripping out the experienced family dealers and giving franchises to the big conglomerates who couldn't really care less if they're selling Kias next year.

Chris

Orderd my Yeti 170 Elegance wilth lot of extras 3rd week in March 2010 now after a visit to the dealer this week I find out Build Date is week 2 2012 so in excess of 10 months any ideas how to get round this as dealer is very limp wristed and say complain to Skoda customer services.

ordered my 170 Elegance 11 March - told last week it's built and in transit...

Welcome to the Skoda build times lottery!

Just hope it's all worth it in the end.

Terrific!!!

Just spoke to the dealer and my build week has slipped back to wk 44 from wk 42. Two steps forward and 1 back :thumbdown:

By the time SM arrives I will have no need for 4 doors and what with global warming we won't be getting any snow! ;)