Vinyl wrapping

Hi everyone , I have a vrs candy White black alloys. I'm looking to get the roof wrapped and the inside dash parts/ plastic bits as well. Plus the chrome parts of the grill

Thing is I can decide what to get, either carbon fibre gloss finish inside and out or gloss black. What do you guys think will look best. The vinyl will be 3m di noc

Or any other colours that you think I could have , please note that whatever the roof is done in then the plasticy bits in the dash and door cards/ panels will be done

Many thanks

Hi everyone , I have a vrs candy White black alloys. I'm looking to get the roof wrapped and the inside dash parts/ plastic bits as well. Plus the chrome parts of the grill

Thing is I can decide what to get, either carbon fibre gloss finish inside and out or gloss black. What do you guys think will look best. The vinyl will be 3m di noc

Or any other colours that you think I could have , please note that whatever the roof is done in then the plasticy bits in the dash and door cards/ panels will be done

Many thanks

Wrapping what's this?,

Looks are a subjective matter to be honest. I too would like to spice up the interior with some glossy carbon or black glossy paint.

The only thing I would suggest is to go for not your typical 3M which is thick and not that flexible but for flexible carbon vinyl regarding the air vents etc.

So what's the 3m di nix like , is it not that workable , their sight suggests it's good for interiors and playable with heat???

It seem expensive book looks the best of what's out there

The 3M is not that shiny and from what I can gather not that great to heat mold around complicated shapes - of course heat gives it elasticity but not to the extend of the one shown on the video above.

Of course di noc is the closest thing to the real carbon look but not sure if you can coated with a gloss finish as I like the interior to be glossy as possible.

Thanks 32k , 3m have release a new version of the carbon wrap that has a glossy finish looks impressive. The dash of the vrs is pretty flat, air vensts etc, don't think there is anything as curved as the one in the vid

Edited by JenksVRS

Looks are a subjective matter to be honest. I too would like to spice up the interior with some glossy carbon or black glossy paint.

The only thing I would suggest is to go for not your typical 3M which is thick and not that flexible but for flexible carbon vinyl regarding the air vents etc.

I liked the editing on the YouTube clip; it shows in full detail how to wrap the outside. When it comes to doing the hardest part, the inside, it shows the guy starting to push the wrap into place then jumping to a point where it is almost complete. What happened in-between, how long did it take, how difficult was it and how many times did he start again from scratch?

Small parts may be ok but if your thinking about doing something as big as the roof I would recommend getting a professional to do it could turn out cheaper in the long run and probably look better.

i have used 3m di-noc on my prev car (ibiza) and it is really easy to mold and play with using a litlle heat as you go with either a heat gun on low or a hairdryer (this is what i used),even if you make a mess of it you just peel back off,heat it up and away you go again using the same bit.i wouldnt recommend anything els. :thumbup:

door.jpg

doorp.jpg

cen.jpg

image-8.jpg

Thanks 32k , 3m have release a new version of the carbon wrap that has a glossy finish looks impressive. The dash of the vrs is pretty flat, air vensts etc, don't think there is anything as curved as the one in the vid

Sounds good - I need to check it out in person. There is also one more technique I've been planning to play around with - you could get impressive results regarding the interior and from what I've gathered the automotive industry uses the same technique when it comes to wood effects etc. Check the vids below. There are numerous diy kits online and a huge collection of patterns.

Check at 2:25

i have used 3m di-noc on my prev car (ibiza) and it is really easy to mold and play with using a litlle heat as you go with either a heat gun on low or a hairdryer (this is what i used),even if you make a mess of it you just peel back off,heat it up and away you go again using the same bit.i wouldnt recommend anything els. :thumbup:

Love that grill logo. (bookmarking this topic for future reference)

Love that grill logo. (bookmarking this topic for future reference)

hi there was a place were i was going to go its mint car enhancents

6 tannery road giltbrook industrail park giltbrook nottingham ng16 2wp its looks a good place

was going to have the roof done and rear spoiler and grill on my roomy its about 10.00 per part

look on there site its showing whot there do

Under ground graphics is where I'm ordering from. I'm going to attempt DIY roof and spoiler wrap. Can the spoiler come off or is I glued on . Going to order enough to do roof spoiler and inside trim

Anyone know the roof length off hand.

Had 15mins to kill so I tried to wrap one of the side air-vents with a pattern that I saw from Avery which I quite liked. I bought a really small piece just for this test.

Very easy to apply and very flexible when heated up. I still need to spend more time to master removing all air bubbles out and wrapping the edges without creases. It is a lot of fun and I quite like the look of the vent now.

img20110825175640.jpg

aaaaayze.jpg

• 1 month later...

hi there was a place were i was going to go its mint car enhancents

6 tannery road giltbrook industrail park giltbrook nottingham ng16 2wp its looks a good place

was going to have the roof done and rear spoiler and grill on my roomy its about 10.00 per part

look on there site its showing whot there do

is this the same place doing the headlight tints

Had 15mins to kill so I tried to wrap one of the side air-vents with a pattern that I saw from Avery which I quite liked. I bought a really small piece just for this test.

Very easy to apply and very flexible when heated up. I still need to spend more time to master removing all air bubbles out and wrapping the edges without creases. It is a lot of fun and I quite like the look of the vent now.

img20110825175640.jpg

aaaaayze.jpg

That looks really smart :)

Is this similar to the MATTED look that seems to be popping up on cars from Porsches to pandas? I was talking to someone who liked this look (?) but was put off by the cost. Told me it was about 300 beer tokens. I thought that was good for a full car, if I wanted it, I would have ripped their arm off for that price! :S

Most cars that come like that from the factory are painted with matt paint fiat 500, bmw m3 etc... although some are wrapped like the focus rs500.

Apparantly the paint is a pain in the arse to maintain aswell.

Finally id be wary of a £300 wrap...

Guy that did my tints on the Passat does wrapping at a very high quality. He's done a lot of wrapping to very expensive gear, there is a Nissan GTR that drives around locally that has a full body wrap and it looks awesome in on the road.

Expect to pay a little more than £300 though. :giggle:

http://www.pwpro.co.uk/cars/?portfolio=nissan-gtr-wrap

http://www.pwpro.co.uk/cars/?portfolio=evo-viii-full-wrap

And forget matt black or carbon what about changing your old blue ferrari to a new white look using wrap?

http://www.pwpro.co.uk/cars/?portfolio=ferarri-360-modena

Spot my white Passat in the VW section

http://www.pwpro.co.uk/cars/?portfolio=volkswagen

One or two Skoda's he has tinted, he does tints for Rainworth Skoda.

http://www.pwpro.co.uk/cars/?portfolio=skoda

Cheers

Lee

Edited by logiclee