Avoid on eBay....

Sy.

Jonnyintergrale

Absolutely shocking service. Ordered a part, it never arrived and I get loads of abuse saying hope you enjoy the item etc

Sells quite a bit of fabia stuff and I'd say it's quite overpriced too.

No doubt people on here have dealt with him in the past,

I'm disgusted

I paid £5.95 for a small item and it never came, he said he never put recorded delivery on it neither.

Some of his emails to me:

HELLO

WELL WELL WELL DISREGARD MY LAST MESSAGE YOU HAVE NOW SHOWN YOUR TRUE COLOURS YET ANOTHER EBAY LUNATIC WHO HASN'T GOT A BLOODY CLUE

YOU NEVER NEVER EVER GIVE FEEDBACK UNTIL A TRANSACTION IS COMPLETE YOU NEVER RECEIVED YOUR ITEM SO YOU SAY SO WHY LEAVE FEEDBACK

I SUGGEST YOU REMOVE YOUR FEEDBACK PRONTO

I WILL GIVE YOU 2 DAYS TO DO IT

AS FOR YOUR REFUND I AM LETTING EBAY DEAL WITH IT SIMPLY BECUASE YOUR HAVE BEEN A TOTAL TIT

SEEMS HOW ALL MY OTHER FEEDBACK IS THE TOTAL OPPOSITE OF YOURS I WILL NOW COUNTER YOUR FEEDBACK TO LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED

GOOD DAY

XXX

And

excellent everyone knows what you really happened now

hope the part was up to your expectations

HAPPY EBAYING !!

I do agree with the feedback bit, I always wait until the case has been settled by eBay and money has been returned (only happen on a couple of occasions in well over 500 transactions) the post office DO loose things which is why I ALWAYS get proof of postage or recorded delivery.

Forward the message he sent to eBay and you will be refunded, it's just a bloody hassle doing it and is not a quick process. :thumbdown:

Sy your rage is palpable, however:

Is it possible that vendor may well have sent the item but that it was lost in transit?

Did you allow a reasonable amount of time for a replacement part to be sent after you notified the vendor of non-receipt?

Did you pay extra for recorded delivery or was it offered, it is very unusual for such inexpensive items to be sent by recorded delivery?

I agree the communication from the vendor is sub-literate and inflammatory but you should be used to that by now as an active member of these fora :p

I'm personally uncomfortable with you seeking revenge for an ebay neg through the medium of this forum, especially when the problem seemed avoidable and the amount of money involved so trivial.

/SY_RAGE

No just me then. I let 14 working days go by until I got a little mad.

Then he accuses me of already having the item. Hence the negative. I will just claw my money back via paypal.

Just don't want anyone else falling victim.

Lol at the sy rage. eBay ****es me off though. Every ebayer with half a brain should send registered post/ courier.

Every ebayer with half a brain should send registered post/ courier.

Sorry but I disagree, it all comes down to the value of the item being sent.

I have recently sent an item out that cost £1.72 to post (2nd class) the value of the item? £2.50, so when the postage is coming to more than the value of the item it would be mad to use registered post - BUT ALWAYS get proof of postage!!

Yes I meant on goods totaling £50ish or more.

Royal mail sucks eggs, I needed my item dam you

Then yes I agree you need registered/proof of delivery with a signature for anything of a decent value.

I thought the £5.95 was for the item not the postage:

I paid £5.95 for a small item and it never came, he said he never put recorded delivery on it neither.

I purchased an air con pump from him which was damaged, must have come from a front ended car. It therefore did not work, however he did give me a refund minus my original postal charges. I also purchased a door card which delivered with no problems. Not the best nor the worst Ebay seller.

He is a member on this forum as well, but got in trouble I think as he looked to be breaking skodas, or at least fabias, for a business rather than just a sole car / freedom member thing that we do allow as a one-off. I have to admit to getting a couple of bits off him with no hassle, but clearly it can happen.

Was wanting some vent fascias from this chap, again really really rude emails. wanted a stupid amount for postage as well, I told him were to jog on to!

Lol it's like everyone is against him when it comes to emails etc always on the defensive and not really helpfully.

I wish him well I truly do......

Not

I've seen many parts listed by that seller majority of which are well overpriced.

Regarding postage I always send thing recorded so it can be tracked !

Have you asked the seller for proof of postage ? Scan of the reciept ?

I've had mixed dealing with him. I live about 1 mile from him. When I needed a new front grill urgently, he was fast, efficient and helpful when I collected form his house.

I recently contacted him for some dash vents, he was unwilling to haggle and wanted what I thought was a ridiculous amount for them, telling me that he could "sell them for x amount all day long", which I'm sure was more than the main dealers would charge.

I reckon he knows he's in a niche market breaking VRS' and prices accordingly, however, if it was me, I'd price things a little lower to move them on quicker, afterall, it's better to sell lots of reduced stuff than NO expensive stuff.

If anyone wanted to buy anything off him, for a small fee to cover my travel and time (a couple of squid), I MAY be willing to collect from him with cash and post the item to you myself.

Hope this helps.

Tim

I had similar negative experiences when enquiring about a part from him (small item) and he boasted to me about 'selling to ebay tits at double the price they would pay from the dealers'. He told me he looks how much they are new and adds a premium on because people don't look how much they are new.

My advice is check skodaparts.co.uk for bits, or buy from anyone but him!