Brake Fluid

Would a Gunson Eezibleed work? As that tops up the fluid (so long as you top up fluid in the eezibleed's tank) you should have no issues with ABS. Also no issues with potentially knackering the master cylinder seals due to pushing the pedal past normal travel. Been planning to do mine a while and was going to use the Eezibleed.

Guest BigJase88

i used a flexi hose that fitted the bleed nipple and an empty bottle of coke and a lump of wood under the brake pedal so i didnt screw the seals on the master cylinder, proper pikey haha

Edited by BigJase88

Give all 4 wheels a few pumps on the brake pedal, or/ until fluid runs clear, then nip bleed nipple up (but not too tight)

Brake fluid DOT 4 as other members agree, 1 Litre (about £5.00) should be more than enough ( if system has been bled every 2 year period).

Yeah but only press brake pedal half way down ;)

What's wrong with using the 2-man 'basic' method (apart from having to have 2 people, that is)?

Why shouldn't you press the pedal fully if all the piston is doing is pushing fluid out in the right direction?

I've always bled my brakes on the vRS (and all the other cars I've owned over the years - most with ABS) and never had a problem.

Am I just lucky?

Guest BigJase88

Hey dont shoot the messenger

I have been told on here that it can knacker the seals in the master cylinder.....

Pretty sure someone will be along to confirm this

(p.s i put the pedal to the floor too but got a telling off ;) )

Yes, if the master cylinder moves more than it's regular travel which it will it can damage seals due to wear.

A gunsons EZ bleed will avoid all this.

Have bled mine twice in four years, with a two person team, no problem yet.emoticon-0145-shake.gif

You can hardly damage the seals through wear, given its only done once every two years??emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

If damage through wear were to take place it would happen earlier with the seals given the times the foot-brake is used each time car is driven.emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

I believe the concept is.... You use the brakes normally and the pedal will only travel so far. The piston, therefore, never slides over part of the bore in normal use. This part of the bore can become slightly corroded/uneven, then when you bleed your brakes and slide your seals over this it introduces enough wear to cause leaks. I managed to do it to my Favorit when I bled the brakes on that.