Show us your winter wheels

Interesting that Czech Skoda recommend 91H - aren't Scouts supposed to be a 94 load rating?

Yep, but you are allowed to drop a rating for winter tyres I believe (or is that just the speed rating) anyway I have 205/55/16 94V fitted as my winters so shouldn't have any problems there (have been using 98W for summers!)

Standard tyres fitted have a 94 load rating, but sure the factory spare is only a 91.

Normally is just that tyres of a given size are only available in that load rating, which is why the vRS comes with a 92 load rating on the standard summer wheels as 91 is not available from many manufacturers. 91 is normally plenty for most family cars.

Standard tyres fitted have a 94 load rating, but sure the factory spare is only a 91.

I guess that's why it's recommended no more than 50 mph on spare then.

The spare is simply fitted with the same tyre as those octys that have 16" as standard.

To save all the buggeration and head scratching, rightly or wrongly I dug deep in my pocket and have just fitted this weekend a full set of Michelin Pilot Alpin's on my VRS, 225/40R18. Look smart and I still get to run on my standard alloys!

I guess that's why it's recommended no more than 50 mph on spare then.

The spare is simply fitted with the same tyre as those octys that have 16" as standard.

I think the 50mph max is stamped on it as in case you use it as a spare on a car where the three other wheels are a different size or tyre profile, since when high speed braking or cornering having a mix of tyre/wheel types may cause unexpected handling.

From what others have said when you order the Skoda recommended winter steels from your dealer you will get what is essentially the standard spare but without the 50mph sticker on it and the load rating would be 91 on the tyre.

Not an Octavia granted, but I fitted our sets of winter wheels and tyres today:

Audi BBS 'Abitos'? winter wheels (7"x16" ET42)

DSC01386.jpg

Audi A6 5 spokes (7"x16" ET45) fitted to SWMBO's Golf - these were my 'old' winter tyres and wheels that I fitted to the Superb last year:

DSC01388.jpg

Fitted to the Superb (when Baker21 detailed the car):

DSC09089.jpg

Snap, same style, 6.5Jx16 ET50 too, don't have a pic though as they are not on yet, but will look very similar to your pic!

I have some large Skoda stickers that cover the Audi 'rings', will have to see if they look ok when on or I'll be peeling them off again!

Double snap. I got the A3 ones with Conti Winter tyres for £277, which I thought was reasonable. I have ordered new wheel badges and like a lot of you am waiting for consistently cold temps to switch the Neptunes and get them tidied up. They were unmarked until the MOT guy dropped them on their faces whilst servicing the calipers and

damaged the laquer. Thinking of black and grey or black and silver.

Not an Octavia granted, but I fitted our sets of winter wheels and tyres today:

Audi BBS 'Abitos'? winter wheels (7"x16" ET42)

Audi A6 5 spokes (7"x16" ET45) fitted to SWMBO's Golf - these were my 'old' winter tyres and wheels that I fitted to the Superb last year:

DSC01388.jpg

Is it the pic or is that rear door a different shade? Those new wheels on the superb look great btw :thumbup:

Just fitted winter wheels and tyres yesterday figured i wanted to get them on before the temp drops drastically.

Car feels pretty decent just a little softer than normal. Now you can all feel safe in the knowledge we will get

no snow this year as sods law now comes into force.:)

I've had a bit of a disaster sorting out my winter wheels...

I finally got some older Audi A4 wheels from Gumtree after watching various set go for silly money on ebay. I fitted them to the car to make sure they ran ok prior to fitting the winter tyres. I had heard horror stories of buckled alloys, so wanted to be sure. Due to lack of space the winter tyres had been stored at the in-laws and wor lass was visiting so took the car down to get them fitted. (the summer wheels in the boot)

Wor lass returns with the car and its still wearing its summer wheels....with the winter tyres on. There was a misundertanding and they simply removed the "winter alloys" from the car and fitted the winters to the summer wheels. Basically i'm no further forward!!!! :S Fortunately they gave me my summer Michelins back or it would have been a real kick in the teeth

ive gone for hankook icebear 3000... how can you not love a name like that!

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=9497309.110.23021&typ=R-133219&ranzahl=4&Breite=225&Quer=40&Felge=18&weiter=0&last_sort=preis&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=50&sort_by=preis&Transport=P&F_F=1&dsco=110&sowigan=Wi

seem to get good ratings across the board (see link) and blackcircles are giving 25% of them at the moment so 4 x 225/40/18 on the OEM rims £440 fitted.

Fellow member Jeep has done an interesting twist on the steel winter wheel theme you can see here:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/220498-making-t5-centre-caps-stay-put/

Not only did he paint the wheels silver (like I did as well) he also painted the centre caps silver which should look pretty neat on an Octavia I should think.

My-Yeti.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

:thumbup: They look the business!

Just put mine on the Scout tonight. Good old black steels. Can't help thinking silver with the centre cap would look much better! Might break out the pray can in spring!

Break out the "pray" can? You hoping the church will come along and paint them for you? Lol

Any one has part number for those centre caps? I have Skoda steels 16" on Scout will these fit?

Cheers.

See post #39 in this thread:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/217147-black-winter-wheels-finally-going-silver/

DON'T get VW T5 caps as they are for 5x120 studs. Only get VW Caddy centre caps that are 5x112 and will fit the steel wheels on your Scout.