Show us your winter wheels

Not exactly.

I dont wnat my car looking pants when i can retain its looks for the same money. I dont want my car to look like a skateboard. I also dont want others to think it looks pants either but this is almost insignificant compared to the fact that i dont want it to look any more pants than it needs to. I dont care what others think but i would rather they liked my car rather than thinking it looked underwheeled. If they hate it fine but i think everyone would prefer their car to be admired but it certainly doesnt "worry " me if they dont.

If money is you main consideration then dont buy winter tyres and wheels in the first place. If you dont care about the look of your car then why have a VRS in the first place as a lot of the money spent on the VRS is attributed to the bigger wheels and bodykit etc? You picked a more aggressive styled model of car as you wanted it and you like the way it looks so you obvioulsy care enough about its appearance so why then spoil it unecessarily?

I think you have a big issue with what other people think.

How can you also say it costs the same money?

It would cost be around £600 to get 4 x 18inch winter tyres. Then twice a year i would have to pay at least £40 each time they needed swapping over.

I would have gone for steelies but i managed to get a set of alloys with Tyres already on that were nearly new for £300. This will be the 3rd winter they have gone on the car leaving me £420 up on what you are saying costs the same. Then when i do need new tyres it will cost me less than £300 for a new set, again another £300 saved over your 18's.

I bought a VRS not just because of the looks but because i wanted a 170bhp diesel with DSG and paddle shift.

On top of this, i have already explained the other reasons why its best to have another set of wheels.

• Like 1

I think you have a big issue with what other people think.

How can you also say it costs the same money?

It would cost be around £600 to get 4 x 18inch winter tyres. Then twice a year i would have to pay at least £40 each time they needed swapping over.

I would have gone for steelies but i managed to get a set of alloys with Tyres already on that were nearly new for £300. This will be the 3rd winter they have gone on the car leaving me £420 up on what you are saying costs the same. Then when i do need new tyres it will cost me less than £300 for a new set, again another £300 saved over your 18's.

I bought a VRS not just because of the looks but because i wanted a 170bhp diesel with DSG and paddle shift.

On top of this, i have already explained the other reasons why its best to have another set of wheels.

"I think you have a big issue with what other people think."

LMAO. Hardly. Settle down. If you prefer small alloys then thats fine. I think they make the car look terrible. You can get winters for 18" wheels for a lot less than £600 but that wasnt my main point.

Its not a big deal but the point of the thread was to show and discuss different wheel options hence why i shared my opinion. I think the majority of people would agree smaller wheels dont look so good so its hardly a contraversial opinion is it.

No need to get all defensive as this just shows you have problems with what other people think. I dont like small alloys on a car thats supposed to have big alloys. Small steel wheels looks better in my opinion. Thats all i have ever said so try and not get too annoyed or worked up about it.

I thought the point of this thread was to post pics of winter wheels to guide others in their purchases.

All valid points above but I've posted pics of my car - which someone said they didn't like - and I'd like to see what other people's cars look like in various forms too.

Who's next?!

• Like 1

I thought the point of this thread was to post pics of winter wheels to guide others in their purchases.

All valid points above but I've posted pics of my car - which someone said they didn't like - and I'd like to see what other people's cars look like in various forms too.

Who's next?!

Thats all i have ever said so try and not get too annoyed or worked up about it.

It's not what you say, it's your attitude people take issue with I think.

I put 16" alloys on my vRS last winter, plenty of pictures on this thread. Did it look good? Not really. Did I care? Not really. It was for 3 months. It made more financial sense to buy the 16" alloys and 16" tyres than 18" winter tyres. Also, in the snow and icey weather there's a greater risk of sliding into curbs and damaging the 18" alloys. The 16" alloys were less likely to curb anyway due to the bigger profile tyres but I wouldn't have been that bothered anyway as they were a tool for a job.

Sorry for the photo. It's dark and the car is filthy as I just done 500kms on Irish country roads. 17" Pegasus with Federal Himalaya WS1

Tapatalk'd from my HTC SXE Beats

post-22824-1353012134927_thumb.jpg

It's not what you say, it's your attitude people take issue with I think.

Well thankjfully its not for you to decide as i have not displayed any attitude merely expressed my opinion. Some people just cant take criticism and if so then dont post pictures of your wheels if you only want to hear compliments. Cant see why its such a big deal. Accept i dont like them and move on. Others obviously do like them and that is generally how it works in the real world i.e a difference of opinions. Dont confuse that with "attitude".

Well thankjfully its not for you to decide as i have not displayed any attitude merely expressed my opinion. Some people just cant take criticism and if so then dont post pictures of your wheels if you only want to hear compliments. Cant see why its such a big deal. Accept i dont like them and move on. Others obviously do like them and that is generally how it works in the real world i.e a difference of opinions. Dont confuse that with "attitude".

Thank you for proving my point. Shall we get back on topic?

LMAO. Hardly. Settle down. If you prefer small alloys then thats fine. I think they make the car look terrible. You can get winters for 18" wheels for a lot less than £600 but that wasnt my main point.

FWIW my Goodyear winters are 18" and were £740 quid.

Yes I know it would have been cheaper to buy a set of 16" winters on steels lol..!

FWIW my Goodyear winters are 18" and were £740 quid.

Yes I know it would have been cheaper to buy a set of 16" winters on steels lol..!

My work mate got his winter tyres to fit his original M-sport BMW 3 series rims for £540. I paid the same for my smaller ones on steelies. The only difference were mine were run flats and his werent. We both bought these last year. His car looked better than mine when his were on.

post-8144-0-47001400-1353062321_thumb.jpg

Identity crisis moi?

So the TT's running on Scout wheels (with Audi centre caps to preserve the nice Skoda ones!), and the Scout is back on its 18“ Zeniths with handy 245/45 off-road rubber.

Although its great in the snow and fine in winter, I'm toying with fitting some 175/80 R 16 Michelin XC4S for £60 each on cheap alloys. Calculations suggest they should just fit, bite through snow, and provoke a response here.

I just love the smell of new rubber....

Haha, very good :)

Skoda hubcaps are available you know ;)

I paid £60 for the steel wheels that came with those hub caps, they already had summer tyres on which I sold for £40! :D

here's my scout in the condition that every scout should be in - nice and muddy. 16" Audi A4 wheels from ebay

About 10 miles after this pic managed to punch a stone through one of the rear tyres :(

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

• Like 1

here's my scout in the condition that every scout should be in - nice and muddy. 16" Audi A4 wheels from ebay

About 10 miles after this pic managed to punch a stone through one of the rear tyres :(

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

These are a popular choice for winter wheels and look good on the Scout. I had these on my vRS and looked alright although a bit small.

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

What mud flaps have you got on that, I've always fancied some but Skoda don't do them for the Scout.

I think it looks great, especially with all that mud on it. Perhaps needs the roof rails toning down with a bit of mud too as they look a bit bright without the wheels to compensate. (Just pulling your leg as mine are black).

Particularly like the way its sitting off the clean tarmac subtly reinforcing the off-road credentials. I also don't think it looks underwheeled- just purposeful.

What mud flaps have you got on that, I've always fancied some but Skoda don't do them for the Scout.

lol does it look like they are effective in the pics :giggle:. As said that's how it should look though, proper work horse!