Features: V10

TPD: 2011070026

SVD: EDB_20110722ICON

TMC: 20110524

Phoneme: yes

DBAL: V5.25 V6.36 V7.27 V8.130

35n0xau.png

From the dealer.

Perhaps a daft question, but are these chargeable via the dealer to everyone? i.e. if you're within warranty perhaps, could you get access to these?

(asking on behalf of a Scirocco owning friend, with nav :D)

Perhaps a daft question, but are these chargeable via the dealer to everyone? i.e. if you're within warranty perhaps, could you get access to these?

(asking on behalf of a Scirocco owning friend, with nav :D)

In the past I've been told anyone can buy them - they will sell to anyone.

If you are trading in an old version of the maps you get a large discount.

Can't remember how much discount, but I remember my V5 to V6 upgrade wasn't too bad.

I got the V7.1 maps with my new car, so I'm hoping the upgrade to V8 won't be to much.

He was just wondering if he could get a free upgrade from v7 to v8 I think :D

From what I've been told - dealers will install versions for free but if you want to keep the disk they charge.

As I got a physical disk with my car and as I sometimes mess around with firmware versions (sometimes accidentally deleting the maps) I like to have the physical media.

Are the updated post codes included??? will there be any battery drain issues????

I changed my can gateway so that version 7 could be installed so hopefully V8 will also

Just wonder if the speed cameras are included this time??????

No version yet has included speed cameras so I doubt V8 will be any different.

I've never had any desire for them myself - I prefer general observation over "being told" any day of the week :)

No version yet has included speed cameras so I doubt V8 will be any different.

I've never had any desire for them myself - I prefer general observation over "being told" any day of the week :)

General observation isn't enough sometimes, especially with some of the sneakier installations out there. Origin B2 / Pogo Alert has saved my license on a number of occasions :-) Don't see the point of alerts or speed marking on the Columbus - you need to take your eyes off the road because the info isn't available on thr Maxidot.

Volume: CD_7707

Date: 30.9.2011

db: EU(2010Q4)

Area: West Europe V8

Subarea: West

Supplier: Navteq

Version: 505.20.048.6.84

Customer Version: V8

Customer: 1627386945

Customer Info: VW

Features: V10

TPD: 2011070026

SVD: EDB_20110722ICON

TMC: 20110927

Phoneme: Navteq

DBAL: V5.25 V6.36 V7.27 V8.130

There seems to be another V8 version for western europe.

I have added the Pocket GPS gatso and red light camera's to my V8 disk with Pimp-my-Nav, the original version is as listed by cEPI in the first post.

Got to be an easier way to add POI/ OV2 files than recompiling the disk though.

I use POInspec0r to create a .db3 file with the pocketgpsworld data in, and copy the personalpoi.db3 file to an SD card, and then just import it using the latest firmware. No need to recompile any disks, when you update the cams simply reimport to the Columbus, the whole process takes less than 5 mins.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lucuk3t63fv5xeu/PersonalPOI_Quick_Start_Guide_v1.0.pdf

I use POInspec0r to create a .db3 file with the pocketgpsworld data in, and copy the personalpoi.db3 file to an SD card, and then just import it using the latest firmware. No need to recompile any disks, when you update the cams simply reimport to the Columbus, the whole process takes less than 5 mins.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lucuk3t63fv5xeu/PersonalPOI_Quick_Start_Guide_v1.0.pdf

Well, I have to say that worked like a charm. On the way home on the train, I made the donation and then downloaded some custom icons, built the database and when I got home an hour or so ago imported it onto the Columbus using the SD card and it worked perfectly.

My Columbus is an "A" H11 Hardware and after flashing the 3984 firmware it's magically a "B". Everything works, partitions created, maps imported and POI's in place.

Top Banana

(Wonder if I can get a refund on Pimp-My-Nav) LOL

Well, I have to say that worked like a charm. On the way home on the train, I made the donation and then downloaded some custom icons, built the database and when I got home an hour or so ago imported it onto the Columbus using the SD card and it worked perfectly.

My Columbus is an "A" H11 Hardware and after flashing the 3984 firmware it's magically a "B". Everything works, partitions created, maps imported and POI's in place.

Top Banana

(Wonder if I can get a refund on Pimp-My-Nav) LOL

Just about to do the same - POInspect0r makes it easy and it now does batch updates so you can refresh the source files and rebuild the database with a couple of mouse clicks. All we need now is a firmware update that does audible alerts for speedcams.....

Just about to do the same - POInspect0r makes it easy and it now does batch updates so you can refresh the source files and rebuild the database with a couple of mouse clicks. All we need now is a firmware update that does audible alerts for speedcams.....

Hi everyone

Rather than start a new thread thought I would put the question here.

I have v7 maps at the moment on firmware 2720 I think.

Is it worth upgrading firmware to the 38** one before I go to the dealers to upgrade to v8 maps.

My local dealer won't upgrade the maps for free so looks like a fee to pay there.

Have others had local dealers do the map upgrade for free?

Cheers

The POI database formats are different between 2xxx and 3xxx firmware.

The v8 maps include both databases, so you don't need to upgrade.

Depending which 3xxx firmware you load though it will format your HDD so you will lose all your maps and mp3s. It creates a 3rd partition for POIs so you end up with less space for mp3s with the 3xxx firmware.

Thanks for the reply.

I have had the car for about 15 months so thats probbaly why the wont do it for free. However done mind paying a little to get upto dateish maps.

is there really any point in changing firmware. What extra do I get?

I sorest have full postcode entry though a long winded process is this any better with 38**?

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody,

I have copied speed cameras into POInspect0r successfully BUT I cannot seem to obtain the different red icons. I just see the name General which is a yellow icon.

Any thoughts folk.

Regards