Yeti owners - Thanks

idrubie

Thank you to all the Yeti owners who have given me help and advice in the time I've been here. I am off now never to return.

Ian

with a lot of others after this all the best

I would like to add my thanks to all the Yeti members. This has been a great forum, very supportive and friendly.

i no longer wish to be involved with moderators who think they must reorganise the Yeti section to the COMPLETE DETRIMENT of this very useful and informative part of Briskoda.

Goodbye to all.

Mike.

PS I hope some of you can read this before it is moved into oblivion.

I would like to add my thanks to all the Yeti members. This has been a great forum, very supportive and friendly.

i no longer wish to be involved with moderators who think they must reorganise the Yeti section to the COMPLETE DETRIMENT of this very useful and informative part of Briskoda.

Goodbye to all.

Mike.

PS I hope some of you can read this before it is moved into oblivion.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/217422-remember-to-highlight-your-talking-about-yetis/page__view__findpost__p__2560139

I note your comments and the fact that, as soon as you made them, You LOCKED the thread - typical of the self centered, dictatorial attitude that has ruined the Yeti section.

WHY DID YOU NOT ASK US WHAT WE WANTED? We would have been pleased to discuss the options. But NO.

Obviously you think the members need to be bullied into submission.

Well not any more.

It's a sad day when other members refuse to integrate with others on here by posting in the correct forums.

wake up and smell the coffee.... there is a LOT more to Briskoda than any individual model sub forum, try it you never know you may even like it, granted humans as a whole do not like change, but after a while this will pass everyone falls in line and carries on until the next change they don't agree with :giggle:

Non of that is aimed at ANY particular Yeti owner including the OP (who i have met and thought was a nice normal guy :thumbup: ) however ANY owners (of ANY model - not just Yeti's) who think they are better than anyone else and therefore refuse to mix with the rest of the forum then Briskoda will probably be a better place without them.

Please close the door when you leave as it's getting a bit chilly at night now.

image003.gif

I note your comments and the fact that, as soon as you made them, You LOCKED the thread - typical of the self centered, dictatorial attitude that has ruined the Yeti section.

The thread was going round and round in circles and going nowhere, likewise all the new threads that keep popping up the same few beating the same old drum is not helping?

Before long I can see a few members being banned ... before they choose to leave.

If you don't like the rules and refuse to adere to them then LEAVE and set up your own forum - or join a French one ... they seem to ignore any rules imposed on them as well ...... you are not French are you by any chance??? :giggle:

WHY DID YOU NOT ASK US WHAT WE WANTED? We would have been pleased to discuss the options. But NO.

Well not any more.

WHY did you simply not follow the rules? do you think just because you own a Yeti they do not apply to you :giggle:

Well not any more.

Have we not had enough moans yet?

When it is your name above the door you can demand all you like. Threads have been locked to end this ****, but you seem to still be wanting to argue to the very last.

So here's the rub. If you don't like being treated the SAME as the rest of the forum, then you have the option of leaving. Staff won't be changing things and folk who want to complain can pm ColinD or email [email protected].

ANYONE who's intent is to carry on this leave us the way we were crap will have such posts locked and removed.

Sorry to be blunt, but you've had enough explanations on this over the last day and in the post above why it seems like a crack down.

We're.not explaining again!!!!

Thank God I got my Yeti on Wednesday just before He moved my forum to hell. Such a shame to see near neighbours, dare I call them friends, Terfyn and Llanigraham so put out that they feel they need to leave. Plus an owner... ooops meant to say YETI owner, from Norway too. Perhaps the whole world will rebel against non-democratic dictatorships. Perhaps it already has.

Now to riddle the fire some more. When Skoda came up with the YETI they created a car that stood out from everything that had gone before. It attracted different people to the brand who may not have ever considered a Skoda before. They researched it, found Briskoda had a YETI forum and joined. I cannot see why the moderators here feel that YETI owners would want to know much about, say, the Felicia (sp?). A community built up, possibly in an slightly independent way, which now appears to be being torn apart. What a great shame.

PS I realise that some will see my name and expect a one line troll, or just a +1 or even only an emoticon; there you go.

PPS My registration number is SMl2 345. Only the initials have been changed!

:'(

Thank God I got my Yeti on Wednesday just before He moved my forum to hell. Such a shame to see near neighbours, dare I call them friends, Terfyn and Llanigraham so put out that they feel they need to leave. Plus an owner... ooops meant to say YETI owner, from Norway too. Perhaps the whole world will rebel against non-democratic dictatorships. Perhaps it already has.

Now to riddle the fire some more. When Skoda came up with the YETI they created a car that stood out from everything that had gone before. It attracted different people to the brand who may not have ever considered a Skoda before. They researched it, found Briskoda had a YETI forum and joined. I cannot see why the moderators here feel that YETI owners would want to know much about, say, the Felicia (sp?). A community built up, possibly in an slightly independent way, which now appears to be being torn apart. What a great shame.

PS I realise that some will see my name and expect a one line troll, or just a +1 or even only an emoticon; there you go.

PPS My registration number is SMl2 345. Only the initials have been changed!

:'(

Actually as a skoda owner for over twenty years I can say that when they created the Octavia fabia and superb they attracted whole new groups that wouldn't have been seen dead in a skoda before. None of this is new really

when they created the Octavia fabia and superb they attracted whole new groups that wouldn't have been seen dead in a skoda before. None of this is new really

+1

Before the Octavia i would never of owned a Skoda!

I actually moved from many years of owning several BMW's to buy my MKI Octavia Elegance :thumbup:

image003.gif

COMPLAINT

Please PLEASE, PLEASE,

Can a Moderator remove unnecessary remarks such as the above - it's not big, it's not clever and it can only provoke bad feeling!

Bad feeling for who? those that join then complain that the rules should not apply to them??

If you want to quote me then FFS quote ALL OF the reliant post rather than bit you do not like, I have highlighted it if you did not read it :dull:

Non of that is aimed at ANY particular Yeti owner including the OP (who i have met and thought was a nice normal guy :thumbup: ) however ANY owners (of ANY model - not just Yeti's) who think they are better than anyone else and therefore refuse to mix with the rest of the forum then Briskoda will probably be a better place without them.

image003.gif

Just like the wide world out there not all people can mix with just everyone. You need a mutual connection and then a community will grow. Yes having a Skoda has brought us all to this forum and within we found sub-communities. That is just normal and natural. The site rules do not stipulate that every member has to go to at least one local meet of another model in the Skoda stable... That would be daft! So this argument about model XXXX people not going to model XXXX meets holds no water. And to be frank has little to do with the greater issues here. The owner demographic of all the models are totally different and that can also not be changed.

Mods need to do the thankless job they do. I thank them for that. Without housekeeping something like Briskoda won't exist for long. So please lets just forget about how some of the housekeeping was done. We know it was not done maliciously and as has been pointed out to me numerous times now it is an ongoing process and that is why none of this housekeeping had been done to the other folders yet. It has now happened so lets just all chill out a bit and come back when tempers have calmed down.

Just like the wide world out there not all people can mix with just everyone. You need a mutual connection and then a community will grow. Yes having a Skoda has brought us all to this forum and within we found sub-communities. That is just normal and natural. The site rules do not stipulate that every member has to go to at least one local meet of another model in the Skoda stable... That would be daft! So this argument about model XXXX people not going to model XXXX meets holds no water. And to be frank has little to do with the greater issues here. The owner demographic of all the models are totally different and that can also not be changed.

Mods need to do the thankless job they do. I thank them for that. Without housekeeping something like Briskoda won't exist for long. So please lets just forget about how some of the housekeeping was done. We know it was not done maliciously and as has been pointed out to me numerous times now it is an ongoing process and that is why none of this housekeeping had been done to the other folders yet. It has now happened so lets just all chill out a bit and come back when tempers have calmed down.

I'm interested in what your perception is of the Skoda range owner demographics.

+1. I throw my weight behind Johann's very sound comments.

John

I'm interested in what your perception is of the Skoda range owner demographics.

The general perception is that the average Yeti owner is older and retired. The general perception is that the average Fabia owner is younger. As two examples. It is a total generalisation I know (I'm in my 30s by the way) but goes hand in hand with why different people have different requirements from blogs/meets/websites or whatever (in life). I'm trying to understand why things have gone so horribly wrong on here in the last day and why people are sniping at each other perhaps?

Lets just all chill out a bit guys. PLEASE.

Sniping - I don't know. But I can tell you why I'm unlikely to be here in future.

I spend too much time as it is on the net, mostly in conjunction with business. This forum seems to have now been reorganised such that if I want to keep abreast of all Yeti-relevant topics I'm now going to have to trawl through several other forums containing a lot of non-Yeti material. So just checking for useful posts is going to get more time-consuming and the signal-to-noise is going to take a serious turn for the worse to the point where it's likely to have crossed the boundary of it not being a worthwhile use of my time. Personal judgement I know, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

In a nutshell, I want a one-stop shop for a Yeti forum and it looks like that won't be possible here now.

Edited by prodata

Here here Johann, there is more to life than moaning about something changing which you were quite happy with before. I too was happy with the way the site worked and was a bit put out when the format of it changed, however I like most of the other human beings on this planet which have learnt to survive and live have realised that to do so one must change and adapt with the times and situation. I too have and found ways to navigate around the new format which suits me.

To those people who have decided to move on then I wish you farewell and good luck, to those of us who are staying then well done on having the adaptability to go with the change and move forward with Briskoda and make it the premier vehicle forum in the whole of the UK, neigh the world!

Ian

In a nutshell, I want a one-stop shop for a Yeti forum and it looks like that won't be possible here now.

We can all still have a one stop shop... Lets rather think constructively here please.

Ask yourself: if there will now be one section somewhere with all the tyre information in how can I find the Yeti bits I want? Ah I can't (at the moment). So perhaps we should suggest to the mods/ColinD that we want a better search facility. OR we can suggest that we tag each first post with the relevant tags. So if you go into this be all and end all tyre section you can just click the tags you want (eg Tyre, Winter, Yeti) and voila you have JUST the threads you are looking for and are interested in...

See, mud slinging won't help. Running away won't help. Rather think of ways we can make this great place better for ALL of us. Felicia, Fabia, Roomster, Octavia, Superb, Yeti folk and anyone that is on here.

Sniping - I don't know. But I can tell you why I'm unlikely to be here in future.

I spend too much time as it is on the net, mostly in conjunction with business. This forum seems to have now been reorganised such that if I want to keep abreast of all Yeti-relevant topics I'm now going to have to trawl through several other forums containing a lot of non-Yeti material. So just checking for useful posts is going to get more time-consuming and the signal-to-noise is going to take a serious turn for the worse to the point where it's likely to have crossed the boundary of it not being a worthwhile use of my time. Personal judgement I know, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

Shame you wish to go Prodata, I don't know about you but I can set a short-cut on my web browser which will take me directly to the appropriate forum, I currently have one for the Yeti and Octavia forums.

Ian

See, mud slinging won't help. Running away won't help. Rather think of ways we can make this great place better for ALL of us. Felicia, Fabia, Roomster, Octavia, Superb, Yeti folk and anyone that is on here.

you forgot the Citigo, Estelle and Favorit owners :giggle:

But seriously, well said, kind of what I have been saying too. Let's all calm down, take a deep breath and move on. :thumbup: