Visited Shark Performance today

many thanks indeed, Fluff - appreciate your effort

No problem mate, good luck with it, one thing to bear in mind is that mine is a saloon, I am not sure if the part numbers are different for the estate.

Hi Mate

I will have to ask Ben, because like an idiot I left the dyno print behind. I think, but could be wrong, it was over 300nm, but I could be wrong. We did not talk about the differences in any detail to be fair, all the spec's I have found look identical for the 152ps and the 160ps lump.

It's now making 8bhp more at the wheels, than it originally made at the crank, and after Ben applied a couple of tweaks it's really smooth, pulling hard to the red line when it needs to.

Every Skoda I have owned has been mapped, and this is certainly right up there at the top of the tree :)

Thanks for the reply. Id love to see a graph for it. :)

I got them from some dodgy bloke in a motorway service car park, I swapped something I had for them.

That's a coincidence. I got swapped something i had with a dodgy bloke in a motorway service carpark for something he had :p

Car looks great mate. Thinking of just going with KW Springs on the Assassin :thumbup:

That looks sweet :thumbup:

I didn't realise KW did lowering springs for the Superb.

Oh dear, it's seems like I might have to start wearing the modding hat again. My wife's gonna kill me… :D

The lowered superb looks really good, like the look a lot.

If I find that I can continue to keep the superb, then its something to look at in the future and a good excuse to pay another visit to Ben.

That looks sweet :thumbup:

I didn't realise KW did lowering springs for the Superb.

Oh dear, it's seems like I might have to start wearing the modding hat again. My wife's gonna kill me… :D

Yep I'm in the same boat! had my 140SE and 18TSi remaped by Ben, never looked back on both of them, thought the 18TSi was a bit "gutless" but now much better! good to see a Superb being remaped enjoy!

19" turbine wheels and springs hmmmmm......

Fluffmeister

Would you be willing to tell me who insures your Superb (by pm if you prefer)? I ask as my insurer wants £125 per year increase for the same mods you had done (actually minus the ARB). Off-putting increase.

Thank you

Stuart

• 1 month later...

Fluffmeister

Would you be willing to tell me who insures your Superb (by pm if you prefer)? I ask as my insurer wants £125 per year increase for the same mods you had done (actually minus the ARB). Off-putting increase.

Thank you

Stuart

Bit late coming back on this one, sorry. The car is insured with Ecar insurance, same company as Ebikes that I have my bike insurance with, it works for me and I get a good multi product discount.

Just thought I would add...

Racked up 3,000 miles since the suspension and rear Anti Roll Bar where fitted and I am still just as impressed as I was initially. There is a a slight harshness that's noticeable over badly pot holed or rutted roads, but the huge improvement in handling and agility more than compensate for this.

The Shark performance Stage 1 map is working beautifully to, with no adverse affect on fuel consumption, but no noticeable improvement (Due mainly to my use of the loud pedal) The huge slab or torque and extra 50 odd ponies are what I wanted, and it delivers in spades. It really is a superb (see what I did there) "drivers" map, very smooth, very progressive, holding power up to and into the red line when I have been playing.

I am loving the superb, and now it's lowered and handles well, I love it even more :)

The Battery was flat this week however after a week of leaving it parked up, got to get to the bottom of that one, and I have had to cure a couple of rattles from the glove box area myself because I can't spare the car for a day for the dealer to ride round and diagnose it. It turned out to be a rattling glove box latch, which was fixed with a a quick packing of grease .... no more rattle.

I have the latest columbus firmware so let's hope the battery drain is not related to that, I have a spare Optimate battery charger so have attached the fly leads to the superb battery and secured the plug behind the radiator grille, so when I am away and the car is standing I will just hook it up to the optimate to keep the battery topped up.

Hello fluff. I decided to get B8s and H&R 35mm lowering springs on my Octy with same engine as your car. Just had it done. Agreed - fantastically better handling but a little harsh on bad road surfaces. I entirely agree that it's worth it. Need to get to Shark now!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fluff. I decided to get B8s and H&R 35mm lowering springs on my Octy with same engine as your car. Just had it done. Agreed - fantastically better handling but a little harsh on bad road surfaces. I entirely agree that it's worth it. Need to get to Shark now!

Mafuta, Ben has been known to come to these shores, if you are interested perhaps we could share his ticket cost across as I need a Stage 2 map very soon!