Administration Fees

Skoda Torque

The great little Panda 4x4 isn't available in the UK anymore :'(

Saw a green and cream one the other day, I love the unique head and tail lights and chunky looks!

A true future classic in my eyes :thumbup:

My wife has a Panda 4x4 Cross: great little car. The new Panda comes to the UK next spring, and there will be a 4x4 version: we'll be in the market for one!

I have had a Skoda Yeti 140 Elegance 4x4 on order for 4 1/2 months and now, through Briskoda, have become aware of the Folding Front Passenger Seat option.

I asked if my order could be changed to include this option without affecting the anticipated delivery date of Jan 2012.

Positive reply - but on top of the Option cost of £100 have been quoted an additional £200 Admin Charge, which makes it a very expensive option!

Has anybody else had a similar experience please?

Thank you to all those who replied to my original query on Admin Fees.

To clarify, it is the supplying Dealer who is insisting on the Admin fee of £200 to change an order specification.

Whilst this can be considered by all Skoda Customers to be unfair, further investigation has revealed that the Dealer in question (who will remain namless) brought in this restriction because of previous Customers constantly changing their required specifications. This led to cars being supplied not to the expected "final" specification and constenation to all.

Given the high demand for Yetis and the long lead time, it is unrealistic to cancel the order - and of course it is not practical to fit this Factory option oneself.

So, whilst I continue to look forward to my new Yeti being delivered in, hopefully, January, it will not have the front folding seat option as at £100 plus £200 it is too expensive.

This seems ridiculous. Assuming you've gone direct with a dealer and not a broker you can just add something to the order very easily.

Charging an admin fee for adding on an option is totally wrong in my book and isn't what we Skoda dealers are about, it's simply customer service.

Assuming your order isn't status 20 or very close to that, it is a very simply process.

Open SLi, find your order, order modification, in the options box add in 'PHI', confirm, and it's done. If they won't do it for you without charging, ask them for your SLi order number, phone Skoda customer services on 08457 745 745, give them the SLi number and ask them to add it on and then get them to ring your dealer and tell them that you've added the 'load through backrest' to your Yeti.

It's so simple. Skoda should and need to hear about it this, it just doesn't seem right to me at all.

Thank you. I presume from that you took no offence at my comment.

Streuth! A happy and welcome outbreak of good humour and tolerance-that is the spirit of the forum in good health!

Back on topic...

I think an admin fee for a change like the folding seat is a liberty.

I'd be surprised to hear if this wasn't just a dealer taking the p.ss.

I've made changes before and never paid a penny other than for the option I was adding.

This seems ridiculous. Assuming you've gone direct with a dealer and not a broker you can just add something to the order very easily.

Charging an admin fee for adding on an option is totally wrong in my book and isn't what we Skoda dealers are about, it's simply customer service.

Assuming your order isn't status 20 or very close to that, it is a very simply process.

Open SLi, find your order, order modification, in the options box add in 'PHI', confirm, and it's done. If they won't do it for you without charging, ask them for your SLi order number, phone Skoda customer services on 08457 745 745, give them the SLi number and ask them to add it on and then get them to ring your dealer and tell them that you've added the 'load through backrest' to your Yeti.

It's so simple. Skoda should and need to hear about it this, it just doesn't seem right to me at all.

+1

Skoda Torque: I won't give up on this. Do as James suggests above at the very least!

Skoda Torque,

I agree with all the others have said. Your dealer is extracting the micheal and trying to make themselves a little "earner". If you don't wish to name and shame, could you at least tell us where you are? That way we might get a rough idea.

Merlin,

Oh go on then!! :giggle:

Take your order to another dealer, I'm sure it can be re processed by someone else without needing to be reordered. Your paying the dealer for the sale, its not like there doing you a favour!

I agree with all about your order, call in and tell them you have had advice from another dealer saying that providing the order is not status 20 then modification of the order is a matter of a few ticks in a box. If they still won't do it then ask for the SLi number and call Skoda UK. If they won't give you the SLi number then call skoda UK and complain about the dealer and ask if the order can be transferred to another dealer. I'm sure the helpful James at Allams will be only too pleased to help you obtain your Yeti. You can then have the pleasure of driving it back home. Can we take it from your location that the dealer has branches in Newton Abbot and Plymouth!

Ian

Edited by countryboy