Flashing red light on drivers door

Hi everybody,

Need a little help please! Can anybody tell me why my car locks as normal but the red light on the drivers door has stopped flashing?. Its a octavia vrs diesel 2007. Many thanks in advance!!! :doh:

Edited by lbonniebell

It should flash constantly once the doors are locked and the immobiliser is activated. It may be that the bulb has gone or possibly dropped out of it's holder. I had to have a door card replaced following a break in and they forgot to relocate it. It took 2 minutes to sort out.

No, he's asking for advice, if the best you have is telling him to go to a garage then may be you shouldn't have bothered.

+1.

Help the OP out or don't bother!!

• Like 1

I think I've worked it out. It's broken. Needs fixing. Try a garage.

Come on chaps--this guy is 'avin a larf.

Thanks for your input!! Genius!!! Much appreciated!

Edited by lbonniebell

It's an LED rather than a bulb. LED's do last much, much longer so I really don't think it will be the light itself that has failed?

By the look of it the small plastic ring around the LED is what holds it onto the door card; my guess would be that if you could get something underneath it then it will simply pull up and out. If not you will need to remove the door card.

I think there is a fault with the alarm rather than the light. As mentioned above the LED flashes in different ways to tell you if there is a fault, having the light go out completely is a new one on me!

Try opening all the windows and locking the car. Leave it 30 seconds and wave you hand inside the car, if the alarm sounds then you can eliminate the interior sensors and siren.

Thanks everyone. Will have a root around if it stops raining!!!

One more question, When will skoda make some rear mudflaps for the Vrs?????

Standard ones fit, you just need to make a new hole for one of the fixings into the wheel arch liner but they come with self tapping screws anyway so you can just screw straight in. Took me longer to take off the rear wheels than to fit the flaps....

• 1 year later...

Long time ago now lbonniebell but did you find out what was wrong with your alarm light?

I've just picked up an Octavia today and it appears to be doing the same thing - doors lock, alarm chirps but red light doesn't flash at all.

• Like 1

Mine stopped flashing ages ago, I also have a fault code showing an issue with the interior monitoring sensors and I have a feeling the two are connected.

Could be - I'll have to check for any codes. I did try locking the car with the windows down and waving my hand inside. The indicators started flashing but there was no alarm sound - maybe that's a clue.

Hmm, flat battery this morning despite driving for about 90 minutes yesterday - I suspect a problem with the alarm. Not a good start to Octavia ownwership :(

Needs a new alarm siren - the owners manual states every 6 years - when the internal batteries die they can drain the main battery over time - just had mine changed at 18 months old under warranty.

Usually you will loose the alarm chirps as well and the LED shows a different pattern and will come on steady for 30 seconds once armed.

Simple diagnostic scan will tell all with most alarm issues.

• Like 1