Fabia Xenon Headlights (Official Group Buy)

Sorry dude that's wrong.

HID = High Intensity Discharge. An electric arc is passed through Xenon gas giving off a very bright light, hence the name.

Whether it's H7 or D2S is no different, that's just the fitment of the bulb.

Ahh, ok my mistake. I do still belive that many people are going to be ****ed when they dont get a fresh MOT though. The way i read it, most of the internet type it, the government word it, and common sense says it, they need to have washers and levellers.

Ill keep an eye out and expect the influx of mot fail threads in about 3 days time all the same .........

Right, to settle this read the below link page 28. Xenons and HIDs are treated the same in law and MOT. Tell your fantasy mot mate to read it too.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/MOT%20Inspection%20Manual.pdf

He's hardly a fantasy pal....... get off your high horse and except different people interpret different things different ways.

And how can they possibly treat them the same way? Whats the same about a set of projectors with d2s bulbs and a set of oem reflectors with a set of h7r 6000w bulbs in??

Another thing you have to think about is, all cars with xenons were given headlight washers. I cant think of any that didnt but will happily stand corrected. Did the fabia vrs come without washers and xenons?

2001 Nissan primera had xenons with no washers!

cool, good example of a 10 year old car that had washers.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/Mot/DG_4022109

Nah, it has no washers, it was a old shape 2001 activ with factory fitted xenons! I owned it.

Search on auto trader, you'll a few for sale.

http://imganuncios.mitula.net/nissan_primera_1_8_activ_94203674613257138.jpg

There we go, I've attached an image. Before being cocky it's best to make sure your right first!

Edited by mdon

Theres not a week that goes by without someone mentioning 'MOT FAILURE' :D

Who cares? If i did fail for any reason like washers etc, just chuck your old ones back on 20 mins job max.

The people I take my car to are cool, so im not worrying too much. I think its down to your MOT tester and his views.

For example, I had a old Renault 5 with a crack on the windscreen, according to the MOT handbook its a fail, Reason 1: crack inline with drivers view. Reason 2: Crack bigger than IIRC 10p (it was a few inches big) but it passed because my tester thought it was petty to fail my car for that, the crack had finished cracking and wasnt obstructing my vison but was a fail in the handbook, can you see where im going here?

As many members stated, and have read the new mot manual, wash/levels not stated as a requirement and if your tester fails your car for it, remember the page number and dispute it, if its in black and white then it cant be a fail.

I think they have changed it for 2012 because washers aren't a nesessary, if they were it should be standard for halogen bulbs, a little water jet aint going to clean your lense anyway, pointless. Plus if it wasn't factory fitted its very difficult to install washers and levelers, not even thnking of the great expense.

There are reasons why they change MOT rules, always a reason....

:thumbup:

I emailed the seller again and this is what I got:

Hi,

I have spoke to my suppliers and they have guaranteed me the items will be delivered back end of Jan, start of Feb and then they will be posted out to you on Express delivery so you will recieve the parts at the start of Feb, is this OK?

you would be better getting the chrome one to start with?

Trouble is though Matt, they are £200 a piece (vs £185 for two on the group buy). I wanted them to send me those when they fluffed my order up, but couldn't do me a good enough deal on them (said the difference in price was from the suppliers - just why a chrome insert makes it so much more expensive I don't know!). In theory you could swap the black insert with the chrome, but then one light is OEM and one is a cheaper make so don't know if the parts would swap and fit easily?

Edited by SimonK24