Fabia Xenon Headlights (Official Group Buy)

Mine are now in and running, they look sweet :)

Going to the garage now to get the beam adjusted properly on the machine.

me and my bro will fit mine tomorrow, im working soon and dont want to rush, did you have to take bumper off? i had a look earlier and it does seem like the will come out without taking it off but seems a but easier if you do?

Right, you know what time it is......... Picture time! B)

DSC_0555.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

Old

DSC_0557.jpg

Bumper still in situ. ;)

DSC_0558.jpg

See how much glare the old lamp gives off on the right :S

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0560.jpg

Philips LED's

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

DSC_0563.jpg

I think that's enough to keep you lot entertained for a bit :giggle:

simon fancy making me a quick breakdown as to doing them? my brother is at work tomorrow so might give them a bash myself.

leaving bumper on :

2xscrews at top of headlight, 1xscrew down the back of headlight, then wiggle out? undoing the connections (does it come out easily with bumper on?)

how do you get the motor level adjusters off the old headlamp?

then just bulbs in and re-connect with new bulbs and connectors?

simon fancy making me a quick breakdown as to doing them? my brother is at work tomorrow so might give them a bash myself.

leaving bumper on :

2xscrews at top of headlight, 1xscrew down the back of headlight, then wiggle out? undoing the connections (does it come out easily with bumper on?)

Don't forget the screw on the headlight tab as well which sticks out, that one can be a little fiddly, and make sure you don't drop it!

I found it easier to undo some of the slam panel bolts so I could gain a little extra room, but seriously there is no need for the bumper to budge.

how do you get the motor level adjusters off the old headlamp?

They just twist anticlockwise but you can't just then pull them out. There is a ball and socket arrangement, and you need to tilt the motor a certain way to release it. Same way of fitting to the new headlight, it has to go in at a certain angle to get the ball in the socket, then you twist clockwise to lock it in place.

then just bulbs in and re-connect with new bulbs and connectors?

Yep :thumbup:

What's your opinion on build quality and compared to the old original lights?

I would say the build quality is pretty damn good, I didn't break anything off mine. The only issue is the back covers are VERY tight, and I could see how people could snap the tabs off, so be careful.

Edited by SimonK24

Thought to just add a comment - been running these headlamps for over a month. The nearside headlamp was faulty from new. No matter what I tried it would not adjust - even took it to my trusty MOT testing station and simply put, the adjusting screws were faulty, or the lens was dodgy. Replaced, no problems. Last week, I noticed the motor in the nearside headlamp had stopped working. Pulled the lamp out and replaced it on the weekend. Noted that the lamp now needed adjusting as the beam was too high. Popped a screw driver in the adjustment screw and the plastic screws fell apart. Another replacement needed as this lamp is not a month old. I think there is a quality issue with these lights. The adjustment screws are rubbish when using compared to the OEM headlamps.

Cheers for mentioning that :S , I didn't end up getting mine done today, but will get them done in the morning and will make sure they take caution when doing them.

Personally I wouldn't be using a screwdriver to adjust them though, you can fit an allen key in there instead which would ease the pressure put on them I would have thought.

Edited by SimonK24

Right, just been into the garage to have the beams adjusted. I was expecting something to break after previous comments :S however mine are all now perfectly set up with no issues whatsoever. In fact the mechanic said they were the easiest lights he has adjusted for some time, and parts usually break off on any lamp OEM or copies.

Well chuffed now, the light output is brilliant :thumbup:

Right, just been into the garage to have the beams adjusted. I was expecting something to break after previous comments :S however mine are all now perfectly set up with no issues whatsoever. In fact the mechanic said they were the easiest lights he has adjusted for some time, and parts usually break off on any lamp OEM or copies.

Well chuffed now, the light output is brilliant :thumbup:

Brilliant!! Did he use a screw driver or Allen key?

The output is so much better than hids :)

fitted tonight, didnt realise the full beam bulbs are H7 which i hadnt prepd for, will get some ordered now, very happy with them though.

Are you 100% sure? As I have ordered some new H3s for mine :(