Latest on Skoda's Future Plans

rsbspt

If the Rapid follows the chassis philosophy of the Roomster (long wheelbase, short overhangs, wide rear track) but with the multilink rear suspension from the Octavia 2/Golf 6 then it should be an awesome drive!

More on Skoda's 2011 sales and growth plans, investing 14 billion Euros into production in China as a joint project with VW: http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/about/info/news/news/Pages/2012_02_record-year-skoda.aspx

• 3 weeks later...

Skoda Rapid is currently on the Skoda India website. :thumbup:

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/ind/model/rapid/gallery/pictures/Pages/pictures.aspx

That's not the Rapid we're getting. That one is just for India.

Maybe Skoda will call the new (Mission L) car something different from Rapid to prevent this constant confusion!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,I am very excited because skoda is going launch a new hatchback in india that is skoda fabia scout.Its price is around 6-7 lakhs not exactly.The tough looking Fabia Scout is an off-roader version of Fabia hatchback with raised suspension for better ground clearance.

Future for skoda, most if not all franchise small dealers will close in favour of a one stop shop for all vag marques, seat, VW,Audi and skoda under one roof, one is being built currently in Llandudno junction at a cost of 6 million £

Why because one has done it? Sinclair have had all the marques apart from SEAT until last year. Sinclair VW now also has SEAT in the adjacent showroom. I can't see Audi or Skoda moving from where they are with us tbh. Sinclair also have Mercedes, Smart and any vans from each manufacturer

Not sure how that would work, Audi showrooms are leaps and bounds ahead of any of the other VAG marques. Arrive at an Audi showroom, you are greeted by a receptionist, music is playing in the background and Salesmen in suits/ties are everywhere, there is no parts department and instead a nice man comes out with a clipboard and takes your car details and whats required before disappearing out the back to retrieve the part. The whole experience is very swish and clinical almost, and I dont see how that could be translated to another marque.

So Geneva seems to be a damp squib for Skoda this year - Citigo is hardly news anymore even the five door...No Rapid,Mission L,facelift Superb or Octavia. Maybe something is being held back for Paris later in the year..

Future for skoda, most if not all franchise small dealers will close in favour of a one stop shop for all vag marques, seat, VW,Audi and skoda under one roof, one is being built currently in Llandudno junction at a cost of 6 million £

I wondered why Slaters in Abergele had been moved into another building. Does that mean Skoda in Abergele will cease to exist when the Llandudno Junction one has opened??

So Geneva seems to be a damp squib for Skoda this year - Citigo is hardly news anymore even the five door...No Rapid,Mission L,facelift Superb or Octavia. Maybe something is being held back for Paris later in the year..

Given that the MissionL and Octavia 3 are both supposed to debut this year it is quite surprising we have nothing at Geneva. The MissionL will go into production before the Paris motorshow and will be presented to the press beforehand. It is suspected that the Octavia 3 will not be at Paris either and they will do the same with that and present it sometime before the end of the year and not at a motorshow.

There is speculation on Czech forums that VW don't want Skoda upstaging them at motorshows and so are not allowed to launch anything big there anymore apart from concept cars or models already in production :(

Why because one has done it? Sinclair have had all the marques apart from SEAT until last year. Sinclair VW now also has SEAT in the adjacent showroom. I can't see Audi or Skoda moving from where they are with us tbh. Sinclair also have Mercedes, Smart and any vans from each manufacturer

Martyn all vag which will include the Audi will be together under one roof, costing the company taking the franchise over £ 6 million for the building this is happening how

Again that still doesn't prove they will all do it. Our Audi dealership is different to the VW and Skoda ones. This just applies to the franchise up there. Sinclair has been around for years and years

Again that still doesn't prove they will all do it. Our Audi dealership is different to the VW and Skoda ones. This just applies to the franchise up there. Sinclair has been around for years and years

Sorry martyn this is north Wales dealership however that's the way the wind is blowing, the dealer that is taking over is a well known English one I think, they have a great customer service record, apparently vag are not happy with the rate of negative ratings the franchise dealers are receiving , and this is there preferred way for the future when I get more info I will post