the best reg for a yeti

wakev

Last time I saw YET1 for sale the asking price was £39,995.

I wonder what it actually went for...

Just had a check on DVLA its no longer for sale there, but regtransfers has it listed for £49995 :o if it is his now he is going to make a few grand

if you have the money to pay 40 grand for a number plate i very much dounbt you would be driving a yeti and anyway i enjoy spotting personalised number plates with the misses just so we can try and decipher the crappy plate they have on there car and see what possibly made them fork out for such a waste of money when it has no relevance at all it would seem to the car or maybe the person.

Whats the point at the end of the day you might as well spend money on something that will increase the value of your car than something that does co*k all to the value

if you have the money to pay 40 grand for a number plate i very much dounbt you would be driving a yeti and anyway i enjoy spotting personalised number plates with the misses just so we can try and decipher the crappy plate they have on there car and see what possibly made them fork out for such a waste of money when it has no relevance at all it would seem to the car or maybe the person.

Whats the point at the end of the day you might as well spend money on something that will increase the value of your car than something that does co*k all to the value

Here is one for you then work this one out, on my old 1.2tsi

post-52230-0-25749800-1324585475_thumb.jpg

kevin and lynne if it were personalised but from the look of it i would say thats a dealer plate

kev and lyn + my year of birth purchased from DVLA ( so swmbo could remember the reg of the car for once in her life :rofl: ) dealer plates are prefix HK

Mine is EU 12345 . Illegal and (Northern) Irish, I know. My initals are, yes you guessed, EU; paid £200 for it in 1984 I think it was. In March I will rearrange it yet again; to read EU12 345. :giggle:

Sometimes a reg number crops up that not only suits you, but can also be used for every car you'll have in future.

So although not cheap, it's going to last you a long time.

In 2005 when the 55 plates came out I was lucky enough to get BO55 FOX for my new Defender. I've had it on a weekend toy ever since.

Sure, it cost me £2k at the time. But I'm going to get a lot of use out of it.

The best thing about it to me is that there is no need to alter letters or mis-space it. Other than the SS being 55 of course. :)

I like it and I guess that's the main thing as I paid for it. :thumbup:

• Like 1

yawn

Sometimes a reg number crops up that not only suits you, but can also be used for every car you'll have in future.

So although not cheap, it's going to last you a long time.

In 2005 when the 55 plates came out I was lucky enough to get BO55 FOX for my new Defender. I've had it on a weekend toy ever since.

Sure, it cost me £2k at the time. But I'm going to get a lot of use out of it.

The best thing about it to me is that there is no need to alter letters or mis-space it. Other than the SS being 55 of course. :)

I like it and I guess that's the main thing as I paid for it. :thumbup:

+1 when you work hard for you money you can spend it as you like :thumbup:

Wow!I didn't think it would draw in such attention.

Okay I will come clean,

The reg cost me 10 mins on Photoshop, I got the idea not to post the foto with the real number on it.

Good while it lasted :giggle:

Wow!I didn't think it would draw in such attention.

Okay I will come clean,

The reg cost me 10 mins on Photoshop, I got the idea not to post the foto with the real number on it.

Good while it lasted :giggle:

:rofl:

I used to hate 'cherished numbers' (what an awful term!) but as I got older and started finding that I could remember the registrations of cars I had years ago but not the current one I decided that a portable plate might be a good thing. As we have a flat in France in departement 13, Bouches-du-Rhone, I looked on the DVLA site and found D13 BDR was available at their lowest price (understandable, since it doesn't spell - or even nearly spell - anything, and contains the dreaded number!), so I bought it and will keep it henceforth.

Incidentally, our French neighbours think it's really cool!

I used to hate 'cherished numbers' (what an awful term!) but as I got older and started finding that I could remember the registrations of cars I had years ago but not the current one I decided that a portable plate might be a good thing. As we have a flat in France in departement 13, Bouches-du-Rhone, I looked on the DVLA site and found D13 BDR was available at their lowest price (understandable, since it doesn't spell - or even nearly spell - anything, and contains the dreaded number!), so I bought it and will keep it henceforth.

Incidentally, our French neighbours think it's really cool!

Likewise, we have a Regn on our Yeti that has both our full initials and the year we were born - definitely personalised (not cherished) and we certainly won't have problems remembering the Regn - on a 'build week 47 of 2011' car which, if read literally, would make the car 6 years old! :giggle: