Evry Mod For Pd

Massa

I think this is the sort of thing you'll find advertised on eBay, claiming to add 10bhp to any car. I think it causes the ecu to mix more fuel into the engine, but I'm no mechanic so don't take my word for it :)

Q.

Ah yes, I've read about this on scoobynet, posted up by my mate Paul Palmer :D Below is what I read on there. Seems that this little mod is being sold over e-bay at vast profit so someone decided to post the details to stop people having to pay out money :D

This is doing the rounds and some people are getting conned by it but I haven't seen any mention of it here so sorry if it's a scooby in a lake. This was cut from the Integrale forum :)

Here it is the full info on the mod that people keep buying I got the details off Ebay so for anyone who is sad enough to try it can do so and not get ripped off!

**PERFORMANCE +20BHP TO YOUR ENGINE FOR FREE. This is no joke All the adverts on ebay that state they sell performance chip that boost your cars performane are actully a 4.7k resistor that can be bought in any electrical component shop. This is causing uproar and Im getting alot of stick for publishing this info coz they want you to pay them

Ooops, just realised that it is a different mod :rolleyes: The one I posted is for the inlet air temperature rather than fuel pressure. I'll leave it there as it may be of use to someone :)

Hello Massa,

Welcome to the site!

I thought the EVRY mod was only applicable to the older generation TDis (110hp/90hp) but would be very interested to see how you get on.

Read bits about in on TDi club but was never quite sure how to do it. IIRC its a bit like a home grown tuning box mod.

Details can be found here

BTW any pics/details of mods on your nice Fabia vRS? :cheers:

• 8 months later...

After reading this, I'm after some guidance... A friend of mine had, what he describes as a "Temperature Sensor Mod" that he had on his VW Bora TDi 150, that he said fooled the engine into thinking that the fuel was running hotter than it actually was, so it squirted more fuel in. He reckoned it gave him a 10-20bhp boost with only a few mpg degradation in economy. Again, he's said it's a 10-15 minute job to fit, and this all sounds very, very similar to the kit that been described as the "Evry" mod in this thread. He's now replaced it with some other full engine tuning mod of some sort, so he's put if up for sale.

So, has anyone used one, had any experience of them, and does it actually make any difference? Also, does it have any warranty / dealer upsetting implications?

I'm also deducing, by everyone's scepticism on this mod, that the

• 3 years later...

i got 1 of the resistors but i have 3 wires in my iat so god knows which ones to stick it in apparently it does work my uncle has put it in all of his cars from audis to scoobys and it has worked in all of them so if any body knows which wires to connect it to i would be gratefull for some advice

If you are determined to ignore the advice you were given in your other post then so be it. You won't get your answer here as the eVry Mod is for Diesel Engines mate.

Do you understand why the resistor you have is fitted where it is and what it does?

After reading this, I'm after some guidance... A friend of mine had, what he describes as a "Temperature Sensor Mod" that he had on his VW Bora TDi 150, that he said fooled the engine into thinking that the fuel was running hotter than it actually was, so it squirted more fuel in. He reckoned it gave him a 10-20bhp boost with only a few mpg degradation in economy. Again, he's said it's a 10-15 minute job to fit, and this all sounds very, very similar to the kit that been described as the "Evry" mod in this thread. He's now replaced it with some other full engine tuning mod of some sort, so he's put if up for sale.

So, has anyone used one, had any experience of them, and does it actually make any difference? Also, does it have any warranty / dealer upsetting implications?

I'm also deducing, by everyone's scepticism on this mod, that the

Its a cheap and very effective mod. Had one fitted a while back. Alot more vfm than a remap. Just a shame the ecu logs a fault on the fuel temp sensor on later cars. But a simple vag-com reset is all thats needed.

By reading between the lines of the blurb that accompanies 'more advanced' products (not naming names, and not saying it's true), Power Resistor of Doom-type mods supposedly make your exhaust super-sooty at low revs, and so can allegedly clog up the vanes of the turbo. 'More advanced' mods allegedly don't increase the fuelling at low revs to combat this. And full remaps of course alter the boost pressure as well as the fuelling.

But OTOH, I seldom drive off-boost anyway, so smoking's only really an issue for me in the brief moment after a gear change. Then there's the fact that diesel engines run on excess air, so as long as the over-fuelling isn't too heavy, there ought to be sufficient oxygen for complete combustion anyway.

Oh, I don't know... :ne_nau:

my brother had one of these on his Vrs Got dirty really fast as you can see in the pic after 200 miles trip to lakes (i know its crap but he cannot use a camera for toffee) but it did give it a fair power boost. did have the prob with the fuel temp sensor tho had to reset the ecu light every 3 months or so with my vag-com

HPIM0099.jpg

m.buglass2.jpg